Are you a Dak Hater, Dak Waffler or Dak Lover?

Big D

Reaction score
Dak observer
Always hoping for the best though after this many poor playoff performances there was some serious doubt. This year does feel different though.
This. I always found it weird when someone likes or supports a player the immediate go to is to call someone a this or that 'Lover'. In my experience, it's always originated from those with a similar mindset that I find less than savory. Can't I just like a player without being a so and so 'Lover'?

TheCritic

Reaction score
I have no issues with Dak's performance this season. Just not sure I want to pay a 30 YO QB a $60 million a year contract. Depends on how far he takes us into the playoffs. As good as Dak is right now, I can't imag8ne he will ever live up to the size of an extended contract. Oh well that can be addressed after the season is over. I'm enjoying the ride for now.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I only ask this question because before last years loss to San Fran I was one of the biggest Dak lovers known to man. I appreciated his leadership, his demeanor, as well skill-set he possessed. I would argue with dudes like @Risen Star but to no avail guys like him already proclaimed Dak will NEVER get it done. I fought tooth and nail to at least talk some sense into these non-believers but obviously I never got anywhere.

After Dak failed to deliver against San Fran and I saw the deer in the headlights look after being strangled by the niners I began to believe that maybe Dak did suffer from some metal problems that at the end of the day he might not be able to overcome when the chips are down. I knew that injuries, coaching and scheme played a big part and I was first to not be a fan of Kellen "the beaver" Moore, but I still let doubt creep in. I started to think maybe Dak really doesn't have the mental capabilities to rise up when needed.

fast forward to this season. As I watched Dak struggle some this year it became obvious that he was playing like Drew Bledsoe and was becoming a statue. The Dak that we all loved in his rookie season would take a few steps back and release the ball the open guy, it was almost like he was playing in the west coast offense from the moment he took the field. As time progressed he ran less and less and one of the most infuriating things for me to watch was his inability to actually step up in the pocket to avoid the rush while still hitting an open man. These seemed like things that all Qb's should be able to do but Dak just kept his eyes glued and starred down his receivers... Obviously this concept doesn't work for Dak and it's a recipee for disaster.

If what we're seeing right now is our Cowboys new reality when it comes to Dak, we might really be onto something here! Dak is now getting rid of the ball again to open man or buying time with his feet to find another. To my untrained eye, I have to say that Big Mike might be the only coach to have taught him something he can sink his teeth into. I want to believe in Dak, I really do, I think he is an awesome dude...

Signed,

Dak Lover turned Dak Waffler reincarted as a Dak believer
Guess I am a waffler.
Dak has been so streaky, it's hard to fall in love with him as a QB.
I remember the first 7 games of the 2021 season, he came out all world, only to plummet back to earth.
So I will enjoy the hot run he is on and hope it's permanent.
But will have doubts in the back of my mind.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I was a Troy Aikman lover (that sounds weird but you get it) but unfortunately I was too young to really appreciate the super bowl teams. I was a Quincy Carter lover. I was even a Tony Romo lover. In between those guys I even found ways to get excited about the Clint Stoerners of the world. Every time I prioritized a QB over the team it came with major disappointment. Any more I try to prioritize what is best for the team and stick to that and not worry about defending or knocking an individual to fit what my mind wants to be truth. I'm at the point now of if Dak has a great game I'll let the world know about it. If Dak has a bad game, Ill let the world know about it. The more football I watch the more I tend to lean to the side that says we probably give these QBs too much credit anyways. Give Dak a strong team and hes good enough to win a super bowl. Put Dak on the Chargers and that's still probably a sub 500 team, maybe slightly better?

I guess that's a long form answer to just say I'm a waffler lol?

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
Teams like the Giants, Browns, Jets, Raiders, Patriots, Panthers, Steelers & Bears would take Dak in a heartbeat over their current QB's. They have some awful QB's.

If we move on from Dak and start throwing thrash out there like the Jets QB, we will truly get to experience awful quarterbacking. At that point, we will all realize that good QB's are very hard to come by. All in all, the Cowboys have been pretty lucky for the past 18 years or so. Can do much much worse than Romo & Dak.

Dak isn't perfect. But I will take him over any other QB not named Mahomes or Burrow.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
This. I always found it weird when someone likes or supports a player the immediate go to is to call someone a this or that 'Lover'. In my experience, it's always originated from those with a similar mindset that I find less than savory. Can't I just like a player without being a so and so 'Lover'?
Am I a Dak hater, a Dak waffler, or a Dak lover?

Yes. Are there other options. I’m just a little phobic about being called a “lover” of another man. But that’s probably just me…

popp1234

Reaction score
I am a Dak supporter, because he is the starting QB for my favorite team. I want him to do well and will NEVER root against him.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak observer
Always hoping for the best though after this many poor playoff performances there was some serious doubt. This year does feel different though.
If it makes you feel better in his six playoff games he has only had one poor performance (2021 SF), One average performance ( 2022 SF), while the rest have been strong.

So if by "this many" you mean one, then okay!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I only ask this question because before last years loss to San Fran I was one of the biggest Dak lovers known to man. I appreciated his leadership, his demeanor, as well skill-set he possessed. I would argue with dudes like @Risen Star but to no avail guys like him already proclaimed Dak will NEVER get it done. I fought tooth and nail to at least talk some sense into these non-believers but obviously I never got anywhere.

After Dak failed to deliver against San Fran and I saw the deer in the headlights look after being strangled by the niners I began to believe that maybe Dak did suffer from some metal problems that at the end of the day he might not be able to overcome when the chips are down. I knew that injuries, coaching and scheme played a big part and I was first to not be a fan of Kellen "the beaver" Moore, but I still let doubt creep in. I started to think maybe Dak really doesn't have the mental capabilities to rise up when needed.

fast forward to this season. As I watched Dak struggle some this year it became obvious that he was playing like Drew Bledsoe and was becoming a statue. The Dak that we all loved in his rookie season would take a few steps back and release the ball the open guy, it was almost like he was playing in the west coast offense from the moment he took the field. As time progressed he ran less and less and one of the most infuriating things for me to watch was his inability to actually step up in the pocket to avoid the rush while still hitting an open man. These seemed like things that all Qb's should be able to do but Dak just kept his eyes glued and starred down his receivers... Obviously this concept doesn't work for Dak and it's a recipee for disaster.

If what we're seeing right now is our Cowboys new reality when it comes to Dak, we might really be onto something here! Dak is now getting rid of the ball again to open man or buying time with his feet to find another. To my untrained eye, I have to say that Big Mike might be the only coach to have taught him something he can sink his teeth into. I want to believe in Dak, I really do, I think he is an awesome dude...

Signed,

Dak Lover turned Dak Waffler reincarted as a Dak believer
I am with you brother. The San Francisco buzz saw had me down on Dak the last three seasons. I realize now Dak is far from the issue. San Francisco has just been the better team the last three seasons. My hope is the offensive line can give Dak some time and the defense can force some turnovers then maybe we can beat them.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
I’ve always been a Dak lover. I don’t have a “Super Bowl or bust” mentality. I don’t blame him for the playoff losses, they were outplayed by really good teams. It happens. He repeatedly goes out and gets us 12 wins a year. He got us a playoff win last year, something we were told he couldn’t do. They lost to the 49ers. Yes, it hurts, but their players get paid to make plays too. With so many teams struggling at the QB position, we don’t know how lucky we are to have what we have. And some of the ones people have said are better than him aren’t looking too hot right now.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I feel like I am a realist. I was one of the first to call him out on all his picks last season but for the most part of his career he has been outstanding.

He is playing the best football of his career but it is not out of this world in terms of production year by year. His transition to the west coast offense has been masterful.

He has only been doing it for a year. Bears to reason he can improve over the next couple years.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I feel like I am a realist. I was one of the first to call him out on all his picks last season but for the most part of his career he has been outstanding.

He is playing the best football of his career but it is not out of this world in terms of production year by year. His transition to the west coast offense has been masterful.

He has only been doing it for a year. Bears to reason he can improve over the next couple years.
100% I think MM is a diference maker and Dak's best years are ahead of him.