Are you a Dak Hater, Dak Waffler or Dak Lover?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I only ask this question because before last years loss to San Fran I was one of the biggest Dak lovers known to man. I appreciated his leadership, his demeanor, as well skill-set he possessed. I would argue with dudes like @Risen Star but to no avail guys like him already proclaimed Dak will NEVER get it done. I fought tooth and nail to at least talk some sense into these non-believers but obviously I never got anywhere.

After Dak failed to deliver against San Fran and I saw the deer in the headlights look after being strangled by the niners I began to believe that maybe Dak did suffer from some metal problems that at the end of the day he might not be able to overcome when the chips are down. I knew that injuries, coaching and scheme played a big part and I was first to not be a fan of Kellen "the beaver" Moore, but I still let doubt creep in. I started to think maybe Dak really doesn't have the mental capabilities to rise up when needed.

fast forward to this season. As I watched Dak struggle some this year it became obvious that he was playing like Drew Bledsoe and was becoming a statue. The Dak that we all loved in his rookie season would take a few steps back and release the ball the open guy, it was almost like he was playing in the west coast offense from the moment he took the field. As time progressed he ran less and less and one of the most infuriating things for me to watch was his inability to actually step up in the pocket to avoid the rush while still hitting an open man. These seemed like things that all Qb's should be able to do but Dak just kept his eyes glued and starred down his receivers... Obviously this concept doesn't work for Dak and it's a recipee for disaster.

If what we're seeing right now is our Cowboys new reality when it comes to Dak, we might really be onto something here! Dak is now getting rid of the ball again to open man or buying time with his feet to find another. To my untrained eye, I have to say that Big Mike might be the only coach to have taught him something he can sink his teeth into. I want to believe in Dak, I really do, I think he is an awesome dude...

Signed,

Dak Lover turned Dak Waffler reincarted as a Dak believer
These are the least use a different word count of Dak supporter ? I am not in love with dak but supporting him since day one. He's never really deserved all the negative hate and the waffling he's always been a top ten quarterback or better.... And he's not going anywhere so all the ridiculous hate and the ridiculous nicknames that never really supported any true narratives they were all false....

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
These are the least use a different word count of Dak supporter ? I am not in love with dak but supporting him since day one. He's never really deserved all the negative hate and the waffling he's always been a top ten quarterback or better.... And he's not going anywhere so all the ridiculous hate and the ridiculous nicknames that never really supported any true narratives they were all false....
true, Cowboys fans have always been divided over the QB, even the "Winners" had doubters..Roger, White, Troy, Romo, Dak..not many Franchises can put a 50ish year list up like that....That SB trophy is bright sometimes it blinds us as fans..

btgboys41

Reaction score
I haven’t been any of the three choices and I’m not now. I’ve thought he was good enough and needing a very strong supporting cast. Right now I think he’s playing great ball and a key reason for their current standing.

kskboys

Reaction score
I feel like I am a realist. I was one of the first to call him out on all his picks last season but for the most part of his career he has been outstanding.

He is playing the best football of his career but it is not out of this world in terms of production year by year. His transition to the west coast offense has been masterful.

He has only been doing it for a year. Bears to reason he can improve over the next couple years.
OK, but does it Tiger to reason?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have no issues with Dak's performance this season. Just not sure I want to pay a 30 YO QB a $60 million a year contract. Depends on how far he takes us into the playoffs. As good as Dak is right now, I can't imag8ne he will ever live up to the size of an extended contract. Oh well that can be addressed after the season is over. I'm enjoying the ride for now.
Yeah age I’m not concerned with. He at least hast 7 or 8 years left.

jsb357

Reaction score
I know he has the job but can he do the job?

Like it or not the job in Dallas is to win a SB.

QB's in Dallas are held to a higher standard
and I like it that way.

:popcorn:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
My issue has always been, present a better option. Present a better plan, idea or a direction and sure...not that we have control, but at that point then everyone can join with wanting the team to move on.

But most of the ideas have been bad. Trading up for Zach Wilson in 2020...god that would have been horrible. Trade for Baker Mayfield? No. Tank for a QB? Another bad idea

We were in an in between area where realistically, Dak was the best we were going to be able to do. Barring finding another Dak Prescott in the later rounds

He's always imo been good enough that if everything goes right...we could win a SB

This year, he may be good enough that we don't need everything to go right.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I am a Romosexual
seinfeld-george-costanza.gif

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
My issue has always been, present a better option. Present a better plan, idea or a direction and sure...not that we have control, but at that point then everyone can join with wanting the team to move on.

But most of the ideas have been bad. Trading up for Zach Wilson in 2020...god that would have been horrible. Trade for Baker Mayfield? No. Tank for a QB? Another bad idea

We were in an in between area where realistically, Dak was the best we were going to be able to do. Barring finding another Dak Prescott in the later rounds

He's always imo been good enough that if everything goes right...we could win a SB

This year, he may be good enough that we don't need everything to go right.
great point, i dont think any fan would reject an upgrade...finding an actual upgrade is the problem..