Are You A Survival Prepper?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Are you waiting for the Apocalypse? Electrical Grid Blackout? SHTF? Aliens or even worse Kathy Griffen comes on tour to your town?

Do you prepare? For me i've got stored food right now maybe 2 months worth.( MRE STAR & READY HOUR PRODUCTS) Camping gear to BUG OUT.

How about you?
No. For various reasons, mainly because if the apocalpse comes, I don't want to be here. Too old to start living without A/C, etc.

Too many other reasons to list here, I'd be glad to discuss in person, but way too much to discuss on a forum like this.

Hey, that's my answer and I'm sticking to it!

rags747

Reaction score
At the end of the day the Preppers will actually become the targets. When the SHTF and the lights go out there will be no food, no water, no government to protect you. It will become Mano e Mano quickly for survival. I have zero doubts that it will get ugly really quickly. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that none of us ever have to face something like that!

gtb1943

Reaction score
At the end of the day the Preppers will actually become the targets. When the SHTF and the lights go out there will be no food, no water, no government to protect you. It will become Mano e Mano quickly for survival. I have zero doubts that it will get ugly really quickly. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that none of us ever have to face something like that!
Certainly you would be correct if it got to the apocalyptic level

we have seen what human being can become in situations like that and calling them rabid animals is an insult to rabid animals

IF it is known you are prepared then you better get out of town real fast because they WILL come for everything you have.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Total gun count in the 3 digits.

Total ammo count after reloading along with good buys in the surplus department in the 7 digit range.

End of the day, if you have to kill what you want to take, forget it.

That said, I collect due to my love of the sport (shooting). If it gets to the point were we are nothing more than animals fighting to survive, killing each other to survive, end of the day I'm dead sooner or later and would rather go out on my own terms being human, and wanting to care for others.

Even if your an atheist, if you can't live your life like Jesus Christ, why bother.

Killing a two legged animal isn't anything I would wish upon any other human in hindsight.

Here is the added reality. Honest question... who here has humped how many rounds of ammo, and with what gun? Reality isn't like the movies. There is a difference between humping 5.56 and 7.62 ammo along with the weapon to actually shoot that ammo. Thats not even included humping food.

Medical care, food, gas, vehicles and social structure is something we all take for granted.

Last edited:

catiii

Reaction score

Don't forget about the nationwide test at 220P Eastern 120P Central 1120A West coast or the alert on your mobile will frighten people who aren't expecting it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
No. For various reasons, mainly because if the apocalpse comes, I don't want to be here. Too old to start living without A/C, etc.

Too many other reasons to list here, I'd be glad to discuss in person, but way too much to discuss on a forum like this.

Hey, that's my answer and I'm sticking to it!
I hear you. That’s why I’m not retiring anywhere with natural disasters - earthquake and hurricane zones… water shortage areas. Too old to deal with that junk.

I’ll leave the survival for the young. Have fun raping and pillaging.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Are you waiting for the Apocalypse? Electrical Grid Blackout? SHTF? Aliens or even worse Kathy Griffen comes on tour to your town?

Do you prepare? For me i've got stored food right now maybe 2 months worth.( MRE STAR & READY HOUR PRODUCTS) Camping gear to BUG OUT.

How about you?
not sure how many of you have military contacts, but they would say its not a bad idea to be prepared for massive grid failure and maybe way worse in the next 3-6 months.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
not sure how many of you have military contacts, but they would say its not a bad idea to be prepared for massive grid failure and maybe way worse in the next 3-6 months.
Why worse in the next 3-6 months? What's happening then that I need to prepare for? Grid failure is one of those you almost can't prep for. Nothing in our lives will work anymore. The book One Second After (recommended by Senator John McCain that all Americans should read) scared the hell out of me and I realized how many things I hadn't thought of before. Especially the lack of pharmaceuticals. Not something that would effect me personally but I imagine family members who can't get insulin or heart medications and it makes you stop and think. Give me natural disasters or pandemic any day over grid failure.