Are you a Zeke fan, a Dak fan, or a Cowboys fan?

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with his production. I had a problem with his 2017 production when it was 2015 Randle-esque and people kept on being blind to it because his name was Zeke Elliott and not Joseph Randle. It was about the same level of performance with one still being thought of as the best RB in the league while the other was complete garbage.
Tbf he still led the league in rushing in the games he played in. That's because I'm sure it was harder coming off suspension.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
It wasn't you so you can calm down.

"We’re all obviously Dallas Cowboy fans."

Yeah no s*** dude. It wasn't meant to be taken literally. You completely missed the point and made yourself look dumb in response.

And yes, I got the point you were trying to make. It was stupid.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I understand the difference between rhetoric and obsession. I just don't understand the point of comparing our players to division rivals, or anyone in general of that matter. It's a waste of time, and people really only use them to back their opinion of Zeke or Dak. That's my point. Why be in either camp of downplaying Zeke or Dak. Criticism is fine when warranted, but as of now, they're both balling.

The thread was comparing the two, and others chimed in. Going forward if you're not a fan of comparing our players to other players then you should just steer clear of those threads. A thread with an obvious topic comparing two players is going to have comments comparing those two players, obviously.

You might not see the point, others understand it and do. No they don't use it simply to back their opinion of Dak or Zeke, there were quite a few in there that made comments along the lines of "Zeke is a stud, but I'm taking Barkley".

Again
Downplaying =/= comparing two players and realizing the other player is better than our player

Frozen700

Reaction score
If you're anything other than a Cowboys fan then you tend to not see anything clearly in the best interest of the team

Those are the type of people who will put a player before the team. They like Dak, but Dak could be sorry as hell, they still want him to start and pay him 200 mil if they could

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
The thread was comparing the two, and others chimed in. Going forward if you're not a fan of comparing our players to other players then you should just steer clear of those threads. A thread with an obvious topic comparing two players is going to have comments comparing those two players, obviously.

You might not see the point, others understand it and do. No they don't use it simply to back their opinion of Dak or Zeke, there were quite a few in there that made comments along the lines of "Zeke is a stud, but I'm taking Barkley".

Again
Downplaying =/= comparing two players and realizing the other player is better than our player
I mean, I get it, but I don't partake. What's the point of claiming you'll take Barkely? That's like someone saying they'll take Mahomes over Dak lol. Its fantasy. Really those threads just cause more arguments than anything.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Does the CBA give the player the right to renegotiate
after 3 years?

What does the salary cap have to do with any individual’s negotiations? That’s seems like a management problem which you should know if you ran a business.

Again, explain to me how my saying that Zeke was simply taking advantage of his leverage to get more money was in anyway whining?

Do you understand what whining means?
(Hint it’s what you’re doing about Zeke hurting your feelings)

Why are you so angry about it?:)
So you are a fan of the player, than of the team?

Got it.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I mean, I get it, but I don't partake. What's the point of claiming you'll take Barkely? That's like someone saying they'll take Mahomes over Dak lol. Its fantasy. Really those threads just cause more arguments than anything.

Then 95% of threads shouldn't be commented on, because they are also fantasy.

And I agree, most people(non-cowboy forum guys) would take Barkley over Zeke like they would take Mahomes over Dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have and had players I was a fan or simply enjoyed watching them play but didn’t necessarily root their team on .

When I was a kid loved to watch Jim Brown, Namath, Unitas and Earl Campbell but couldn’t care less how their teams did.

I love to watch Brady and Rodgers now but root against their teams. I loved to watch Michael Jordon and Magic play but didn’t like the Lakers or the Bulls.

So, we probably have fans who are fans of players but not the Cowboys. And there’s probably fans who have hopped on our wagon cause of Dak.

We certainly had fans who hopped on with Staubach in the 70’s and players from the 90’s. That’s all part of the Wagon Fans teams and star players attract.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
So you are a fan of the player, than of the team?

Got it.
Can you answer my questions mr. business owner?

I didn’t think you would because they make you feel stupid (er).

I can answer all your questions because I’m a man. Not someone that gets rude and talks tough electronically. Until provoked.

I’m a fan of the team. And the players on the team.

Again slowly: what I did was state that Zeke had the right to renegotiate his contract after three years per the CBA to take advantage of the leverage he and his agent correctly perceived he had.

Here’s some of the questions that hurt your delicate sensibilities that you ignored:

Does the CBA give the player the right to renegotiate
after 3 years?

What does the salary cap have to do with any individual’s negotiations? That’s seems like a management problem which you should know if you ran a business.

Again, explain to me how my saying that Zeke was simply taking advantage of his leverage to get more money was in anyway whining?

You mad?:dance:

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
There are a lot of Cowboys fans on this site. There are also a fair # of people that are just fans of themselves. So they like to pick sides, defend things, and be "right". Even if its just trolling because it makes them feel good. IE fans of themselves.

One of the more profound thoughts I have read on this site.