Are you confident Zuerlein will be back to form this week?

jnday

Reaction score
Why sign K Lirim Hajrullahu to the practice squad if the Cowboys are not going to let him have a kicking competition against Greg Zuerlein?
Fassel didn’t give Forbath a chance when he came to Dallas and Forbath was perfect during his time in Dallas. A long snapper with a couple of decades of perfection was not good enough for Fassel either. Fassel is so obsessed with his guys that nobody gets a honest chance to compete and win a starting position on special teams. It would not be a problem if his guys was improving the special teams units , but the results hasn’t been that good so far.

Flamma

Reaction score
Absolutely not. I'm just hoping that last FG he hit gave him some confidence. That was a big one. So I'll say no misses next game. But that's just wishful thinking.

JBond

Reaction score
Simple thread

are you confident he will be back to form this week? Yes or no

will he miss a kick this week? Yes or no

I’m not confident that hes 100% ready. I don’t think he’s confident yet either. I think he will miss a kick this week.
I hope not. He and the bone dude need to go.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Simple thread

I’m not confident that hes 100% ready. I don’t think he’s confident yet either. I think he will miss a kick this week.
Not confident at all, don't think the team is either as they signed a kicker to the PS just in case he continues to struggle.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I have no idea how he’ll perform and don’t claim to. Neither does anyone else on here.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Simple thread

Well the fact that they signed a kicker to the practice squad this week gives you an idea of the cowboys "confidence" in zuerlein, or shall I say "lack there of". Publicly the coaches are saying all the right things, but behind closed doors they are scratching their heads like the rest of us..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Simple thread

he drilled a 48 yarder would be game winner straight down the middle that would have been good from 55..id say that a good sign

anything else is why we watch the games..

HINT ;little secrets,

kicker miss Fgs especially 60yarders..so id say im confident he kicks the ones under 40 back to form but what if theres a bad snap, a block, long attempts.,.come on MAN!!:facepalm::muttley:

thats like asking will dak have incompletions, or Cedee more drops , an OL missed block, DB get burned..all answers yes it happens all year it happens..no ones prefect JEEZ!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well the fact that they signed a kicker to the practice squad this week gives you an idea of the cowboys "confidence" in zuerlein, or shall I say "lack there of". Publicly the coaches are saying all the right things, but behind closed doors they are scratching their heads like the rest of us..
so all 16 players on the PS in different positions is a sign all those positions are shaky...hmm not buying it lol

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why sign K Lirim Hajrullahu to the practice squad if the Cowboys are not going to let him have a kicking competition against Greg Zuerlein?
Good point. Also, doesn't speak volumes of confidence in their kicker's health/ability to bring in another kicker.

JBS

Reaction score
he drilled a 48 yarder would be game winner straight down the middle that would have been good from 55..id say that a good sign

anything else is why we watch the games..

HINT ;little secrets,

kicker miss Fgs especially 60yarders..so id say im confident he kicks the ones under 40 back to form but what if theres a bad snap, a block, long attempts.,.come on MAN!!:facepalm::muttley:

thats like asking will dak have incompletions, or Cedee more drops , an OL missed block, DB get burned..all answers yes it happens all year it happens..no ones prefect JEEZ!

yeah man, you are totally right. It’s completely abnormal to have confidence in your kicker going an entire game without missing a kick. Good call man. It’s like predicting a pitcher to pitch a perfect game. My bad man.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Simple thread

Will they have 2 kickers active now that there is one on the practice squad?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Kickers are streaky, like baseball players.....and once they start thinking, it's over.

We've seen it first hand with Folk and Bailey.

Hopefully this isn't the case with Z, but it's tough to be confident.

Field goals aren't going to get it done this week anyway.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The last four games of 2020 he was 12 for 13 field goals and perfect on 13 extra points. Perhaps he just had a bad game, perhaps his injury hindered his preparation or perhaps it just provided mental doubt, I don't know. Perhaps he isn't fully healed and took a chance, worried they might cut him.

Since it was one game I can't call it a slump. We have to look at the game on Sunday and see how he fares. Kickers react differently to adversity. I've seen some of them blow off a bad game and be perfect the next week and I've seen some nosedive never to be the same.

We'll just have to see. One thing I know. Kickers are probably the quickest at turning hate into love and visa versa. If he kicks in the game winner at the end with a 58 yarder as time expires, most fans will be in a forgiving mood.
Raymond James stadium was natural grass...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully McCarthy and Kellen pull each other aside in the building at some point and privately agree to just go for it on 4th down way more aggressively in any situation that's reasonable once they've passed punting range..
Just leave the kicker home and always go for it on 4th when they would otherwise attempt a field goal.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Simple thread

No. Yes.
He can't be very confident. It's do or die time for him.