Are you excited for the 2014 season? If so, why?

Lonestar94

Reaction score
Its the same every year for me. Tony Romo. This will be a very interesting year for him coming off back surgery.

Is this the year that everybody WON'T be talking about the Dallas Cowboys? If so, that's a really good thing.

zack

Reaction score
Its the same every year for me. Tony Romo. This will be a very interesting year for him coming off back surgery.

Is this the year that everybody WON'T be talking about the Dallas Cowboys? If so, that's a really good thing.

I think that every fan is excited for the next year. I think that I have been excited every year to find out if we finally have a legit defense. Again, this will be my focus for 2014. Will we have a good defense or not. I'm more worried about Romo for health reasons vs performance. If anything, year in and year out he has always done his part.

If our defense is bad yet again, we will be in for more of the same......and people will continue to place the blame on the QB..

The Natural

Reaction score
No. As of right now, 2014 has 6-10 written all over it. We are as far away from Super Bowl contending status as we've been since the Dave Campo years.

I'm leaning toward this assessment. I'll always be a fan but probably wont get truly excited about this team until week 1 2015 when we have a new head coach, new QB, and an influx of talent from this coming draft and next years.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm staying with 8-8. Even though I think things are looking up [no, not from the grave..lol] but with a good draft on defense, the few coaching changes. McClay and Garrett doing much better at briniging in players, the draft. Now needs to be put together on the field. As usual.

After the draft, FA, I may adjust to 7-9 or 9-7. They need to prove to me on the field before I really go with anymore wins. And with a tough schedule for 2014, there may be improved play, but that doesn't always translate into wins. But maybe this is the year, we have health, and the luck goes our way.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score

Right now in February... eh, not excited, not unexcited.

Ask again after the draft, then again in late-August.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Way too many DL question marks for me right now. I'm dubious we can fill them all adequately. I have to say, was it Archer's article this week about how many resources we've dedicated to that side of the ball was pretty sobering. In all honesty, with an offseason and what cap room we've got dedicated to getting better there--with Marinelli driving the effort and running things--it stands to reason that we should see some improvement. Especially after two unusual seasons in terms of defensive injuries. But it's hard to get excited about it given how bad we were, and with so many question marks as to who's even going to be playing along the line.

I'm sure I'll get up by training camp, but right now, it's pretty depressing, honestly. I don't agree, at all, the the idea above that we're as bad a team as we've had since the Campo years. This team and this roster is in decent shape, overall. We're just in the DL retooling season (the way the contracts were structured, this is part of the team's plan), but we didn't get the benefit of having one last good year with Rat, Spence, and Ware heading into it. It makes everything look worse in retrospect.

dstovall5

Reaction score
I'm always excited about another season of Football (especially Dallas Football), regardless if the upcoming season looks bleak. I don't know, that's just me though.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I'm always excited. Love the drafting process and seeing the rooks in camp and pre-season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

always excited about the next season, how the season goes is anyone guess but one thing for sure every game I will be tuned in pulling for my Boys.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I see this as the starting bar...for me...very down...but than we ll see how fa and the draft goes..than see where the bars are. Ill give credit where credit is due...but for now...dallas has not addressed its needs in my opinion.

JackWagon

Reaction score
No. As of right now, 2014 has 6-10 written all over it. We are as far away from Super Bowl contending status as we've been since the Dave Campo years.

Yep ... you start out with a minimum 3 probably 4 losses cause your are playing the NFC West ... basically you have to win all your Division games to get into the playoffs. Sprinkle in a couple games against the AFC ... which if they are winning teams you will probably lose. And if you get Romo hurt again ... we will be staring directly and 6-10 or 5-11.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score

I always wonder if people like this actually watched the Cowboys this season. We lost five games by three or fewer points despite losing a ton of DLinemen in a year in which we transitioned to a 4-3. Of course I'm excited -- this team isn't that far from contending.

Section446

Reaction score
Yep ... you start out with a minimum 3 probably 4 losses cause your are playing the NFC West ... basically you have to win all your Division games to get into the playoffs. Sprinkle in a couple games against the AFC ... which if they are winning teams you will probably lose. And if you get Romo hurt again ... we will be staring directly and 6-10 or 5-11.

A 5-11/6-10 season might be the best thing that's ever happened to this team. Maybe it will inspire some real change.

Moderately_Askew

Heelsboy
Reaction score
I am always excited about the next season, though I will admit that I am a little less excited at this moment. Who knows what the future holds, the draft, FA and training camp have the ability to get me feeling more positive.