Are you guys thinking that Lamb

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It is weird.

5 years from now?

Crap..half the OL will be on other teams by then.

Zeke will be wearing a girdle trying to keep his abs in his pants.

Dak?

Who the heck knows?

Probably trying for his 3rd contract with Oakland..

Oops..I mean Las Vegas.

:laugh:
Can we make a deal on some ticket futures? should I PM you?

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Coop has an out in his contract in 2 years if things don’t work out. Gallup is a free agent in 2 years. Lamb is under a rookie contract for 5 years. That’s why you draft Lamb.

I'm actually ecstatic with how things worked out. The Cowboys probably don't end up getting Lamb if Cooper was on a franchise tag. Another team would have made a bigger offer to the Falcons.

aria

Reaction score
The fact that we signed Cooper before the draft is probably the reason we were able to get Lamb. Somebody would've leapfrogged us to get him, if they knew we were looking for a WR, IMO.
Huh...interesting theory, very interesting.

cern

Reaction score
will have a similar effect on the offense like Amari did in 2018?

I keep hearing about Lamb as a pancrea and being the difference for us in 2020.

That he is the future and will replace Amari in a couple of years as the #1 and Amari will be no longer needed.

I just watch his highlight video and wonder if what he is doing is based on inferior college teams facing him and his QBs playing well?

I have concerns.

Some out there might have a better feel for this.

I personally think he will occasionally sparkle then fade for stretches at a time as the season wears on and the playoffs get closer and the pressure increases.

Gallop is going to become more important becuz Amari and Lamb will be drawing the coverages and we will retreat to try to Powerball with Zeke as before.

This is where it gets dicey.

When things get tight, will Moore be creative? Will McCarthy step in and assume calling the offense?

Thoughts?
I don't think his pancrea/pancreas will come to bear. I certainly hope not.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Amari was a veteran receiver when he arrived in Dallas. He was able to step in immediately and make a huge difference. Lamb is a rookie who’s had no rookie camp or OTA’s. It usually takes time for a rookie receiver to make an impact and this virtual offseason is going to make it a little tougher for him to have a great success his rookie season. I see him making an impact but I would caution against expectations of him lighting it up as a rookie. Barring injury I think he’s going to be sensational but it’s going to take a little time for him to become acclimated to the NFL. One other point we didn’t have anything at WR when Amari arrived. We made a big mistake in free agency which is why we traded for him. Him and Beasley were all we had at WR. We’re not going have to depend on Lamb like we did Amari who was our number one receiver.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

That he is the future and will replace Amari in a couple of years as the #1 and Amari will be no longer needed.

I just watch his highlight video and wonder if what he is doing is based on inferior college teams facing him and his QBs playing well?

I have concerns.

I personally think he will occasionally sparkle then fade for stretches at a time as the season wears on and the playoffs get closer and the pressure increases.

Gallop is going to become more important becuz Amari and Lamb will be drawing the coverages and we will retreat to try to Powerball with Zeke as before.

When things get tight, will Moore be creative? Will McCarthy step in and assume calling the offense?

Thoughts?
When Amari came to Dallas he was already a seasoned veteran. Lamb is a rookie, how can he be expected to have the same effect on the team that Amari did when he came to Dallas. It's not fair to Lamb to put that kind of expectation on his young shoulders. Lamb is a true 3WR if not 4WR if Jarwin is having a good day. That's not meant to be disrespectful to Lamb. It's just the reality of how the expectations should be.

cern

Reaction score
We really don't know how good lamb will be. I expect the bar to be high.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The fact that we signed Cooper before the draft is probably the reason we were able to get Lamb. Somebody would've leapfrogged us to get him, if they knew we were looking for a WR, IMO.
That is 'out of the box' thinking.

Never crossed my mind.

Philly had to cancel their "Welcome home Cee Dee" banners, huh?

I think we all sat there on Draft evening looking at Goodell in his bathrobe announcing the pick and holding our breathe saying..

"Now don't blow this Boys.."

and exhaling that we did not make a trade and move out of 17. Then inhaled when Lamb was selected.

I think my heart skipped a beat.

:omg:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I have concerns.

Thoughts?

It’s very hard to evaluate OU players for this very reason.

Their competition is a joke and they get to play in so much space because of it.

jnday

Reaction score
I follow Big 12 football and while a lot of the defenses he played were an absolute joke, I think he will transition well to the NFL. I really think drafting him will be the difference maker in opening things up for the entire offense, defenses will have hell trying to cover all the weapons we have.

Having said that, why did we sign Coop to a contract if we just drafted another top receiver? I think we should have gone after a DE and/or a safety like McKinney in the 1st and 2nd. We had a great offense last year and this was a deep WR class, I think we could have picked up an adequate WR later in the draft. Our secondary is questionable as is our pass rush.

I’m not mad about Lamb, as I said, I think he will be a stud and everyone on the offense will benefit but our defense needs more help.
When a player like Lamb drops to you, you pick him. He is a top five talent and Dallas was able to draft him in the middle of the first round. There wasn’t a safety rated high enough to be picked in the first round and it was questionable that the safeties were even 2nd round talent.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The ridiculous ideas that Lamb will be our #1 or even better than Cobb in his rookie year seem wishful homerisms to me. I hope the rookie can step in as #3 immediately, but that is no guarantee. Hopefully he will have a good rookie year, and I trust a wonderful career as a Cowboy. But let’s tap the brakes a bit and allow him to have a rookie season of big plays, but also learning.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

I have concerns.

Thoughts?

I too have thought of Lamb as a pancreas.

aria

Reaction score
When a player like Lamb drops to you, you pick him. He is a top five talent and Dallas was able to draft him in the middle of the first round. There wasn’t a safety rated high enough to be picked in the first round and it was questionable that the safeties were even 2nd round talent.
Actually most people had McKinney graded as a first round talent and Lamb was a top 5 receiver talent but not top 5 overall. Again, BPA rarely makes sense.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The ridiculous ideas that Lamb will be our #1 or even better than Cobb in his rookie year seem wishful homerisms to me. I hope the rookie can step in as #3 immediately, but that is no guarantee. Hopefully he will have a good rookie year, and I trust a wonderful career as a Cowboy. But let’s tap the brakes a bit and allow him to have a rookie season of big plays, but also learning.
No.

Pro Bowl MVP first year.

Tired of waiting.

Jerry said it will happen.

Got his email dated April 23rd on it somewhere.

:rolleyes:

aria

Reaction score
See this is odd for me because I’m normally realistic and the pessimistic one. What you said here sounds exactly like something I say most of the time with regards to a lot of the Cowboys hype but in this rare instance I’m guilty of drinking the Kool Aid and think Lamb will make an immediate and impactful difference right off the bat. I almost feel dirty for thinking like this, lol.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Lamb stew baby, and he's got all the ingredients.
Yes sir.

First time I ever had that..

my parents had some friends from Sweden.

Lived a couple of houses over from us.

Had a son I was friends with.

So we would be having lunch at his house and his mom would do lamb stew with dill.

First time I had it..went outta my mind for it.

Never tasted any soup that good until one day my dad took us to meet my aunt out on her farm outside Charleston, SC.

She made us Cream of Mushroom soup from her garden.

I must have had 5 bowls.

Yikes.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Actually most people had McKinney graded as a first round talent and Lamb was a top 5 receiver talent but not top 5 overall. Again, BPA rarely makes sense.
Top 5 receiver? Every ranking I saw had him as the #1 or #2 receiver. And on the two big boards I just looked up Lamb was #6 overall on one and #7 on the other.

Last edited: