Are you happy we signed Dak

Are you happy we signed Dak

• Total voters

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Yes but on the extension, the Cowboys are locked in to paying whatever Dak and his agent want because of the way this contract was written. The team is seriously screwed.

Why, because of the no trade clause? I find it a little amusing that you didn't want to sign him in the first place, but know you're worried about his extension in three years.

Reactions: CWR

Swagger

Reaction score
I'm still in a little bit of shock because it's such a horrific long term contract for the team. I know Jerry likes his guys but this is off the scale.

Dak fans will be happy that they get to watch him play well in a loaded offense but it's a long sad time for genuine Dallas Cowboy fans who wanted to see the team compete beyond their division.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Why, because of the no trade clause? I find it a little amusing that you didn't want to sign him in the first place, but know you're worried about his extension in three years.

This is 100 percent untrue. I did want us to sign Dak. Just not for more then 35/36 for 5 years. It's also not just the no trade, it's the no tag clause as well. What I find equally amusing is that you are stating things as factual when you are completely wrong on all of them. If you were smart, you would be worried about his extension three years from now too.

But that's up to you.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

How...me want fire...oh damn...,
I though you were saying "hi" to me...my Indian blood...sorry.

How are you? You know, you just don't want to accept the contract that Dak got.

JJ don't care...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm cautiously optimistic. I like Dak, and don't understand why some people seem to feel we could, without question, just run out and grab a replacement as good or better. But a person can't deny that such a big salary cuts into the available money for other players, and the defense definitely needs attention. The Cowboys are going to need to do a good job using their available money for the team to do well. We'll see ...

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Yes, I believe that this is how the contract was constructed. At least a large majority of the deal can be spread out over multiple years because it will be converted into signing bonus but seriously, I don't see Jerry stepping away from Dak, even if Dak hasn't won anything. If Dak goes .500, Jerry will still resign him at any cost. He did it with Romo and he will do it with Prescott IMO. We're gonna get screwed.

Dak won't prevent us from winning games. I don't believe Jerry is wrong to hitch his wagon to Dak. The question now is can we build this defense up?

Romo didn't prevent us from a title either.

We need to actually fix the areas that prevent us from winning. It's entirely possible.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic. I like Dak, and don't understand why some people seem to feel we could, without questions, just run out and grab a replacement as good or better. But a person can't deny that such a big salary cuts into the available money for other players, and the defense definitely needs attention. The Cowboys are going to need to do a good job using their available money for the team to do well. We'll see ...

Uh, hello? Operator are you there? Send me...

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
In the end, Dak will be on another team in 2025, the Cowboys will be in cap hell and still have 5 rings.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Me big like buffalo, long like snake...fire night the love

OK, thats it for me. I'm out Brother. Think I'm gonna go sit in my Garage and look at an ice cold beer. Can't drink one till after Lent so that's the next best thing I guess.

Be good everybody.......

CWR

Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic. I like Dak, and don't understand why some people seem to feel we could, without questions, just run out and grab a replacement as good or better. But a person can't deny that such a big salary cuts into the available money for other players, and the defense definitely needs attention. The Cowboys are going to need to do a good job using their available money for the team to do well. We'll see ...

Too many people on here think it's 2014 or 2016, and we can beat down anyone with our monsters on the oline.

Ironically most these same people think Zeke is trash.

Either way it's long past the time we can plug in any old QB and win games. Dalton showed us the drop off.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
OK, thats it for me. I'm out Brother. Think I'm gonna go sit in my Garage and look at an ice cold beer. Can't drink one till after Lent so that's the next best thing I guess.

Be good everybody.......

I bet it looks cool, I cannot wait for the spring...take care ABQ...wish I was there.

ICP

Reaction score
Lol, honestly don't care anymore, Jerry has gotten my interest in the team worn thin. Hopefully he does well but I'm a pretty firm believer that as long as someone named Jones is running the team there's not going to be a SB in the cards anytime soon

black label

Reaction score
No and Jerry is pure comedy. I cried over the steeler loses, those were tough to swallow. I haven't stopped laughing with my friends at jerry since this deal was announced.

Croomraider

Reaction score
yes.... great guy... team leader.. great football player.. now it's his chance