CZ POLL Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting CB Reggie Robinson II with the 123rd pick?

Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting CB Reggie Robinson II with the 123rd pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
We did? So Awuzie, Diggs, Lewis and Brown wasn't enough? It was important to use a 4th round pick on a 5th CB?

You're mentally ill. It's not your fault. Seek therapy.
It creates competition because as of right now you have no corner signed past 2021 except diggs and now robinson. I personally think this kills chidos chance for a 2nd contract with this team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
eXvLfai.png

*Results from all five polls

Mr_437

Reaction score
I have to ask. What game or video can someone can direct me to that shows Reggie Robinson doing something that deserves high praise? I don't see much.

Robinson's press coverage isn't good especially considering his size, strength n speed. Dude gets beat on simple go routes, in which, he fails to squeeze the WR to the sidelines. Long story short, this is an Al Harris project.

I see Robinson as purely a STs player (Gunner) as his only hope of making the team. He doesn't hustle to the ball or a tackling opportunity fast enough for me to believe he'll be a solid Gunner...not like CJ Goodwin.

More questions than answers on this player for me.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I have to ask. What game or video can someone can direct me to that shows Reggie Robinson doing something that deserves high praise? I don't see much.

Robinson's press coverage isn't good especially considering his size, strength n speed. Dude gets beat on simple go routes, in which, he fails to squeeze the WR to the sidelines. Long story short, this is an Al Harris project.

I see Robinson as purely a STs player (Gunner) as his only hope of making the team. He doesn't hustle to the ball or a tackling opportunity fast enough for me to believe he'll be a solid Gunner...not like CJ Goodwin.

I don’t have a link to game tape that I can show you but but just know that Dallas is far from the only team/people that thought highly of him.

Chad Reuter of NFL.com said this about Robinson when writing about the Dallas draft: “Love the pick of Robinson as an outside corner with athleticism in the fourth round. He should have been selected much earlier.”

I’ve also seen others saying similar things about him but I can’t remember where I read them, lol. I understand you wanting to see on tape what you’re hearing - I like to have that as well too - but there are a lot of people who know that are really high on the guy.

This might be a particular pick that we have to wait for reports out of camp for much verification on anything on Robinson. The good news is that pretty much everyone is giving high grades on that pick, which is better than some years when everyone hates it.

Here is what all Reuter says on Dallas’ draft:

Dallas Cowboys

Draft picks: Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb (No. 17 overall), Alabama CB Trevon Diggs (No. 51), Oklahoma DT Neville Gallimore (No. 82), Tulsa CB Reggie Robinson (No. 123), Wisconsin C Tyler Biadasz (No. 146), Utah DE Bradlee Anae (No. 179), James Madison QB Ben DiNucci (No. 231)
Day 1 grade: A
Day 2 grade: A
Day 3 grade: A
Overall grade: A
Draft analysis: Lamb was the top receiver in the class and Diggs joined Gallimore in shoring up sore sports on defense, so I have zero complaints about Jerry Jones' moves on the first two days of the draft.

Love the pick of Robinson as an outside corner with athleticism in the fourth round. He should have been selected much earlier. I expected Dallas to pick Biadasz early in the fourth round so it wasn't surprising they moved up to get the sturdy pivot later in that round. Giving up a future pick is not always a great move, but sending a fifth-rounder in 2021 to the Eagles to move up for a probable long-time starter makes plenty of sense to me.

Anae is a top-100 talent who fell to Dallas at the end of Round 5. While not the quickest edge rusher, his strength, moves and hustle are difficult for tackles to deal with.

link:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...draft-final-quicksnap-grades-for-all-32-teams

stilltheguru

Reaction score

What games are you watching where hes giving up easy catches

Mr_437

Reaction score
What games are you watching where hes giving up easy catches
I watched Memphis, SMU, Oklahoma St. and UCF. I don't recall saying easy, but I will say he was in good position on most go routes, but he could do better at catch point.

People say he's physical but a WR from Memphis bullied him of the line, in press, and caught a deep ball. Also, he didn't seem to anxious to get involved in the run game. Lastly, WRs were blocking him down field and he wasn't getting off those blocks.

I must say from what I saw, I have to trust All Harris.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I don’t have a link to game tape that I can show you but but just know that Dallas is far from the only team/people that thought highly of him.

Chad Reuter of NFL.com said this about Robinson when writing about the Dallas draft: “Love the pick of Robinson as an outside corner with athleticism in the fourth round. He should have been selected much earlier.”

I’ve also seen others saying similar things about him but I can’t remember where I read them, lol. I understand you wanting to see on tape what you’re hearing - I like to have that as well too - but there are a lot of people who know that are really high on the guy.

This might be a particular pick that we have to wait for reports out of camp for much verification on anything on Robinson. The good news is that pretty much everyone is giving high grades on that pick, which is better than some years when everyone hates it.

Here is what all Reuter says on Dallas’ draft:

Dallas Cowboys

Draft picks: Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb (No. 17 overall), Alabama CB Trevon Diggs (No. 51), Oklahoma DT Neville Gallimore (No. 82), Tulsa CB Reggie Robinson (No. 123), Wisconsin C Tyler Biadasz (No. 146), Utah DE Bradlee Anae (No. 179), James Madison QB Ben DiNucci (No. 231)
Day 1 grade: A
Day 2 grade: A
Day 3 grade: A
Overall grade: A
Draft analysis: Lamb was the top receiver in the class and Diggs joined Gallimore in shoring up sore sports on defense, so I have zero complaints about Jerry Jones' moves on the first two days of the draft.

Love the pick of Robinson as an outside corner with athleticism in the fourth round. He should have been selected much earlier. I expected Dallas to pick Biadasz early in the fourth round so it wasn't surprising they moved up to get the sturdy pivot later in that round. Giving up a future pick is not always a great move, but sending a fifth-rounder in 2021 to the Eagles to move up for a probable long-time starter makes plenty of sense to me.

Anae is a top-100 talent who fell to Dallas at the end of Round 5. While not the quickest edge rusher, his strength, moves and hustle are difficult for tackles to deal with.

link:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...draft-final-quicksnap-grades-for-all-32-teams
Haha I read some of these reports too, so I was expecting something totally different. Maybe those guys have it nailed, and I'm tripping.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Haha I read some of these reports too, so I was expecting something totally different. Maybe those guys have it nailed, and I'm tripping.
We shall see, I suppose. I’m hopeful on the guy.

This pick was no AOA. He was from a small school too but nobody else wanted the guy. People had Robinson going in the 3rd.

He is a legit athlete (2nd SPARQ corner in this draft I think), he’s big and physical and has an alpha attitude. He’s got a lot going for him.

With Nolan wanting to run man-press coverage, he’s physically ideal... much like Diggs.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I watched Memphis, SMU, Oklahoma St. and UCF. I don't recall saying easy, but I will say he was in good position on most go routes, but he could do better at catch point.

People say he's physical but a WR from Memphis bullied him of the line, in press, and caught a deep ball. Also, he didn't seem to anxious to get involved in the run game. Lastly, WRs were blocking him down field and he wasn't getting off those blocks.

Who actually cares about corners in the run game tho. This kid attacks the ball. He needs to work on some things but his upside is crazy

stilltheguru

Reaction score

I'll watch those games to see. Thanks

Mr_437

Reaction score
We shall see, I suppose. I’m hopeful on the guy.

This pick was no AOA. He was from a small school too but nobody else wanted the guy. People had Robinson going in the 3rd.

He is a legit athlete (2nd SPARQ corner in this draft I think), he’s big and physical and has an alpha attitude. He’s got a lot going for him.

With Nolan wanting to run man-press coverage, he’s physically ideal... much like Diggs.
Right on. I'm hopeful too. I think after a year with Al he'll be a much better player.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

I did see SMU Proche beat him for a deep td but it wasnt bad coverage and Proche is an nfl receiver.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Who actually cares about corners in the run game tho. This kid attacks the ball. He needs to work on some things but his upside is crazy
Actually, him giving up deep balls and his technique was more concerning, but yes I like complete CBs... it's tackle football so everyone on defense needs to tackle adequately.

JBS

Reaction score
We did? So Awuzie, Diggs, Lewis and Brown wasn't enough? It was important to use a 4th round pick on a 5th CB?

You're mentally ill. It's not your fault. Seek therapy.

What if their plan is to move him to S? I don't know if it is or isn't. Just asking

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
Good idea with the polls. Now no one can say they "hated the pick all along" at the point when maybe one of these players arent playing well.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yes, because the Cowboys lost Jones, Awuzie not only may be gone next year, I'm not real happy with his play to this point either. Neither Brown or Lewis have been able to perform well enough before this year to be a full time starter, so yeah Cowboys can use two more corners. Would have preferred a safety, but didn't seem to be a good one left by #123, cornerback is still a defensive back, maybe he can move to safety..

Oneiros

Reaction score
You can't teach ball skills, just ask Jones, but this kid attacks the ball and is a ST demon.

Couple that with the fact that he has size and speed and there's a lot of potential here.

I'd like to see what he develops in to with some time with Harris but one thing he showed is the ability to improve.

The main knock on him from many scouts is not the talent but rather consistency.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You can't teach ball skills, just ask Jones, but this kid attacks the ball and is a ST demon.

Couple that with the fact that he has size and speed and there's a lot of potential here.

I'd like to see what he develops in to with some time with Harris but one thing he showed is the ability to improve.

The main knock on him from many scouts is not the talent but rather consistency.
Yup hes kind of a one year wonder and his coaches said he had trouble with confidence until his final year where he finally had some ball production. If the coaches can keep his confidence up and give him some good coaching his upside is crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.