CZ POLL Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting DT Osa Odighizuwa with the 75th pick?

Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting DT Osa Odighizuwa with the 75th pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
Thats why i said him bulking up is scary potential

You sure right about that too. He may end up being a really good player for us. I'm curious to see how they use him. I believe a lot of our rooks are going to get significant time this year and I love the fact our vets are being pushed. I expect a crazy competitive camp this year and a packed house for the "voluntary" stuff. Everyone should be looking over their shoulder.

blueblood70

Reaction score
i like this pick ,dont luv it ,but he reminds me bit of Ratliff maybe Malik collins..if he is better run stuffer and decent pass rusher, its what wee need..

you line Osi up with boahnn, urban on obvious run downs and ee might have found a wall weve been looking for,

cowboyec

Reaction score
according to dane bruglar's dt rankings...the 9th best DT in the draft.
according to lindy's draft guide...rated 87 in their top 100 with a 3/4 rd grade.
outstanding wrestler.
long arms...wicked wing span.
strong as a bull.
can play up and down the line.
motor doesnt have an off switch.
excellent run defender.
generates a good pass rush...inside or out.
high energy.
relentless.
high character.
very quick off the snap.
uses his size or lack of height to get leverage.
strong arms...hands like vice grips.
i think he may be the surprise day 1 starter or significant contributor from this class.
really good player.

cowboyec

Reaction score
You sure right about that too. He may end up being a really good player for us. I'm curious to see how they use him. I believe a lot of our rooks are going to get significant time this year and I love the fact our vets are being pushed. I expect a crazy competitive camp this year and a packed house for the "voluntary" stuff. Everyone should be looking over their shoulder.
osa may push trysten hill to be better...or push him off the roster.
my favorite battle is the fatal 3 way at DE...armstrong v anae v golston.
this is gonna be a difficult cut down to 53...or 55...or however many they're keeping this season.

CWR

Reaction score
I really like the pick after watching more tape.

As far as our DTs go, I like Gallimore but that’s about it. Hill is a huge question mark and could be cut before the season even begins.

Osa plays with great effort and for his size is great in the run game. He’s excellent at using leverage. He posted excellent statistics and racked up a lot of tackles for a DT. He’s a good guy off the field and an advocate for mental health https://www.nfl.com/news/family-matters-why-osa-odighizuwa-wants-to-advocate-for-mental-health

It wouldn’t shock me if Osa is starting at some point later this year. There’s really nothing to dislike about this pick for me.

Did you see he benches over 400lbs and starts over 700? His size is a little misleading when you think about his overall strength. I'm not making the comparison but Donald is ridiculously strong for his size too.

CWR

Reaction score
osa may push trysten hill to be better...or push him off the roster.
my favorite battle is the fatal 3 way at DE...armstrong v anae v golston.
this is gonna be a difficult cut down to 53...or 55...or however many they're keeping this season.

My favorite is with the LBS.
Jaylon
LVE
Parsons
Cox
Neal
Bernard
Gifford.

New coaches, and hopefully NO FAVORITES. Wouldn't it be awesome if the had to earn it?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Yeah, other than people who have no idea how to pronounce his name, who wouldn’t be happy?

Already better than Crawford.

Didn’t the Giants draft a player with the same name several years ago? Any relation?

Yes, the Giants drafted his brother in the third round in 2015. But the guy the Cowboys got is a much better prospect.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
This guy is part of the 3rd round I was generally unhappy with, although he was the best of our 3rd round picks. He's a little undersized so I hope he has a big chip on his shoulder. We'll see how it goes.

cds99

Reaction score
Brothers. There's a good article about it out there. Owa suffered from depression and injuries and is now out of the league. Osa seems to have learned a great deal from his brothers experience

Yes the article is a good read. His brothers "incident" happened in the town I grew up in. Very scary for real moments back in 2002 when it happened. I'm most definitely hoping it works out for our draft pick.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted yes, because they needed a DT. But my answer is really...wait and see...
Yes 60% to no 40% is more like it.
But more I read the more I like it.

quickccc

Reaction score
I like what he brings to the table. Former wrestler, versatility to play 3T, DE, and even 1T if needed, and he's quick. He's what I think we wanted Tyrone Crawford to be.

And being a renown ex-wrestler, Osa should know something about using and gaining leverage. I hate the comparison to Crawford as he wasn’t near as effective vs run
as some like to make him out to be and surely hope Osa is not asked to play the edge end that Tyrone was asked to do for so long.

- But from what I've observed, playing the interior, Osa has surprisingly terrific lower body power, gets out of his stance quickly, uses his octopus long arms and hands
to fend off blockers- doesn’t let them get into his chest and knows how to anchor and keep position. He plays stronger than his 280 pounds.

- I haven’t seen wow pass rush skills that would make him an ideal 3 tech, but since I’ve heard Quinn wants some 3-4 looks, that automatically told me that the Osa selection was all about the run defense
and scheme-fit. Even if I thought he, like Gholston, was drafted a round too early

- But its’ clear that among the DL unit, Osa, Gholston and Bohanna were drafted to immediately and immensely improve the run defense.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And being a renown ex-wrestler, Osa should know something about using and gaining leverage. I hate the comparison to Crawford as he wasn’t near as effective vs run
as some like to make him out to be and surely hope Osa is not asked to play the edge end that Tyrone was asked to do for so long.

- But from what I've observed, playing the interior, Osa has surprisingly terrific lower body power, gets out of his stance quickly, uses his octopus long arms and hands
to fend off blockers- doesn’t let them get into his chest and knows how to anchor and keep position. He plays stronger than his 280 pounds.

- I haven’t seen wow pass rush skills that would make him an ideal 3 tech, but since I’ve heard Quinn wants some 3-4 looks, that automatically told me that the Osa selection was all about the run defense
and scheme-fit. Even if I thought he, like Gholston, was drafted a round too early

- But its’ clear that among the DL unit, Osa, Gholston and Bohanna were drafted to immediately and immensely improve the run defense.

Well, we certainly need to improve our run D, and Osa is certainly capable of it. He certainly is good with leverage.

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah, other than people who have no idea how to pronounce his name, who wouldn’t be happy?

Already better than Crawford.

Didn’t the Giants draft a player with the same name several years ago? Any relation?
We gotta get a nickname
He will be up for a contract before I learn to say or spell his name

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No problem with this pick. There were other players I like more but I do like think he is a good player.

I just wish we knew more about the injuries teams know about prior to the draft. I hate when you like a player and he is falling and that you want the team to pick him but later you find out their are medical concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.