CZ POLL Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting WR CeeDee Lamb with the 17th pick?

Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting WR CeeDee Lamb with the 17th pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Oh, so you are just guessing the kid might turn into a prima donna.
No history of off field stuff, just your "perception" of the kid. Got it.
So, you're rooting against him. Nice.
I thought maybe he called you a cracker, or something.
But no, let's just crap all over the kid, the team, everything.

Well, seein how my first impression of you in this thread was that you were easily set-off, and it makes sense not supply you with any additional sparks to incite your flame?

Hopefully, I'll just bat .500 on my first impressions when all is said and done.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I simply asked you to share what you've heard, or your perception.
So far, you've given no reason for not liking the kid in some way.

At the moment, you sound as if you don't like him for absolutely no reason at all.
I believe he's just making a judgement on a gut feeling. Maybe he knows someone who speaks the same way, or has a similar look, or whatever. I don't get the same feeling. He seems like a very good, humble kid to me. But not everyone sees people the same way. I asked what he saw to give him the opinion he has, but it's entirely possible he's only seen the same interview I saw, and came away with a different opinion.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Well, seein how my first impression of you in this thread was that you were easily set-off, and it makes sense not supply you with any additional sparks to incite your flame?

Hopefully, I'll just bat .500 on my first impressions when all is said and done.

I asked you to elaborate on your coy comments about a young player.
People afraid to come out and say what they mean are seen as weak minded cowards.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I believe he's just making a judgement on a gut feeling. Maybe he knows someone who speaks the same way, or has a similar look, or whatever. I don't get the same feeling. He seems like a very good, humble kid to me. But not everyone sees people the same way. I asked what he saw to give him the opinion he has, but it's entirely possible he's only seen the same interview I saw, and came away with a different opinion.

Seems like that guy is just bored and looking for a fight.

Pretty crappy thing to do... getting on a board where the vast majority
are happy with a player, and the draft in general, and try to be the dark cloud.
But hey, there's always one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Seems like that guy is just bored and looking for a fight.

Pretty crappy thing to do... getting on a board where the vast majority
are happy with a player, and the draft in general, and try to be the dark cloud.
But hey, there's always one.
Well, it's possible he really feels that way, but regardless, I don't think he's down on Lamb as a player. Maybe he's just trying to temper his own expectations.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Well, it's possible he really feels that way, but regardless, I don't think he's down on Lamb as a player. Maybe he's just trying to temper his own expectations.

You're right.
I wasn't trying to change his mind.
I was trying to understand where he's coming from.

He could've said, "I just don't like the way he looks" and
that would've answered my question. People got their
panties in a bunch over the kid taking his phone back
from his girlfriend.

Oh well, gotta get back to work.
Good talk, Run. I'll catch up with you later on the board.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I never thought I would say it, but I'm happy with every pick.

After seeing all the projects and prayers over the years, this draft class is solid. You don't have the annual bargain-bin injury player and you don't have the semi-annual superathlete who can't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.