CZ POLL Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting WR CeeDee Lamb with the 17th pick?

Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting WR CeeDee Lamb with the 17th pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

_sturt_

Reaction score
huh? no, it's really not a thing.
people are really completely making things up now, huh?

It's a perception. So, it is a thing. It might be an inaccurate perception due to small sample size. We're about to find out something about first impressions, though, so bookmark this one.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Trading back for additional picks isn't something I invented. :facepalm:

Strengthening strengths works at some positions and not others. For example, if KC added Joe Burrow they strengthened their QB position but unless Mahomes goes down, that move doesn't improve the team. Lamb is going to have to have a hell of year to improve this offense b/c he's replacing a guy who had over 850 yards receiving in the slot. If you think stacking WRs works in the NFL, show me where.

lol. yes obviously team use one QB.
they use 3+ WRs every single game. McCarthy used 3 WRs in 90% of his plays in GB.
comparing QB and WR is asbolutely pointless.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
It's a perception. So, it is a thing. It might be an inaccurate perception due to small sample size. We're about to find out something about first impressions, though, so bookmark this one.

lol it's not a thing outside of one person on a message board. it's not a thing to any one i've seen who knows /evaluated him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol. yes obviously team use one QB.
they use 3+ WRs every single game. McCarthy used 3 WRs in 90% of his plays in GB.
comparing QB and WR is asbolutely pointless.

Were 8-8 with 3 WRs having great years. Again, show me what team trots out 3 1k yard WRs.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Watching Lamb highlights shows me without a shadow of a doubt that Texas had some horrendous tackling.

Like, really bad.

_sturt_

Reaction score
lol it's not a thing outside of one person on a message board. it's not a thing to any one i've seen who knows /evaluated him.

I'm sure it is true that it's not a thing to anyone you've seen.

I wouldn't be too confident, just based on the sheer number of fans that there are, if nothing else, that it's a thing only to one of them.

But for the sake of argument, let's say you're right. It's just me. So, if it's just one person, why does it seem to be important to you to shout one person down? That suggests (a) it really bugs you, and (b) you might be a relative.

Regardless, if it turns out he does enjoy some significant success and he's not a prima donna through it all, feel free to bookmark this conversation and subject me to the.... *duh-duh-duuuuuuuuuuh*.... Spanish Inquisition...

300px-Spanishinq.jpg

... comfy cusions be damned!!!!!

(hehe)

RoboQB

Reaction score

What do you mean?
Come out and say it.
I haven't heard of any off field concerns, perceptions or bad first impressions.
Please elaborate on what you're trying to say.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Um. @RoboQB , there's a difference between (a) offering one's personal perception and (b) trying to convince others that one's personal perception is, indeed, accurate.

I'm not doing B. That may upset you. But I'm completely okay with not trying to sell others on my perception. There is wisdom in not being overly-self-persuaded that one's first impressions are, in fact, accurate.

I did do A. And there's nothing wrong with that. You know what they say about opinions and anuses.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Um. @RoboQB , there's a difference between (a) offering one's personal perception and (b) trying to convince others that one's personal perception is, indeed, accurate.

I'm not doing B. That may upset you. But I'm completely okay with not trying to sell others on my perception. There is wisdom in not being overly-self-persuaded that one's first impressions are, in fact, accurate.

I did do A. And there's nothing wrong with that. You know what they say about opinions and anuses.

I simply asked you to share what you've heard, or your perception.
So far, you've given no reason for not liking the kid in some way.

At the moment, you sound as if you don't like him for absolutely no reason at all.

RoboQB

Reaction score
huh? no, it's really not a thing.
people are really completely making things up now, huh?

Can you enlighten me on what Mr. Perception is talking about?
Apparently, he's far too smart to answer any questions... smh.

bdk76

Reaction score
Were 8-8 with 3 WRs having great years. Again, show me what team trots out 3 1k yard WRs.

It's not about stats. Cobb was an afterthought for DC's. Lamb will open up more opportunities for Coop, Gallup and Zeke because DC's will have to respect his game. He instantly changes this offense for the better!

_sturt_

Reaction score
I simply asked you to share what you've heard, or your perception.
So far, you've given no reason for not liking the kid in some way.

Yes. And I haven't shared, that's true. I have no need. I'm not trying to convince anyone to see it my way.

I would only amend your words to say it seems important to you to morph "if this person becomes successful, it's easy to envision him becoming a prima donna" into "I don't like him." Those are not the same thing.

And so, regardless, if you want to disregard/dismiss my first perception as being inaccurate or misguided, I'm fine with that. Makes no difference to me.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Yes. And I haven't shared, that's true. I have no need. I'm not trying to convince anyone to see it my way.

I would only amend your words to say it seems important to you to morph "if this person becomes successful, it's easy to envision him becoming a prima donna" into "I don't like him." Those are not the same thing.

And so, regardless, if you want to disregard/dismiss my first perception as being inaccurate or misguided, I'm fine with that. Makes no difference to me.

Oh, so you are just guessing the kid might turn into a prima donna.
No history of off field stuff, just your "perception" of the kid. Got it.
So, you're rooting against him. Nice.
I thought maybe he called you a cracker, or something.
But no, let's just crap all over the kid, the team, everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.