Are you hopeful for the future?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jwooten15, Jan 16, 2022.

1. jwooten15

jwooten15 Well-Known Member

11,562 Messages
    27,534 Likes Received
    Is there any part of this team that gives you hope that they’ll achieve true success, as currently constructed? Not an individual or a specific unit on the team. But from a team perspective, what is there to cling to?

In the next 5 years, do you have any amount of hope that they’ll find a way to win when it matters?

If so, please tell me what helps you find optimism… these season enders are tough to swallow.

2. Reality

Reality Admin

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    27,501 Messages
    57,386 Likes Received
    I am an eternal optimist but I am also very much a realist (hence the username) and for me to ever get truly optimistic about the next season requires major changes in personnel, with coaches and/or players.

It will take some big moves for my optimism to shift for next season, at least right now.

If they follow the Garrett mantra of "we like our guys, we just need to play better" then it will be yet another season that ends with Cowboys fans watching other teams in the playoffs while waiting to watch two other teams in the Super Bowl.

3. BoyzBlaster

BoyzBlaster Well-Known Member

737 Messages
    918 Likes Received
    With a $140 mattress salesman sucking up the cap, an imbecile head coach, and a senile owner it's hard to have much hope. Really the only hope is that through dumb luck we hit on defensive players in the draft and win in spite of the losers i mentioned above.

bsbellomy, 9darter, PAPPYDOG and 9 others like this.
  4. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

515 Messages
    809 Likes Received

The Culture, in Dallas, continues to struggle. I predicted the Cowboys would lose because how many times have we seen this? Blame Garrett, then blame Linehan, then blame Moore and McCarthy. Is it coaching? Blame Romo and now blame Dak. Is it the QB?

The OL was suppose to be the strength and it turned out to be a BIG weakness. This team couldn't run the ball the majority of the season. Season after season we keep hearing " there is so much talent on this team". For decades and his team still can't get playoff success.

But hey, to try to cover up another failed season, look at the personal stats, which again doesn't lead to playoff success.

What is the only constant through all this? The GM and he continues to believe he can lead the franchise to a Superbowl post Jimmy Johnson. And Jerry said he was going to put Jimmy into the Cowboys Ring of Honor and never did.
    Pride continues to destroy this franchise and fans will continue to be fooled but as long as Jerry keeps selling jerseys, get max primetime games, all is good.

So, Dallas will again have success in a weak NFC East and again, give the fanatics another season of false hope.

Trajan, 9of11, pitt33 and 6 others like this.
  5. JJHLH1

JJHLH1 Well-Known Member

5,614 Messages
    12,961 Likes Received
    Nope.

We won’t win a Super Bowl anytime I can see.

It is so hard to do even with a more talented team, but add leading the league in penalties and the task becomes almost impossible.

6. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

14,725 Messages
    16,690 Likes Received
    Get a new OC, draft OL, and RB and we have a chance. Our interior OL is average at best and our starting RB is too slow to get majority of snaps. The inexperience at OC was very noticeable against better DCs once they had tape on his offense in the second part of the season.

7. J12B

J12B Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    5,155 Messages
    15,879 Likes Received
    No.

Losing today is a major disappointment and is a reflection that this team is missing a couple of pieces and the coaching is average at best.

9of11, jwooten15 and EJK24 like this.
  8. TheDuke

TheDuke How 'Bout Dem Cowboys

3,664 Messages
    2,383 Likes Received
    Why don’t you feature this too?

jwooten15 and Reality like this.
  9. 3rdEyewarrior

3rdEyewarrior Well-Known Member

2,584 Messages
    1,912 Likes Received
    No because dak has already peaked. He can’t process fast enough and his arm Strength is average.

morat1959, jwooten15, gmb1 and 2 others like this.
  10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

63,247 Messages
    74,907 Likes Received
    Good gosh no.

This was our best chance. Things don’t get any easier with Dak’s contract and we still got another year of Zeke.

11. Wezsh0T

Wezsh0T Well-Known Member

4,251 Messages
    3,134 Likes Received
    I think this was the year. I don't know how you rebuild from this. We're going to lose a lot of FA and coaches and key players are aging out with large contracts.

12. 3rdEyewarrior

2,584 Messages
    1,912 Likes Received
    Also we do t want run stopping d ts. We draft d ends impersonating dts because it’s all about the pass rush. Those guys are never dominant run stoppers unless they’re Suh.

13. TNCowboy

TNCowboy Double Trouble

9,586 Messages
    1,737 Likes Received
    As long as the Jones family is running the show, there is no hope for the Dallas Cowboys.

14. MysteryIceGuro

MysteryIceGuro Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    13,324 Likes Received
    Nope. Not a lick of hope for this organization. Over the cap, aging team with low IQ players. Not much to look forward too. Fans are better off finding a hobby on Sunday afternoons than to watch the coming seasons.

pasando, Dalmations202 and jwooten15 like this.
  15. pacy

pacy 82 WITTEN 82

1,836 Messages
    2,558 Likes Received
    Not a question to ask right after a devestating loss. People are to emotional right now.

J12B likes this.
  16. 3rdEyewarrior

2,584 Messages
    1,912 Likes Received
    Zekes elite when healthy. Dak set the team back asking for 40 million. He needs more help than most.

Legend likes this.
  17. TheHerd

TheHerd Well-Known Member

9,530 Messages
    10,349 Likes Received
    NFCE success? Absolutely. One and done for the foreseeable future. Unless Philly comes to their senses and promotes Minshew to starter. Then we’re outside looking in United they examine the playoff field.

jwooten15 likes this.
  18. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

17,891 Messages
    17,315 Likes Received
    nope not hopeful, they are gonna fire MM .

and we might get KMoron for a decade .

Romofan15 likes this.
  19. 3rdEyewarrior

2,584 Messages
    1,912 Likes Received
    I’d draft a replacement for Gregory. I’d lower Lawrence’s salary. He’s really good but not worth more than 14 million.

20. droopdog7

droopdog7 Well-Known Member

4,939 Messages
    3,865 Likes Received
    It’s the nfl; present is the only thing that matters.