Are you still a Garrett supporter?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was until very recently. But I'm out on him.
I thought he got hit too hard by fans for years.
After yesterday, and the complete lack of adjusting to what Atlanta was throwing at us, I cannot defend it anymore. He's average at the very best, and I don't see how we could go on a playoff run with him at the helm.

I think that your feelings echo those of a lot of diehard Cowboys fans. They wanted to believe that Garrett was the next Tom Landry.

But the longer things go, the more he looks like the next Dave Campo.

A guy in over his head.

pitt33

Reaction score
I have said for years that the guy brings nothing to the table on gameday. I think that he is sound from a philosophy and atmosphere standpoint but Xs and 0s as well as game management...terrible.

I would be all for changing to someone like a Jon Gruden.
C'mon dude not Gruden.

He won the Super Bowl with the team that Tony Dungy built. He got canned from Tampa not long after that.

And besides, he's been out of coaching too long.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing worse than stubborn SOB's that send the vibe that they feel they're the smartest person in the room. Just because his friends and colleagues (like Aikman) feel he can do anything doesn't mean he can.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Never was... though I have to admit that at some point i started believing in him... not anymore.. i want him GONE

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
Hostile promised us the next Landry. :muttley:

Of course not. He's terrible.

I'm consistent too. I've said this during our good seasons that he offers nothing on Sunday.

At best he gets the job done Mon-Saturday but Sundays he never has and never will offer anything.

LOL so true

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If an affable, winning coach might be found who could get along with Jerry, yet be a tough disciplinarian and creative innovator, I'd be giddy to climb aboard the bandwagon. It'd be a rare bird who'd be capable of all that but if one turned up, I'd view him as a miraculous savior.

Last edited:

wilfred

Reaction score
tenor.gif

Garrett has had his time, and we are moving into another group of new players and it looks like the same ol cowboys. I would really like to get a young fresh offensive minded coach. All these old coaches just get rotated and know each other's tired old game plans, Garrett might have one of the lamest plans.

Ken

Reaction score
C'mon dude not Gruden.

He won the Super Bowl with the team that Tony Dungy built. He got canned from Tampa not long after that.

And besides, he's been out of coaching too long.
He also took the Raiders to the AFC Championship game. And who cares who built the team, Gruden got the job done. He wouldn't be building this team either, FYI.

He would coach circles around Garrett. He has been what this team has needed for a long time. Being out of coaching never hurt guys like Parcells and Gruden is still young.

lwehlers

Reaction score
never have been a supporter of garrett. the guy is clown and does not know to coach a winning football team. I also agree with the poster who said that this team should be 8-1 or at worst 7-2 if we had a real football coach who know how to adjust to what is happening during the game.

rpntex

Reaction score
Same, but I'm higher than 50/50. Fans only see a fraction of what goes into being a HC and its just like the QB position. Too much credit when things go right and too much blame when things go wrong.

At the end of the day, posters have to admit the team has improved dramatically since Garrett became HC. A lot of that is because of guys like Will McClay, but its still a fact.

I’m with you, Kaiser. Not that I wasn’t unhappy with yesterday‘s performance, But I’m realistic enough to know that Dallas was just missing three key players… It was actually four pro bowlers. I just don’t think very many coaches could be successful if you took four players of that level off their roster.

So, yeah, I’m still in Garrett’s camp.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Never have been a fan.
Dont like his smugness.
Don't like his playbook
Don't like his inability to adjust.
He either bends over or gets bent over.....result is the same....

Zman5

Reaction score
Saying you want JG because you don't know if the new coach will be any better is a loser way of thinking.
There was no guarantee that McVay would have done better than Fischer. There was no guarantee that Pederson would have done better than Chippy boy. Chip actually had a winning record. But those two teams took a chance because they knew the old coach wasn't going to take them anywhere.

JG has been here 7 years as a HC and it's obvious he isn't and will not get it done unless he has everything going right for him (good players, no injuries etc.). Best chance he had to do something was 2014 and last year when all the stars aligned for him. Yet, he still couldn't do it. It's time for a change.

Reaction score
flat-footed Garrett will most likely be saved again, this time by the Zeke ordeal. That's the going rate in Cowboy-land the past 7 roller coaster years. We're just along for the ride.....