Are You Watching The Oscars Tonight?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It's prolly gonna depend on which bottle I'll be pulling glugs from around then,,, &,,, just exactly how much I'll be getting paid( cash,in advance) to do so,,,o_O

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No.

The Oscars seem to have become a celebration of "artsy fartsy" movies where all segments of society have to be represented.

Movies like "Silence Of The Lambs", "Platoon", "Patton" and "One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest" would never be nominated for best picture today.

Today we get best films like "Slumdog".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I haven't seen enough of the films to have an interest. And the eventual winner has seldom been my favorite of the nominees and I have watched one after it won and wondered 'how in the hell did this win'? When "Shakespeare in Love" won over "Saving Private Ryan" and "Thin Red Line", I watched it and was perplexed. This pap beat out two of the most socially conscious films ever made and one taken from the definitive anti war novel of all time. I thought Hollywood was all about that social consciousness?

All awards shows escape me because who cares about the opinion of others if you like a film, music, play or TV show?

I don't get the competition with art. The Grammy's, Oscars and any other award show pitting art against art are a waste of time to me. Is there anything more subjective?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No, I haven't seen enough of the films to have an interest. And the eventual winner has seldom been my favorite of the nominees and I have watched one after it won and wondered 'how in the hell did this win'? When "Shakespeare in Love" won over "Saving Private Ryan" and "Thin Red Line", I watched it and was perplexed. This pap beat out two of the most socially conscious films ever made and one taken from the definitive anti war novel of all time. I thought Hollywood was all about that social consciousness?

All awards shows escape me because who cares about the opinion of others if you like a film, music, play or TV show?

I don't get the competition with art. The Grammy's, Oscars and any other award show pitting art against art are a waste of time to me. Is there anything more subjective?
Actors/Actreses are some of the smartest people in the world.

Sammy

Reaction score
Nope gave up awards shows years ago. Besides, they don't even have a host for this one. Thank gawd I have some DVDs from the library to watch instead.

timb2

Reaction score
With no moderator ,will these actresses and actors leave the stage if they receive an award? "I want to thank the cast ,the crew,the director,my wife and my husband, and the people who live in on the South Pole and live under the sea,and of course Harvey Weinstein where my career never would have not taken off unless he drugged me and had his way,etc.etc.etc.

timb2

Reaction score
Do u watch it for the stars or the rituals? Just curious...:D
The rituals of course.... I can't wait for some doofus actor/actress wants to lecture all of us unenlightened people in fly over country,of how they are so much better than all of us. Especially after they just had their 20th facelift operation and just got out of drug rehab for the zillionth time. That is the fun of it!!!