Areas of Expertise

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
I am in computer repair, computer network systems, and securing both computers and their networks.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2303080 said:
I'm a hacker

you know those funny Nigerian emails you get?

yeah, that was me

you mean "us". how dare you try to take all the credit for my designs?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2556749 said:
Defeating evil and making love to beautiful Russian spies.

I did not know WG was a Russian spy.

<runs away before WG throws something in my direction>

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2556772 said:
I did not know WG was a Russian spy.

<runs away before WG throws something in my direction>

Someday, my friend. Someday.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2556778 said:
Someday, my friend. Someday.

I imagine if she reads this she will also be listening to her ipod and the old My Love (you're never going to get it) song by En Vogue.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iRoot4Losers;2556786 said:
I advise WG not to have a drink with bbgun

he might slip her a mickey

I don't think having spagnola show up would work.

Maybe Ruth Buzzie.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
I spent 4 yrs as a Subject Matter Expert for the Intel (ESG) Enterprise Server Group. And have extensive experience on a multitude of hardware and peripheral solutions including video, sound, printers, scanners, etc.

However.... Laptop servicing in some area's are not my forte' and I have a problem. I have a Toshiba Satellite A215. A couple of months ago I knocked over a full glass of wine onto the keyboard and it shut off (damn that Tony Romo) .. anyway. I immediately removed the battery and laid the laptop upside down and open on the keyboard at a forward angle over a towel on the table. I left it there til the next morning. It seemed dry and didn't leak anywhere and the towel was damp. I put the battery back in and the system came right up. Now, the laptop has worked fine but I have noticed a few keys sticking before the system warms up when started. The only place in town that is a certified Toshiba repair center is the STAPLES store. The idiots they hired after I left couldn't give a dog a bath without drowning it. Does anyone know how difficult it is to get to the underside of the keys to clean them without damage? I need to get to and under the membrane and I probably need to clean the board as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

dback

Reaction score
I am a graduate student at Texas Tech right now, doing computational semiconductor research. While an undergrad, I worked for a computer company that serviced small businesses (servers,desktops,yada,yada). Now I do mostly computer clustering. Our research group has a small cluster of 46 processors. We use nothing but Linux, so it is not too bad.

We do currently have one machine (about to add 3 more) with 16 processors inside (4 x Quad core AMD barcelona's). It runs nicely.

While working in Windows, I never really appreciated programs that were compiled with optimizations. Now that we run simulations and stuff, we spend a lot of time optimizing subroutines and stuff like that. You wouldn't believe how much Fortran 77 is still out there in the Math/Science/Physics world.