Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul, Has Died at Age 76

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
She's was the queen of her soul. I guess that's what that means. Myself never listened to her music, not my thing. But she gained alot of people's respect.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
She's was the queen of her soul. I guess that's what that means. Myself never listened to her music, not my thing. But she gained alot of people's respect.
No, that's not what that means. Lol. I refuse to believe you don't know what Soul music is. James Brown, Ray Charles, Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding, Al Green.....If you aren't familiar with any of this, you're missing out on some amazing music that touches the SOUL.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
No, that's not what that means. Lol. I refuse to believe you don't know what Soul music is. James Brown, Ray Charles, Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding, Al Green.....If you aren't familiar with any of this, you're missing out on some amazing music that touches the SOUL.

I know what it means. Duh. But her soul was the one doing the singing. As for amazing music, I get my soul from the rock n roll or a combination of that. The Doors, Janes Addiction, The Cult, The Cure, Smashing Pumpkins, Jimi Hendrix, Tones on Tail (now with Poptone), Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know what it means. Duh. But her soul was the one doing the singing. As for amazing music, I get my soul from the rock n roll or a combination of that. The Doors, Janes Addiction, The Cult, The Cure, Smashing Pumpkins, Jimi Hendrix, Tones on Tail (now with Poptone), Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc
As I said, I refuse to believe you don't know what Soul music is. If you don't care for it, that's your choice. Now Jimi had soul! While it wasn't technically Soul music, his blues were filled with soul!
:thumbup:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
As I said, I refuse to believe you don't know what Soul music is. If you don't care for it, that's your choice. Now Jimi had soul! While it wasn't technically Soul music, his blues were filled with soul!
:thumbup:

I know what the term means for their music. Rock N Roll is soul music. It lifts, moves, and pushes the soul to areas not seen before in music. Since it came from Gospel, R&B, Blues, Country music, etc.