Video: Arian Foster on Dak "I think he lost confidence in his game"

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I don’t know how you come to that. They lost in the first round in 2016 just like they did in 2022 lol.

Yep. The offense started slow in a big game vs a good opponent and Dak had to frantically try and come back. Sound familiar?

The reason it was his best year was for the reasons I already listed:

We ran the ball behind an elite OL.
We controlled the clock.
Dak played within himself and protected the ball

We went 13-3 with that formula— and since then it’s become more and more about Dak as a passer.

But yah— in the playoffs, in a big moment— Dak still went “deer in the headlights.” We just gave him a pass then since he was a rookie and it was his first postseason and the D certainly was compromised

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
It's a team sport when it comes to the playoffs. Everyone is good once there. Not 1 player wins a playoff game outright.

Agree.

The team has sucked in the playoffs. Lots of blame to go around. But let’s not pretend that QB isn’t the most critical position on the team and that Dak hasn’t come up short in big games.

7 points through 3 quarters. At home. Not good enough. Despite all the mistakes, he had the ball in his hands with 2:40 and all 3 TOs with a chance to lead the team to a W. Aaaaaand turnover on downs. Need more from #4… and I’m sick of him getting a free pass from some people.

I don’t hate the guy… but he is part of the problem right now.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I've still not recovered from the playoff loss, it's really knocked the stuffing out of me in terms of my confidence this team can go all the way. While the loss does not solely sit on Dak's shoulders, it's his performance that has taken away my positivity as I just don't think he's good enough to carry this team consistently.

I don't think Dak is the best QB in the league, he's also far from being the worst. I also don't think he just average, he's better than that - he's a good QB, in my opinion borderline top 10.

There's a couple of issues for me;

Dak's contract needs him to be top 5. He's paid elite money and it's simply a result of the cap era that will weaken other areas of the team with less cash to spend. He can't carry this team and he doesn't elevate players around him. That's ok with a well rounded roster but his contract stops that happening. Not his fault, he didn't write the contract but it is what it is.

The 2nd reason and for me, the biggest reason is his patchy play over a season. Dak can look elite for a run of games, it happened this year but it doesn't last and he has a down game or 2, then maybe back to looking great. Those down games don't always happen against the best teams in the league so I'll not push that opinion but there is more evidence that not over 6 years that the better teams can bottle him up and he fails to rise to elite status. Now Dak can win against the best teams, we've seen it before but my problem........and I mean biggest issue I have is I simply cannot see him string together 3 top-tier performances in the playoffs against the best teams in the league.

I think we can win well with Dak, I think we can finish 12-5 again, Dak is not a bad QB but he's not elite and we can't overcome the cap hit he brings.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Huh?

Dak was just back to what he always has been starting with Denver.

The QB we saw to start the season was not the QB we’re used to seeing.

Daks a good solid player but he’s nothing special. He’s also terrible value.

Point is Dak has been in the league a while now. Teams have plenty of tape. So the theory that for some reason teams had no idea how to play him in the beginning of the year and somehow just figured it out after 7 games in the 2021 season doesn't make sense.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Point is Dak has been in the league a while now. Teams have plenty of tape. So the theory that for some reason teams had no idea how to play him in the beginning of the year and somehow just figured it out after 7 games in the 2021 season doesn't make sense.
Unless you blame Dak for everything, nothing will make sense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep. The offense started slow in a big game vs a good opponent and Dak had to frantically try and come back. Sound familiar?

The reason it was his best year was for the reasons I already listed:

We ran the ball behind an elite OL.
We controlled the clock.
Dak played within himself and protected the ball

We went 13-3 with that formula— and since then it’s become more and more about Dak as a passer.

But yah— in the playoffs, in a big moment— Dak still went “deer in the headlights.” We just gave him a pass then since he was a rookie and it was his first postseason and the D certainly was compromised
I didn’t get deer in headlights in the GB playoff game. I’d argue he outplayed Rodgers that game. Hell I’d argue he’s outplayed every single quarterback he’s played in every playoff game.

I think every single team would love to play like the Cowboys did with Romo in 2014 or with Dak in 2016 but then days are long gone.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Agree.

The team has sucked in the playoffs. Lots of blame to go around. But let’s not pretend that QB isn’t the most critical position on the team and that Dak hasn’t come up short in big games.

7 points through 3 quarters. At home. Not good enough. Despite all the mistakes, he had the ball in his hands with 2:40 and all 3 TOs with a chance to lead the team to a W. Aaaaaand turnover on downs. Need more from #4… and I’m sick of him getting a free pass from some people.

I just looked this stat up but in the regular season Daks completion percentage is 66% for his career, in the playoffs for his career it's drops to 61%. That's a good drop, meanwhile, the other Qbs in the playoffs either saw improvement in their completion percentage or a slight decrease but not 5%

elcowboi

Reaction score
It doesn't take a former NFL player to see this.

The dude can't handle pressure. It was easy when you were the 4th round pick, feel good story, that was overachieving.

Now you're paid, expected to be great, and expected to lead your team places. When you don't you're going to get criticized much more for it because of your contract.

His skills can't back up everyones expectations for him. He knows this.

And I blame Jerry. He signs off on this. Why is there not more disdain for Jerry? We could bring in the best QB and Jerry will just find a way to screw that player up. He finds a way to screw up everything. Every year this player or that player is the worse and he should be let go. As long as Jerry is in charge we will continue to have these conversations every single year.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No offense but didn’t you say Dak is better than Mahomes?

Now Aaron’s Rodgers, the league MVP, is overrated? This is kind of ridiculous.
I said I would take Prescott over Mahomes. You chose to say the word better

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

No what is ridiculous, out of six years in the playoffs he only won one game. That’s ridiculous. For someone who is supposed to be so highly rated

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Just look at the people that agree with you, that should tell you everything. Don’t you feel embarrassed. Come on you’re smarter than this aren’t you. Your disapproval of Prescott is destroying your ability to reason

blueblood70

Reaction score

he lost confidence in his Teamates ie ol, wrs, tes, and coaching"

fixed it! of course a player trying to overcome playing behind the sticks all the time, no run game, and being bullied by 4 man rush with max coverage will get in a player's head.

these dak hate threads and both Romo and dak so underappreciated and hated on without mentioning other player ie team concept and coaching issues that created these droughts in the payoffs. Was obviously not dak fault we lost this game hes played well in his other 3 game like great and we still lost 2 of them much like Allen couldn't have played better why is hes at home, his defense and late coaching clock decisions, thats why,

its a Team game we need the defense, OL, coaching all to come together for oncer to win.

the blaming the qb is popular, blaming players with big contracts even mor popular but rolling with the popular opinion is what fans around the sports world BLEIVRE makes them look cool agreeing with sports idiots.

its not cool and its an ignorant take this isnt track and field nor individual sports or even basketball, its tough TEAM sport and weve seen over the last decade or so good qbs waste their careers here for many reasons outside their own play.

no dak didnt play great because he couldn't overcome 14 penalties, ol provided no holes for the run game, when they weren't holding daks running for his life with 4 man rush! ,. play calls were suspect and defense whole they figured it out in the second half were allowing 4 straight scores in the first and then jump offsides 3 times in the 2nd half to extend drives and allow the 93ers to eat more cock.

somehow that is all on dak because he cant play an uneven game of 1sts and 20 most of the game? have bigger plays called back over penalties or play another positions,

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

So the MVP loses in the first round of the playoffs. I think that’s way worse than Prescott losing in the first round. Period

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So the MVP loses in the first round of the playoffs. I think that’s way worse than Prescott losing in the first round. Period

Rodgers gets deep into the playoffs nearly every year and his team really isn’t that good outside of he and Adams.

Plus, he already has a Super Bowl. Also, if you watch him it’s clear he’s absolutely incredible at what he does.

Rodgers has nothing to prove. He’s done it all.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Agree.

What big games has Dak come up short? The team led the league in penalties. How many drives were killed, thud points left on the field, because of O penalties? Have you thought about that?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
What big games has Dak come up short? The team led the league in penalties. How many drives were killed, thud points left on the field, because of O penalties? Have you thought about that?

He is 1-3 in the playoffs. He just came up short again vs SF.

Despite all the penalties— he had the ball in his hands at midfield down 6 points with 2:40 to play and all 3 TOs. Result? Turnover on downs.

No one else to blame but himself. He doesn’t deliver when we need him to. When we need a QB to make a play in the playoffs— he disappears. Have you thought about that?

Tired of the excuses for him. He is at home and a chance to win— he let the team down. And it’s not the first time

Last edited:

jwitten82

Reaction score
Daks completion percentage drops 5% in the playoffs for his career, none of the other Qbs have that type of dropoff

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He is 1-4 in the playoffs. He just came up short again vs SF.

Despite all the penalties— he had the ball in his hands at midfield down 6 points with 2:40 to play and all 3 TOs. Result? Turnover on downs.

No one else to blame but himself. He doesn’t deliver when we need him to. When we need a QB to make a play in the playoffs— he disappears. Have you thought about that?

Tired of the excuses for him. He is at home and a chance to win— he let the team down. And it’s not the first time
Really? Are you that mental? Did you forget he was outstanding the previous 3 playoff games? You literally have to lie to subconsciously be able to spew your hate? Do you know how ridiculous you sound? Go look at his other 3 playoff games stats, QBRs and passer ratings. They are very good. The only one Dak fell short on was this last one vs the 49ers. Then again, the whole team and coaching staff came up way short, but you only see Dak as the one to blame. Absolutely ridiculous and cowardly.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Really? Are you that mental? Did you forget he was outstanding the previous 3 playoff games? You literally have to lie to subconsciously be able to spew your hate? Do you know how ridiculous you sound? Go look at his other 3 playoff games stats, QBRs and passer ratings. They are very good. The only one Dak fell short on was this last one vs the 49ers. Then again, the whole team and coaching staff came up way short, but you only see Dak as the one to blame. Absolutely ridiculous and cowardly.

Stop with the personal insults and try and calm down lol… I already said I don’t hate the guy. I have been pulling for him for years— and will continue to do so. I just refuse to live in denial about his limitations.

You bring up his stats from previous playoff games… He has a career 87.9 QBR and 61% comp % in the playoffs, 6 TDs and 3 INTs. You act like these are “all world” stats or something. Those are just average numbers— at best. Unless you care to dispute them somehow.

He also has started the offense slowly in multiple games— at home— vs GB and SF. Falling behind and scrambling to mount a comeback is NOT the recipe for consistent success— and yet it has become a fairly regular occurrence with Dak and Kellen.

Fix the OL
Get a strong running oriented OL coach
Cut Zeke. Run Pollard. Draft a quality RB.
Control the clock

Do these things, and Dak can be effective. Fail to address them— and we will see more playoff failures from Dak. Sorry if this hurts your feelings.