Ariel Castro pleads not guilty

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just a formality, he will get what he deserves. By pleading not guilty, it means he will go to trial which could turn out better for the prosecutors. If he straight up plead guilty, a plea bargain might be made with less charges.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Denim Chicken;5083960 said:
Unbelievable that what is allowed? Him to plead not guilty and have a fair trial?

Precisely.

There are cases where the term 'fair trial' is more than they deserve.

This is one of those cases.

There is no defense for what he did, .. none.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;5083971 said:
Precisely.

There are cases where the term 'fair trial' is more than they deserve.

This is one of those cases.

There is no defense for what he did, .. none.

Yeah, you're right. We should just arbitrarily execute people without having to prove they did anything. WV, I think you might be more happy living in Saudi Arabia.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Denim Chicken;5083973 said:
Yeah, you're right. We should just arbitrarily execute people without having to prove they did anything. WV, I think you might be more happy living in Saudi Arabia.

arbitrarily execute people ??

without having to prove they did anything ??

Surely you can't be serious?
Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds in this case?

First off, I never said execute, .. and secondly, what more proof do you need?

I love how law works, but in this case, let's use some common sense please.

This should either be life without parole or capital punishment.

Not, .. "I plead not guilty."

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I think it's pretty obvious that this guy needs to rot in a cell for the rest of his life, but then again I'm only privy to the information provided on television. Even still this seems to be a slam dunk for prosecutors.

But, hey, you never know what may be revealed by a trial.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;5083981 said:
arbitrarily execute people ??

without having to prove they did anything ??

Surely you can't be serious?
Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds in this case?

First off, I never said execute, .. and secondly, what more proof do you need?

I love how law works, but in this case, let's use some common sense please.

This should either be life without parole or capital punishment.

Not, .. "I plead not guilty."

You have to give everyone a chase to defend themselves; you can't pick and choose.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Denim Chicken;5083989 said:
You have to give everyone a chase to defend themselves; you can't pick and choose.

Bingo.

While, he is undoubtedly guilty, it's pretty dumb not to give everyone a fair trial.

If all the evidence is there, there should be no problem in getting a conviction.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Denim Chicken;5083989 said:

I hear what you are saying, I know what you are saying, .. you are not hearing what I am saying.

This case defies all logic. We do not need a trial, we do not need a plea.

This guy deserves nothing, it is all a waste of time and a joke.

99.9 % of the time I am with you, but that is my point, .. there are times we just need to act because we already know.

There is no doubt here, nothing that needs proven, .. we know.

His actions were horrendous, unfathonable, cruel and inhumane.

He sacrificed his "rights".

But I know this is just my opinion.

I wish someone would abduct him and brutalize and rape him for 10-11 years. He is such a coward, he could not endure what those 3 girls did. He could not do it.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Unbelievable that what is allowed? Him to plead not guilty and have a fair trial?

always someone around to defend the indefensible.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

Heaven forbid.

I believe some think a not guilty plea means he is saying he didn't do it when all it is saying to the govt is prove I did it on the requisite standard of criminal proof.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;5083993 said:
I hear what you are saying, I know what you are saying, .. you are not hearing what I am saying.

This case defies all logic. We do not need a trial, we do not need a plea.

This guy deserves nothing, it is all a waste of time and a joke.

99.9 % of the time I am with you, but that is my point, .. there are times we just need to act because we already know.

There is no doubt here, nothing that needs proven, .. we know.

His actions were horrendous, unfathonable, cruel and inhumane.

He sacrificed his "rights".

But I know this is just my opinion.

I wish someone would abduct him and brutalize and rape him for 10-11 years. He is such a coward, he could not endure what those 3 girls did. He could not do it.

You can say that about many crimes. Telling people that this guy shouldn't be allowed to plead not guilty because,,, is a slippery slope. Now if you want to give up your rights, that is fine by me but most people do not.

If you feel that strongly about someone abducting him, why not put your money where your mouth is and do it yourself?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
joseephuss;5084039 said:
No one is defending Castro. Don't make stuff up.

The marine thinks that saying people should have rights and require the govt to prove they did what they are accused of is somehow defending them. It is just living up to the freedoms westerners have.

He seems to fail to understand that rights aren't just for those who deserve them, but for all of us.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I can't believe this is actually being argued. Everyone should have the opportunity at trial to protect the innocent. Changes that need to be made is a speedier trial process and less appeals allowed. Trials should need to start a year from when the charges are made. Trials should only be allowed to last two weeks, none of this 4-6 month crap.

burmafrd

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;5084051 said:
The marine thinks that saying people should have rights and require the govt to prove they did what they are accused of is somehow defending them. It is just living up to the freedoms westerners have.

He seems to fail to understand that rights aren't just for those who deserve them, but for all of us.

You are as usual wrong. But then again you do it so well...

Not surprising that you would whine and cry about a POS like this one. Not surprising at all

burmafrd

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;5084051 said:

Oh and by the way for those like you that worship legal systems

I have this for you

OJ Simpson

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;5084100 said:
You are as usual wrong. But then again you do it so well...

Not surprising that you would whine and cry about a POS like this one. Not surprising at all

How is he wrong?