Signed by Cowboys Armstrong signed. 2yrs 13mil

Sydla

Reaction score
After looking at some comps and what some guys got last year, it looks like we dropped our pants here as well and overpaid.

Which isn't surprising. One, the Cowboys always seem to overpay more often than not. Two, Armstrong's agent knew he had Jerry by the balls after Gregory bolted.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
My "obsession" with Gregory's sack production?

He's a pass rusher not a run defender. What else am I supposed to focus on to make me believe he's talented so you'll feel better?

Armstrong's $13/2 should be applauded based on his 5 sacks.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After looking at some comps and what some guys got last year, it looks like we dropped our pants here as well and overpaid.

Which isn't surprising. One, the Cowboys always seem to overpay more often than not. Two, Armstrong's agent knew he had Jerry by the balls after Gregory bolted.

If you have a GM that thinks Dorance Armstrong has all the leverage you know you're being led by incompetence.

What's he gonna do? Take his 7 career sacks elsewhere?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
If you have a GM that thinks Dorance Armstrong has all the leverage you know you're being led by incompetence.

What's he gonna do? Take his 7 career sacks elsewhere?
I think the Miller contract scared Stephen to death so he had to up the ante

cowboyec

Reaction score
at least we gave money to a de who knows where to line-up on the line of scrimmage...and doesn't tackle the off.tackle.

d_cowboy31

Reaction score
Don't try to find the logic behind it.

You may think, hey....why not take that money and add it to a contract for a real DE like Za'Darius Smith and then just find a backup on Day 3 of the draft to replace a complete schlub like Armstrong but you clearly don't understand team building.

This x1000000. I guarantee they sign some other JAG or washed up player at DE to a similar contract when they could have just combined the money and used it for one good player. They do this all the time and its maddening.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Further proof that no expense is spared if you were drafted by Dallas.