Signed by Cowboys Armstrong signed. 2yrs 13mil

fivetwos

Reaction score
No matter the term there can be "funny business" but yes, not as much usually. It could be incentive laden. So maybe he gets $1m for making the Pro Bowl (like that's happening) or for each game he plays or maybe he gets a $2M roster bonus if we don't cut him plus a much higher salary in year 2 which allows the team to get out on like a one year $4M deal or something
Yep that's true. Let's wait to see the specifics.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
like i said i realize Gregory's talented and not promoting DA for a starter role but less than half of Gregory's seems fair for guys ahwo has near identical production.

.however fans in here like to question and mock everything Jones does so its all emotional for then. Business wise this is depth and makes the cowboys less desperate to reach for Taco at 24 needing a DE badly.. so continue to sift through FA and make top 2 rounds to either find a DE of the future OR have MP play more snaps at DE and find a LB in the first two rounds plus one in FA..ther are many options left 6months before game 1..lol

hey fans quit playing gm , you ate not one that is for sure..

:laugh: 0 for 26, and everyone here knows 0 for 27 is inevitable, whether they'll admit it or not.

Any random fan from this board cannot do worse.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
like i said i realize Gregory's talented and not promoting DA for a starter role but less than half of Gregory's seems fair for guys ahwo has near identical production.

.however fans in here like to question and mock everything Jones does so its all emotional for then. Business wise this is depth and makes the cowboys less desperate to reach for Taco at 24 needing a DE badly.. so continue to sift through FA and make top 2 rounds to either find a DE of the future OR have MP play more snaps at DE and find a LB in the first two rounds plus one in FA..ther are many options left 6months before game 1..lol

hey fans quit playing gm , you ate not one that is for sure..
The Cowboys have over 30 million in cap space. They will spend the money on someone. The Joneses seem to do better when they don’t get who they want anyway. Dak and Parsons come to mind with the draft.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Neither!

Ladarious Smith would have only cost a couple million more per year than Armstrong and less than Gregory.
its ZSmith and he rejected an offer like that from ravens

he saws VM and CJ deals and will now push for larger offer.im glad you know what players and agents are thinking from your safe little keyboard. Hope you didn't sprain a finger googling this info that actually not accurate.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Neither!

Ladarious Smith would have only cost a couple million more per year than Armstrong and less than Gregory.
Really??? Maybe the reason Smith didn't sign the contract was a) he realised there was a better contract out there or b) he failed his medical.

He may have been willing to take that contract from Baltimore, as a return down discount.

I wish fans sometime looked behind the headline.

quickccc

Reaction score
- They are gonna make/force themselves into thinking Armstrong can be a suitable starter.

- Had about same sack numbers as Gregory, thus he can be a Gregory,.. in their mind.
Overthinking and panicking that they would lose Armstrong, and be stuck with Basham, ..and what else at DE ?

- The more snaps Armstrong has to play, the more he is exposed. And he cannot handle his own or stand out vs the better OTs.

- The hope is there is a high regard DE that slips to Cowboys 1st round spot.
But the worry is could there be another Taco Charlton type pick ?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
- They are gonna make/force themselves into thinking Armstrong can be a suitable starter.

- Had about same sack numbers as Gregory, thus he can be a Gregory,.. in their mind.
Overthinking and panicking that they would lose Armstrong, and be stuck with Basham, ..and what else at DE ?

- The more snaps Armstrong has to play, the more he is exposed. And he cannot handle his own or stand out vs the better OTs.

A sonewhat subjective post...the stats say the exact opposite, the more snaps he took, the better stats he put up.

If he is the starting DE, which I doubt, I can see us drafting a promising, but raw edge in the first 3 rounds.

We've got Tank pressurising and Micah rushing....that's going to help a young rusher.

Some fans on here look no further than star names.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

For how many years did no DE's stand out against tyron. Measuring against the top OT's is not a good measurement.

They will have to do stunts, games, mix up pressures, etc. If he holds the edge and gets some pressure/sacks, even if they do not add anyone else, they can still have a good line. Quinn has weapons to use and mix stuff up with

blueblood70

Reaction score
A sonewhat subjective post...the stats say the exact opposite, the more snaps he took, the better stats he put up.

If he is the starting DE, which I doubt, I can see us drafting a promising, but raw edge in the first 3 rounds.

We've got Tank pressurising and Micah rushing....that's going to help a young rusher.

Some fans on here look no further than star names.
exactly his stats are nearly identical to Gregory no one will acknowledge it and they are blinded by jones hate club mantras. don't think i was DA conted on as starter but ist good signing for depth and to not be desperate in the draft,

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
exactly his stats are nearly identical to Gregory no one will acknowledge it and they are blinded by jones hate club mantras. don't think i was DA conted on as starter but ist good signing for depth and to not be desperate in the draft,

Yep, the only move that everyone appeared to like was DLaw and in effect that was the Jones' reducing their spending.
Some fans just play No CAP Fantasy Football and think they can have an unlimited elite roster.
Others think that just because a player would take a contract from a team we should have offered the same and he's ours....
Yea, nobody is 100% happy but we are at least taking some responsibility for the CAP issues and possibly still able to put a decent team out (albeit not as good as the 2021 team...what a team on paper).
There's plenty of FA''s out there and I can't remember the last time we had this kind of money to spend...it doesn't have to go in the first week.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yep, the only move that everyone appeared to like was DLaw and in effect that was the Jones' reducing their spending.
Some fans just play No CAP Fantasy Football and think they can have an unlimited elite roster.
Others think that just because a player would take a contract from a team we should have offered the same and he's ours....
Yea, nobody is 100% happy but we are at least taking some responsibility for the CAP issues and possibly still able to put a decent team out (albeit not as good as the 2021 team...what a team on paper).
There's plenty of FA''s out there and I can't remember the last time we had this kind of money to spend...it doesn't have to go in the first week.
I'll save my judgments for game 1 that when we can see the roster is set..6months before than i am confident they will get the holes filled. i mean many players still out there, many to be cut soon, and trades are made all the way up to the trade deadline and of course the draft..im not worried

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
If he can repeat last year I am fine. With additional snaps he should be even more productive. Very low risk contract IMHO.

Spot on. This 2 year contract, for a 24 year old, definately improved (be it contract year or Quinn or on the coat tails of Micah) is much better value and less risk than Gregory (whom I like and was disappointed we didn't sign).

Fans want names, however, with Tank and Micah you'd expect Golston and or Armstrong to step up...if there's a deal out there fine, if a DE we like falls to us somewhere in the draft great as it's still a position we can upgrade....but at least it's not a Taco must have scenario.

jnday

Reaction score
6.5 million per for slop.
Two million a year would have been massively overpaying Armstrong, so what does the Cowboys do? They lock him in for two years and 6.5 million. Maybe it’s just me, but I doubt any other team would come close to giving him this kind of money. As a fan, all I can do is laugh about it at this point. This is the worst offseason that have seen during my 50+ years of being a fan. It seems like everyone is overlooking how unimpressive Armstrong has been until this last season, which was his chance to get more money. It brings up the question, why was his production non-existent until last season?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Two million a year would have been massively overpaying Armstrong, so what does the Cowboys do? They lock him in for two years and 6.5 million. Maybe it’s just me, but I doubt any other team would come close to giving him this kind of money. As a fan, all I can do is laugh about it at this point. This is the worst offseason that have seen during my 50+ years of being a fan. It seems like everyone is overlooking how unimpressive Armstrong has been until this last season, which was his chance to get more money. It brings up the question, why was his production non-existent until last season?

Because he didn't have Micah and Quinn and the kid's 24??

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Because he didn't have Micah and Quinn and the kid's 24??