Around The Horn - Harrison NFL MVP

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Decided to tune in today and Cowlishaw and Mariotti went for Harrison as a "symbolic" vote.

Said there wasn't a offensive player worthy of it so it should be given to Harrison because he is the best player on the best defense.

Pretty Damn Stupid, IMO.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Harrison has been great though. I'd vote for him too. But if Ware breaks that sack record its his to lose IMO. You can't deny him that award and no one will.

gmsquid

Reaction score
NFL MVP should be Peyton Manning. Hands down.

P.S. Harrison has not been nearly as good as Ware.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
gmsquid;2504708 said:
NFL MVP should be Peyton Manning. Hands down.

P.S. Harrison has not been nearly as good as Ware.

Harrison has been just as good. I think Ware deserves for the sacks and tackles but Harrison has been no slouch. As far as Peyton getting it I don't think his impact on the Colts has been as big as Ware's has been on this defense or Harrisons on the Steelers defense. Not to mention the horrible play at the beginning of the season. Harrison and Ware have been consistent all year.

The Panch

Reaction score
While I agree Manning's affect has been great, that defense has won alot of games that Indy should've lost. I say it should go to AP, but there's no true front runner.

As for the subject of the thread, Harrison is still the front runner for DPOY, but if Ware breaks the sack record, it has to go to him. Just think. If Wade didnt wait so long to take over the defense, Ware could've realistically broke the record already.

rysko

Reaction score
doesnt harrison have like 20 more tackles than ware? he must play the run id assume

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
bbgun;2504747 said:
Does Harrison play the run? Because Ware sure does.

Yea he actually does. I'd give Ware the edge in coverage because Ware hasn't really been tested there much but when he has he's been solid. Give me Ware over any defensive player in the league. But for what Harrison has done for that Steelers defense I think he's had a MVP season. Especially since defense wins games for the Steelers. If that's so give it to the guy responsible. I also wouldn't be against Haynesworth getting it.

bigE79

Reaction score
rocyaice;2504800 said:
Yea he actually does. I'd give Ware the edge in coverage because Ware hasn't really been tested there much but when he has he's been solid. Give me Ware over any defensive player in the league. But for what Harrison has done for that Steelers defense I think he's had a MVP season. Especially since defense wins games for the Steelers. If that's so give it to the guy responsible. I also wouldn't be against Haynesworth getting it.
what has he done that WARE hasnt?:starspin

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Ware has been more consistent and more productive in sacks.

Ware gets it, especially if he hits 20 or 21. Anyone who even wants to question it if he breaks the record is an idiot.

bigE79

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2504828 said:
Ware has been more consistent and more productive in sacks.

Ware gets it, especially if he hits 20 or 21. Anyone who even wants to question it if he breaks the record is an idiot.
:hammer: nuff said:star:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
bigE79;2504823 said:
what has he done that WARE hasnt?:starspin

The 94 tackles and 7 forced fumbles. But like I said, Ware is my MVP. I'm not taking anything away from Ware. I'm saying Harrison has a argument and if he won I wouldn't be shocked or pissed.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
rocyaice;2504831 said:
The 94 tackles and 7 forced fumbles. But like I said, Ware is my MVP. I'm not taking anything away from Ware. I'm saying Harrison has a argument and if he won I wouldn't be shocked or pissed.
take him out of there linup and they're still a top 10 defense. you take Ware out of our lineup and were in big trouble.

Mr.davon24

PGH Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Why are people voting Peyton???? I could name a few players that deserves the nod more then him. Matt Ryan, Kerry Collins, Chad Pen, and not trying to be a homer Tony. Defense hands would be a lil harder. You have E Reed, Troy P, Be ware D ware, Harrison, Sean Rodgers, and can't ignore Joey Porter.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
rocyaice;2504831 said:

Exactly.

Rampage;2504835 said:
take him out of there linup and they're still a top 10 defense. you take Ware out of our lineup and were in big trouble.

That's speculative. Likely....but speculative nonetheless.

You can't ignore Harrison's numbers. He's been a monster....but the stats that makes me give it to Ware over Harrison are the stats against 'like opponents'. Ware's numbers are far superior to Harrison's where they've played the same teams.

superpunk

Reaction score
It's almost like Ware didn't just beat the living daylights out of David Diehl and the greatest line in the NFL on national television or something.

*Braces self for Bob Sanders love fest tonight*

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
rocyaice;2504800 said:

You are on drugs! ( and I mean that in the nicest way possible ;) ) Pittsburg D is not built on one player. Troy, Woodley, Farrior, Aaron Smith, etc are all pretty darn good on that defense. You just said you would "vote for [Harrison] too", which means you WOULDN'T vote for Ware, btw. No one on our defense is even remotely as dominant as Ware is, perhaps Newman when he's healthy and in the zone might challenge him.