Around The Horn - Harrison NFL MVP

superpunk

Reaction score
They were talking about Harrison on NFL Network pregame, I think. Someone mentioned the sack leader, Demarcus Ware, and I'm pretty sure Sapp said "Pfffttttt...he's not a 'dawg', he doesn't lead".

Sage words, twinkletoes.

Reaction score
D-Ware is the best defensive player in the game today... He's the most complete outside LB the NFL has seen since LT.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2504865 said:
D-Ware is the best defensive player in the game today... He's the most complete outside LB the NFL has seen since LT.

This I can agree with.

Unfortunately, that rarely equates to being voted as the DPOY. Look at the recent results. He needs more 'show'.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Voters must keep the following pictures in mind when considering Harrison for MVP. I've never seen Ware get owned by a Rookie RB making his first start. I wouldn't vote for Harrison as MVP on this basis alone...remove his name from the ballot.

http://img399.*************/img399/1330/11131608kq3.jpg

Reaction score
tomson75;2504870 said:
This I can agree with.

Unfortunately, that rarely equates to being voted as the DPOY. Look at the recent results. He needs more 'show'.

I think if he had a mean streak and said some controversial statements he'd get more recognition.... :rolleyes:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
gmsquid;2504708 said:
NFL MVP should be Peyton Manning. Hands down.

P.S. Harrison has not been nearly as good as Ware.

please, stop with the Manning b/s...he is not the MVP this yr

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
rocyaice;2504831 said:
The 94 tackles and 7 forced fumbles. But like I said, Ware is my MVP. I'm not taking anything away from Ware. I'm saying Harrison has a argument and if he won I wouldn't be shocked or pissed.

Ware has 90+ tackles as well...more sacks, only two less forced fumbles...better in coverage, better pass rusher

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Rampage;2504835 said:
take him out of there linup and they're still a top 10 defense. you take Ware out of our lineup and were in big trouble.

We racked up quite a few of those sacks against the Giants when Ware was off the field on Sunday night.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2504695 said:
Decided to tune in today and Cowlishaw and Mariotti went for Harrison as a "symbolic" vote.

Said there wasn't a offensive player worthy of it so it should be given to Harrison because he is the best player on the best defense.

Pretty Damn Stupid, IMO.

I agree. I amazed by harrison, because he is not physically imposing. My problem is that if you watch him, he is joey porter all over again. He will leave an assignment for his stats. Just watch him.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
while i would pick Ware over Harrison, i just like the fact that there seems to be some serious consideration for a defensive player to win it this year.. and if Ware breaks that record, it very well could be him.. at this point, i'd say the frontrunners for MVP are, in no order:

Peyton Manning
Adrian Peterson
Demarcus Ware
James Harrison

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
The Panch;2504739 said:
While I agree Manning's affect has been great, that defense has won alot of games that Indy should've lost. I say it should go to AP, but there's no true front runner.

As for the subject of the thread, Harrison is still the front runner for DPOY, but if Ware breaks the sack record, it has to go to him. Just think. If Wade didnt wait so long to take over the defense, Ware could've realistically broke the record already.
This is such a weak year for MVP. Peyton has not had an MVP season at all. He and the Colts need to thank Derek Anderson, Sage Rosenfields, Tavarius Jackson, and Ben Roethlisberger that they aren't 6-8 going into tonight's game.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I'd say Manning will win it.

Romo had it ripe for the picking before he threw the Pittsburgh game away in the 4th quarter.

Harrison has a great chance to get it. He's had a monster of a year.

The Panch

Reaction score
bootsy;2504949 said:
This is such a weak year for MVP. Peyton has not had an MVP season at all. He and the Colts need to thank Derek Anderson, Sage Rosenfields, Tavarius Jackson, and Ben Roethlisberger that they aren't 6-8 going into tonight's game.
After watching his performance tonight, I retract my statement. It's going to Peyton unless AP goes off these next two weeks.

Peyton hit his first 17 passes and kept his team from being blown out while the D was being owned for 4 quarters and brought em back to tie it til the defense got it together.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
The Panch;2505266 said:
After watching his performance tonight, I retract my statement. It's going to Peyton unless AP goes off these next two weeks.

Peyton hit his first 17 passes and kept his team from being blown out while the D was being owned for 4 quarters and brought em back to tie it til the defense got it together.

One game does not a season and MVP make. MVP is based on the body of work for the whole year.

The Panch

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2505269 said:
One game does not a season and MVP make. MVP is based on the body of work for the whole year.
I never said it does, but this season is too close to call and much like the BCS, it's who's the hottest that's gonna get it and outside of that Cleveland game, Peyton has been hotter than any QB during this 8 game winning streak.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;2504899 said:
please, stop with the Manning b/s...he is not the MVP this yr
More tackles for loss, more QB hits, more QB pressures...

It's not really even an argument anymore. For a while it was, but Harrison's lack of consistent high level of play pushed him too far back to recover.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I think AD or Manning will win the MVP award and Ware or Harrison will be DPOY.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
Harrison might be a One Season Wonder, Ware has been productive since his rookie year, and his close to getting the sack record. Ware deserves Most Valuable Player hands down.

Manning has 6 other QBs in front of him with better stats why should he get it ?