Around The Horn - Harrison NFL MVP

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Personally, if not Ware, and they want an offensive-side player to win it, I'd give it to Matt Ryan. What he's done as a Rookie taking that team this far, not too mention becoming the new face of a tarnished franchise basically over night. Last year all we could hear about was Vick- this year it's like, who's Vick?

I don't think anybody thought that ugly chapter would be forgotten this fast, but thanks to Ryan it has been.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Manning certainly argued his case on the field last night with the performance he put on in clinching a playoff spot. That was about as good as you can get at the QB position.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
gmsquid;2504708 said:
NFL MVP should be Peyton Manning. Hands down.

P.S. Harrison has not been nearly as good as Ware.

Agreeded. Manning is playing lights out every game.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Longboysfan;2505450 said:
Agreeded. Manning is playing lights out every game.

Is he? The Colts are on a good streak but the last good team he's played in the last 7 games is Pittsburg. After that they played Houston (then without Schaub and currently 7-7 after going on a streak of their own), San Diego (6-8), Browns (4 - 10), Bengals (2-11-1), Detroit ( worst team in the elague, 0 - 14 and beat them late in that game ), Jaguars (dissapointing 5-9).

pancakeman

Reaction score
For what it's worth (not much), Ware doesn't even get mentioned as a candidate in today's Minneapolis Star Tribune:

COMING ON...
P. Manning, Colts
A. Peterson, Vikings
M. Turner, Falcons
D. Williams, Panthers

LOSING STEAM...
D. Brees, Saints
K. Warner, Cards
B. Favre, Jets

DON'T FORGET ABOUT...
J. Harrison, Steelers
A. Haynesworth, Titans
C. Pennington, Dolphins

Source

bounce

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2504890 said:
Voters must keep the following pictures in mind when considering Harrison for MVP. I've never seen Ware get owned by a Rookie RB making his first start. I wouldn't vote for Harrison as MVP on this basis alone...remove his name from the ballot.

http://img399.*************/img399/1330/11131608kq3.jpg

Do you even remember that play? Harrison jumped, he wasn't blocked up. Choice just got in his way while he was in the air. He sure wasn't 'owned.' Any running back could've picked that play up.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I think that its still too early to name an MVP, IMO Harrison, Ware, Peterson and after last night Manning are the leading contenders.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
bounce;2505503 said:
Do you even remember that play? Harrison jumped, he wasn't blocked up. Choice just got in his way while he was in the air. He sure wasn't 'owned.' Any running back could've picked that play up.

What makes you think I don't remember the play? My point is that I've never seen an MVP candidate look so stupid.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2505507 said:
What makes you think I don't remember the play? My point is that I've never seen an MVP candidate look so stupid.
I was listening to Dan Patrick and a caller mentioned DWare as an MVP candidate and Patrick pooh-poohed it and said that Jerome Bettis was on his show a couple of weeks ago and Bettis said that Ware is sort of selfish player because he goes for sacks and is one-dimensional. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Sounded like Jerome Bettis has never seen Ware play to call him selfish and one-dimensional.

It really pisses me off that people aren't recognizing what a true freak of nature Ware is. What is it going to take for this guy to get the recognition he deserves. It seems like people are afraid to give him compliments when it comes to the national media. Is it because he is a Cowboy? What is it that people refuse to recognize this guy?