Around the NFL QB Rankings (Dak 7)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I agree with you. Stafford was never a top 10 qb in detroit. His play last year didnt change my view of him. Always had him as a 11-14 guy
Some peeps can't adjust their eye to the team in and of itself the QB is on.

I get it.
Our brains want to keep it simple.
Occam's razor and all that.

Let's never mind that football is one of the most intricate and complex game in sports that makes it impossible for one guy to take over.

The NBA is different and that might degrade the trained eye when it comes to sports crossover.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We get it - Dak homies are insulted that the entire universe doesn't think Dak is #1 overall.

You left out Dak's crippling injuries that NO ONE could EVER overcome. By the way, remember that game where a one-legged QB smacked Dallas around? Wasn't that also Dak's first playoff loss?
Ummmm the one legged QB smacked Romo around. Not Dak. If you’re going to insult the guy at least get the game right

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Im cool putting Stafford higher as long as you can show me how you ranked Goff after he took a loaded team the SB, Its funny you will get folks that say "All they needed was a QB" when actually all they needed was another all pro WR and an All Pro CB and another all pro .... but hey it was just the QB that got them over the hump. Goff looks kinda the same as stafford did in Detroit but lets not look that comparison up. There are several QB's in this league that would have done just fine with that roster it just goes to show you its a team game because if it was a QB game then Detroit would have a SB as they had a SB winning QB on the team for years he just decided to play better when he went to the rams i quess?

BermyStar

Reaction score
Nick Foles won a Superbowl as well...so what? I'm a Stafford fan and I'd take Dak over him. I'd take the Rams team (the whole team that won the SB, since it wasn't Stafford alone) with Baker Mayfield if given the chance lol.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
NFL.com says Dak is the 9th, this all around site has Dak at 7th , CBS sports has Dak 7th, ESPN had Dak at 7, sportsnaut.com has Dak 10. In the end these are opinion nothing more. People use them to attack or promote Dak.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No it doesn’t, it is just another list.
This is true.
Just another list.

Stafford at 10 does seem fairly silly though.
Now that he's with a good team to show his true value, I think he'll be near the top 5 going forward like the others up there.

But every list has its issues, and usually several. So no big deal

Wizarus

Reaction score
I dont get that Stafford hate. The one time he has a good team around him he wins it all, Dak has a very capable team around him for years while being in a trash division, and he cant even get to NFCC? And somehow Dak is better?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I dont get that Stafford hate. The one time he has a good team around him he wins it all, Dak has a very capable team around him for years while being in a trash division, and he cant even get to NFCC? And somehow Dak is better?

So does that mean Cam Akers is the best RB because the Rams won a SB?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

if you think the Rams and Cowboys roster, coaches, GM are the same except the QB then this conversation didnt start off on the wrong foot...it doesnt have any feet at all.

Wizarus

Reaction score
if you think the Rams and Cowboys roster, coaches, GM are the same except the QB then this conversation didnt start off on the wrong foot...it doesnt have any feet at all.

You can say the same thing about Stafford when he was with the Lions compared to what Dak has had. Stafford has proven himself capable of winning when given the opportunity, not just "what if" scenarios. To rate Dak not only above Stafford, but 3 people higher than Stafford right now is ridiculous; they're both bus driver QBs but one is proven.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You can say the same thing about Stafford when he was with the Lions compared to what Dak has had. Stafford has proven himself capable of winning when given the opportunity, not just "what if" scenarios. To rate Dak not only above Stafford, but 3 people higher than Stafford right now is ridiculous; they're both bus driver QBs but one is proven.

Did Goff not take a less talented version of that same team to the SB not long ago? Then should he not be up there...thats not a what if, it happened..right? Again rank them how you like, Stafford didnt get better he got a better team, so either way it says more about what a team can do than how good a QB is.