ARTICLE: Grotz: Eagles aren’t as good without a new T.O.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
Interesting comment if true. First time I've heard it tho. Anyone heard mention of this before?

I think the author was trying to be funny. McNabb got hurt on the play, Terrell doesn't like McNabb, so Terrell then likes the Cowboys.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I am not impressed a single bit by Pinkston. Lelie has better speed, can block slightly better and doesn't have the courage issues going across the middle.

I am not harping on Lelie's greatness, far from it. He isn't a great talent, but I do think he is better than anything they have, which speaks to their situation.

I don't ever remember seeing Lelie catch anything across the middle. Not that I remember every pass I see...I seem to remember him making one big catch last year and that's it. Am I forgetting some?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:
If they had half a brain, they would trade for Lelie. I know Denver is asking much more than he is worth, but I believe he is a superior player to anyone they have on their roster, hands down.
Since I don't Lelie at all I think that would be an excellent idea. Either way, I don't think the Philly O scares me at all.

ghst187

Reaction score
stasheroo said:
I think the Eagles and their fans are in for a rude awakening. Many expect them to simply "bounce back" into contention since McNabb is healthy. I don't see it that way.

Take a good look at the Eagles and it becomes apparent they were "the best of the worst" in the NFC for a few seasons. They had no competition for the division and they never actually beat any good teams, especially when it really mattered.

Reality says that the rest of the NFC East has since passed them by.

I agree, I think the igglets are in for a long and disappointing season.
I agree to something the article alluded to...that TO singlehandedly made them more competitive than they should've been. The TO threat masked the fact that Mcnubb is less and less of a threat, whatever running game the team ever had is gone, and the defense can't get pressure and subsequently the DBs can't cover as well (Lito has been exposed something awful).

And I also agree that the division was such garbage that philthy got a little full of themselves.
I think this year you're going to see that Mcnubb's play is declining and part of it is due to the fact that he has few quality targets but part of it is just that he's not as mobile as he used to be and his ability to run really added to his threat level. He needs to drop about 20 pounds.
I find it hard to believe that they won't finish last in the division this year...
unless the skins force Campbell to start or Brunell gets injured.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Just read an article in CNNSI by Peter King talking about how Reid showed his coaches how effective the Eagles offense was before TO.
It also said how, if Michael Westbrook was healthy during thier superbowl run they would all have super bowl rings now.
There is a problem with that thinking however.
THEM DAYS IS OVER!
I mean are you kidding me.
In those days that Reid is looking at, the division he played in was much worse than it is now.
And if Reid thinks they are going to bully the rest of the NFC East like they use to, he is in for a rude awakening.
Yo, I like Michael Westbrook. He is a good player. But he is not a headline act if you know what I mean.
If they truly believe what they are saying in that Peter King article...this year is going to be fun for us and every other team Philly plays.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/05/14/mmqb.0515/index.html