ARTICLE: John Madden: Favre may be traded

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Favre may be angling for trade, Madden says

'He wants to play with a team that has a chance to win,' NBC analyst says :star:

by Bob Wolfley, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

WTMJ-TV and JSOnline.com
Updated: 12:19 p.m. ET April 13, 2006

Opinions about the Brett Favre retirement issue are like cowboy hats in Texas. Everyone has one. The latest notable National Football League observer to weigh in on the topic is John Madden, who will be calling Sunday night games for NBC-TV this season.
Madden said he would not be surprised if the Green Bay Packers quarterback was traded. Madden made his comments about Favre Tuesday night on the "NFL Total Access" show on NFL TV during an interview with Rich Eisen and Rod Woodson.
"I don't know if it has to be in Green Bay," Madden said, referring to Favre returning to play in the National Football League for his 16th season.
Story continues below ↓ "It just sounds like to me that if he's going to play — and again I haven't talked to him, I've just listened to him — it sounds like he may be setting himself up to be traded," Madden said. "He would probably want to play, but he wants to play with a team that has a chance to win. The Packers really don't look like they are going in that direction right now, so maybe he's talking about another team."

Madden acknowledged that Favre repeatedly has said to him and others that he does not want to end his career with any team but the Packers.
getCSS("3053751")

"But I wouldn't be surprised if there was a trade," Madden said. "There are a number of teams that could use him. . . . There are a lot of moving parts in this that could include the draft and could maybe include Brett Favre."
Madden said Favre will have to make up his mind soon because players, especially older players, need time to get ready for the season.
"Obviously, he has to give an answer pretty soon because if you are going to play you have to get ready to play," Madden said. "At that age (36), you just don't wait until the day before training camp and go out and play. You have to start getting ready. The older you are, the sooner you have to start getting ready. So I think that's going to be a key. Is he starting to get ready to play?"
var cssList = new Array();
Madden will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame Aug. 5 in Canton, Ohio. Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis will be his presenter. The others going into the hall that day are late Packers defensive end Reggie White, quarterbacks Warren Moon and Troy Aikman, linebacker Harry Carson and tackle Rayfield Wright.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12302418/

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I know we have Drew, however, Brett Farve would look good with a star on his helmet.

BP would not like all the chances Farve takes during a ball game, therefore, forget about it for our Cowboys!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Figures Madden would be involved in a Farve story :rolleyes:

John Madden's erotic fantasies involve Favre going to another team, winning another Super Bowl and being carried off the field naked by greased weightlifters wearing gladiator costumes.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Figures Madden would be involved in a Farve story :rolleyes:

Madden dreams all things Farve . . . I am actually suprised it took him so long. I hate the words Man Crush but I think we have a clear cut case of one here with.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Packers were going to trade Favre, they should have done it before last season. He looked pretty bad and threw a ton of int's. His stock has fallen a bunch from a year ago. Why Madden is throwing information like this out there is surprising. Especially when he makes comments about not even talking to Favre. My idea....ship him to Oakland.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Alexander said:
John Madden's erotic fantasies involve Favre going to another team, winning another Super Bowl and being carried off the field naked by greased weightlifters wearing gladiator costumes.
You my friend are one sick puppy.

shnagy

Reaction score
Alexander said:
:lmao2: :lmao:

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
I'm so tired of hearing about that guy, why the Packers organization is putting up with his BS is beyond me.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
I'm so tired of hearing about that guy, why the Packers organization is putting up with his BS is beyond me.

Favre transcends the Packers. It's ridiculous. I can't think of another team sport athlete that's ever done this besides maybe Jordan.

gbrittain

Reaction score
That sounds like a "Madden Trade". I thought we were not supposed to discuss Madden trades. You know this aint Madden football.

Eddie

Reaction score
Interesting ... why do I NOT care about Brett Favre?:bang2:

gbrittain

Reaction score
Eddie said:
Interesting ... why do I NOT care about Brett Favre?:bang2:

Probably because he is non factor anymore. Nice name, but not much else.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Alexander said:

:laugh2: