ARTICLE: John Madden: Favre may be traded

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Alexander said:
John Madden's erotic fantasies involve Favre going to another team, winning another Super Bowl and being carried off the field naked by greased weightlifters wearing gladiator costumes.

:laugh2:

Madden really has a thing for Favre dosen't he!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Madden = IDIOT

I think Madden is right on. If Joe Montana, Joe Namath and Emmitt Smith can play their last years somewhere else, so can Brett Favre. I think the problem is Favre wants to play, but he knows he has a 1-2 year window and wants to play on a team that can let him go out a winner. He also doesn't want to look like the bad guy and leave Green Bay. He's probably setting himself up for a trade scenario.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Doesn't Brett have like a 7-9 million dollar salary this year ? Big cap hit to any team he goes to unless he restructers...and who wants to restructer and give gurunteed money to a 36 year old QB ?

RESIN8

Reaction score
kneepads.jpg

bib.gif

This is John Madden's Brett Favre pre-interview gear!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Never trust a guy who can't even pronounce his own name correctly. Only he would get Farve out of Favre.

Anyway, all kidding aside, I don't think I would take Favre over Bledsoe at this point in their careers.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's amazing how a flippant comment by Madden has now become a story about Favre possibly being traded.

I saw the Madden interview on NFL Network. I took his comments about Favre possibly wanting to play for a winner as a passing comment, not one with any real substance.

I guess this is what you get 15 days away from the NFL draft.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Alexander said:
John Madden's erotic fantasies involve Favre going to another team, winning another Super Bowl and being carried off the field naked by greased weightlifters wearing gladiator costumes.

hilarious!!

lkelly

Reaction score
The last time Madden had a transaction scoop was when he coached for the Raiders and made the decision to trade a player.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
honestly who cares where he goes, or if he goes...

as for trading him, while the medis bows down and kisses his sorry arse on a minute by minute basis I have a strong feeling the rest of the NFL people dont and wouldnt...he simply isnt very good anymore and has been a monstrously overrated player for more than a yr or two now...he really wouldnt help any team thats a contender or "close" be a better team because he is a turnover prone QB who's main attribute (superior arm strength) is no longer a positive...he still has a good arm, but alot of throws he used to could force between people are now regularly batted down or picked off...when you also factor in his contract, age and the fact that he seemingly has one yr left at best, he has abolsutely no trade value

David

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Alexander said:

:laugh1: :laugh1: :lmao2: :lmao:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
honestly who cares where he goes, or if he goes...

as for trading him, while the medis bows down and kisses his sorry arse on a minute by minute basis I have a strong feeling the rest of the NFL people dont and wouldnt...he simply isnt very good anymore and has been a monstrously overrated player for more than a yr or two now...he really wouldnt help any team thats a contender or "close" be a better team because he is a turnover prone QB who's main attribute (superior arm strength) is no longer a positive...he still has a good arm, but alot of throws he used to could force between people are now regularly batted down or picked off...when you also factor in his contract, age and the fact that he seemingly has one yr left at best, he has abolsutely no trade value

David
I do. It's a football story and a player that I enjoy watching very much. Is he overhyped? Sure. But I'd take a player with that kind of hype as long as he played as hard as Favre does. I respect the guy. He leaves nothing on the field. Not enough of that in sports these days.

jman

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Favre may be angling for trade, Madden says

'He wants to play with a team that has a chance to win,' NBC analyst says :star:

by Bob Wolfley, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

WTMJ-TV and JSOnline.com
Updated: 12:19 p.m. ET April 13, 2006

Opinions about the Brett Favre retirement issue are like cowboy hats in Texas. Everyone has one.

What? Did I miss getting mine?

I guess opinions on Favre are like Cheese Heads in Wisconson...Every one has one stuck up their butt.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
littlewebs said:
Favre transcends the Packers. It's ridiculous. I can't think of another team sport athlete that's ever done this besides maybe Jordan.
Then that doesn't say much about the Packers.