As a well-known Dak hater, I have to admit something I was wrong about

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I never thought Dak had the ability to beat good teams off the strength of his arm. He has now done it in 3 consecutive home games against playoff teams with absolutely no running game.

One can argue that they all were bad defenses but those teams are coming into the game knowing we have no threat of a run game and he is still feasting in the passing game

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Wonder what Khalidi has to say about Daks ability to throw balls against zone these days.

Dak may very well crap the bed in playoffs against d coordinators giving it their all and players giving it their all in a do or die situation...but most QBs have trouble in that environment.

Just curious what the guy has to say these days about Dak.

Is it scheme is better now? Quick 1, 2 read and if nothing is there run? Are the route trees designed better to beat zone in MM system? Why is Dak seeming to be able to play ball now?

Khalidi...please chime in.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If we go far in Playoffs, give Dak and CeeDee a lot of credit. No run game, Cooks and Fergy can make big plays, but it’s sporadic. And of course, our lineman are falling down like London bricks with the latest being our best young lineman. All those MVP arguments and I have to say for once I think Dak and CeeDee should now start being considered. I am shocked that neither one has gotten hurt yet. CD is not only catching just about every play but also running the ball like a running back. Dak is running for his life, half the time, trying to run for first downs constantly. I’m sure they’ll both have their haters but much respect.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
So the new narrative is that even though he is playing well against winning teams, they just happen to be the worst secondaries in the NFL. Interesting certain posters on here can't bring themselves to saying Dak is playing well (of course we know that would contradict the conspiracy they are selling).
Huh? I gave him props and even stated that although these are bad secondaries, hes doing it with no threat of a run game.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak is a good QB who does dumb things sometimes and who at times appears to be confused. Too many stretches where he just can't move the ball.

What he really needs is a strong run game to lean on, like Russell Wilson when he won the super bowl. Wilson has always lacked consistency, which has always been wildly apparent. It was the strangest thing that DEN didn't appear to know this.

Can Dak be good enough? Not if we go into the season w/ a backup starting at RB and our OL dependent on an oft injured underachiever(Chuma) and a 5th round project(Richards). That simply cannot happen if we ever want to go on a nice playoff run.

Ken

Reaction score
Wonder what Khalidi has to say about Daks ability to throw balls against zone these days.

Dak may very well crap the bed in playoffs against d coordinators giving it their all and players giving it their all in a do or die situation...but most QBs have trouble in that environment.

Just curious what the guy has to say these days about Dak.

Is it scheme is better now? Quick 1, 2 read and if nothing is there run? Are the route trees designed better to beat zone in MM system? Why is Dak seeming to be able to play ball now?

Khalidi...please chime in.
He (Khalidi) was still spouting the garbage last night in game chat...

HungryLion

Reaction score
I never thought Dak had the ability to beat good teams off the strength of his arm. He has now done it in 3 consecutive home games against playoff teams with absolutely no running game.

One can argue that they all were bad defenses but those teams are coming into the game knowing we have no threat of a run game and he is still feasting in the passing game
My biggest issue with him is: STOP THROWING LOW PERCENTAGE FADES when you need to kill clock.

Other than that. He has played very well this season overall.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
Dak made several great passes under extreme duress last night. Pocket almost fully collapsed and he stepped into throws nonetheless. He really gritted it out last night. A testament to his ability to read a defense and calmly make good decisions. Well done Dak.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Unfortunately, whenever you start a Dak thread the primary participants will be the Dak lovers and haters who will just spew their trash w/o regard for any other poster.
See my response above
I thought I quoted erod when I posted. So not posting without regard to other posters. TY.

kskboys

Reaction score
My biggest issue with him is: STOP THROWING LOW PERCENTAGE FADES when you need to kill clock.

Other than that. He has played very well this season overall.
OMG, that was beyond horrible last night. Even if the throw was catchable, it was a very bad decision to make that throw in the first place.

doomsday9084

Reaction score

I've posted this in other threads. To me, Dak's throwing ability has leveled up this year. He is hitting tight windows frequently on players on the move downfield. These are high degree of difficulty throws that he is regularly making look easy. In the past, Dak was frequently a little high or a little behind on these throws which caused bobbles, drops and INT's.

stiletto

Reaction score
The Lion's secondary is putrid. That's typical for them. Good against the run, but abysmal against the pass.
MM was just wasting downs running against the Lions, kept us in 3rd and long all night. Dak and co could almost pass at will. Pretty stubborn trying to establish an obviously hopeless running game.

HungryLion

Reaction score
OMG, that was beyond horrible last night. Even if the throw was catchable, it was a very bad decision to make that throw in the first place.
It’s something they have done multiple times this season. I don’t understand why it’s still a thing.

That situation needs to be a high percentage pass, or just tuck it and run so you keep the clock moving.