As of right now we are not close to competing for anything come next year

jay94

Reaction score
no, actually Romo's injuries were worse for a QB. Knee injuries you recover from. Back and shoulder injuries are much tougher to deal with.

and its time to just admit...RG3 sucked. almost as bad as Ryan Leaf.

chances that Wentz comes back to be a good QB is much higher than RG3, who was never good to begin with and it cost him the one thing that made him good, which was his scrambling ability.

RG3 wasn't very good, but I don't think he was as bad as Leaf, he was a monstrosity.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You missed the point too. Wentz is unknown at this time, it's a projection and to say otherwise is foolish.
yes, a more realistic projection. its not like other players in the league haven't had similar knee injuries. Brady, mcnabb, palmer. all good QBs, who recoverd. Adrian Peterson....Griffin, sucked before and sucked after. so the question is not if Wentz is going to return to form. its a question of when.

kskboys

Reaction score
yes, a more realistic projection. its not like other players in the league haven't had similar knee injuries. Brady, mcnabb, palmer. all good QBs, who recoverd. Adrian Peterson....Griffin, sucked before and sucked after. so the question is not if Wentz is going to return to form. its a question of when.
Wentz is far from an unknown. He's played well for 2 years.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Maybe your right he returns to form but on the other hand he could faze out. I disagree with the when he will return, it's clear that it's a question of if. He isn't AP and even then he had questions as well.

Griffin has a rookie of the year performance so no he didn't suck before the injury. He relied on play action and scrambling, Wentz relies heavily on scrambling and has accuracy issues

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Maybe your right he returns to form but on the other hand he could faze out. I disagree with the when he will return, it's clear that it's a question of if. He isn't AP and even then he had questions as well.

Griffin has a rookie of the year performance so no he didn't suck before the injury. He relied on play action and scrambling, Wentz relies heavily on scrambling and has accuracy issues
that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. but history of injuries say, they come back and have success, without much effect to their play. the question is were they good players or not. Wentz showed he was. IMO there is no reason to think otherwise. Perhaps this is your wishful thinking. I am not holding my breath.

the one player that may not be the same again is Luck, since he had shoulder problems and QBs rely on that more than anything else.

Griffin as a rookie performed well and had supporting cast. It was painfully obvious that his one weapon was his escapability and his running ability. What you don't want in a QB is him running all the time, since they will get injured and often. which is exactly what happened to him. what was very painfully obvious was that he can't pass from the pocket. even in his rookie year.... where Griffin succeeded because he scrambled. Wentz is more like Romo, he will look to pass from the pocket and throw down field and is accurate from the pocket. he will use his scrambling ability to extend plays and not give up sacks. that's also been very evident from his two years in the league. there is a huge huge difference. I don't say that. the league and all the GMs and Coaches say that. there is a reason Griffin had multiple chances and has failed outside of his lucky first year under shanahan. there is a reason he didn't get chances. he is a camp body for the Ravens and probably won't make the team.