As of right now we are not close to competing for anything come next year

blueblood70

Reaction score
But we have fans that believe in Wentz! We saw video claiming he’s back while throwing passes in a hoodie.

The hood was up and on his head. Lord help us!
im betting it was DAVID Carr he still thinks not only was he good but hes still better than Dak :) why because he can hit little gameshow targets without defenders bearing down on him in real games..

Jipper

Reaction score
Ceiling is the divisional round at best but more than likely 8-8 /9-7

How anyone can make a statement like this in April before the draft is absolutely beyond me...

Really you show an extreme lack of understanding the volatility of an NFL season and how so many things can change fromdraft to off-season to training camp to preseason to early season to midseason and on....

Do us all a favor and stop posting ridiculous stuff like that

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wentz didn't suck he was making plenty of WOW throws but the WRs were just dropping them. Kinda what happened with Dak and Dez but Wentz was threading the needle 25 yards away with the wr sprinting across the field tightly covered and would hit him the hands.

Wentz sucked his first year. Wow throws or not. He played like a rookie should. Like a young qb should.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How anyone can make a statement like this in April before the draft is absolutely beyond me...

Really you show an extreme lack of understanding the volatility of an NFL season and how so many things can change fromdraft to off-season to training camp to preseason to early season to midseason and on....

Do us all a favor and stop posting ridiculous stuff like that

Well..his name is Pessimist for a reason. These same guys do this every year. They talk about how the Cowboys suck...just for them to be better than they expected.....then something happens and we go right back to misery.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
However you want to word it the fact is he is an unknown right now. RG3... Injury how did he rebound? Wentz makes plays by running around avoiding the rush..... He will have a brace as long as he plays. He could just as easy fade out.

Dak is tougher and isn't injured so that's a silly comparison
RG3 sucked to begin with. I never liked him. I never thought he would be successful. he didn't have the it. I liked wentz. I wanted us to trade up to get him in the draft. I thought (not that I am any draft expert), he was going to be really good.

again, like I said. and if you read the whole response. we know he is good. we know how good he can be. how he rebounds from injury. romo, Rodgers, brady, etc. all had injures and they were able to be good..... he is tough, because he is accurate, he can pass from the pocket and he can scramble. with his injury, his scrambling will be limited. if by mid season he gets into form. again, eagles are sitting pretty with their QB....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
13-3 in 2016, we got our RB back for a full year, hopefully the OL and Lee stay healthy, DB's more developed. I see much reason for optimism
I am optimistic and pessimistic at the same time. trying to be objective and compare us to the rest. yes, getting zeke back helps. but did Zak gets exposed? I am still not happy with WR situation, despite two signings...two players, with injury history.... still big holes at LB, safety spot is a big question mark, LG spot unsettled. TE is a big question mark. if 37 year old witten beat out everyone, then holy cow it tells you more about those guys than witten.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We've won 24 games in the last two years and yall give us a zero percent chance?

Im not overly optimistic. Im seriously concerned about our franchise QB among other key positions, also our head coach.

So yeah I know we arent front runners by a long shot but we have a nice, young roster. What we need to do is give Dak time to throw the ball, play to his strengths, and let him develop.

In 2016 it looked like we had something special brewing. I think its premature to give up on that. Hope springs eternal and this year I will undoubtedly be holding out for a superbowl.

If I thought we had zero chance Id be sick to my stomach. But to each his own.
its not a zero percent chance.

what's our chances for a superbowl run? truly? I guess in a way I am trying to manage my expectations of where this team is

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
im betting it was DAVID Carr he still thinks not only was he good but hes still better than Dak :) why because he can hit little gameshow targets without defenders bearing down on him in real games..
I think it comes down to defense.

sorry, I just haven't seen a dominant defense that can dictate games to other teams. its the offense controlling the clock, putting pressure and making the other team one dimentional or we are doomed with the defense.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
RG3 sucked to begin with. I never liked him. I never thought he would be successful. he didn't have the it. I liked wentz. I wanted us to trade up to get him in the draft. I thought (not that I am any draft expert), he was going to be really good.

again, like I said. and if you read the whole response. we know he is good. we know how good he can be. how he rebounds from injury. romo, Rodgers, brady, etc. all had injures and they were able to be good..... he is tough, because he is accurate, he can pass from the pocket and he can scramble. with his injury, his scrambling will be limited. if by mid season he gets into form. again, eagles are sitting pretty with their QB....
Another silly comparison as Romo never had the injury that Wentz did. RG3 had a similar injury. It's unknown if Wentz will ever be the same. That's a fact, until we see him play it will continue to be unknown. To state otherwise is fools gold

Hadenough

Reaction score
I will say this about the Cowboys! If they want to wrestle the crown away from the Eagles the best way to do that is getting after the QB. Even the best QBs struggle under pressure. The Cowboys are building the Dline and adding depth they just need to get solid at the LB position. Its the front 7 that create havoc!

CWR

Reaction score
its not a zero percent chance.

what's our chances for a superbowl run? truly? I guess in a way I am trying to manage my expectations of where this team is

I feel ya bro. I dont have any confidence with Garrett. Only thing I can fall back on is my hope Dak and the defense progress. That and the fact the NFL truly is a year to year league. I still except a good season. This team has always been better when expectations are low, at least under Garrett.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Another silly comparison as Romo never had the injury that Wentz did. RG3 had a similar injury. It's unknown if Wentz will ever be the same. That's a fact, until we see him play it will continue to be unknown. To state otherwise is fools gold
no, actually Romo's injuries were worse for a QB. Knee injuries you recover from. Back and shoulder injuries are much tougher to deal with.

and its time to just admit...RG3 sucked. almost as bad as Ryan Leaf.

chances that Wentz comes back to be a good QB is much higher than RG3, who was never good to begin with and it cost him the one thing that made him good, which was his scrambling ability.

Xelda

Reaction score
This team has always been better when expectations are low, at least under Garrett.
YES! There is the glimmer of hope I've been looking for. You know the math: Disappointment x dashed hopes + lowered expectations = we are going to the Super Bowl! It's my logic and my math, so I stand beside it.

Reactions: CWR

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
no, actually Romo's injuries were worse for a QB. Knee injuries you recover from. Back and shoulder injuries are much tougher to deal with.

and its time to just admit...RG3 sucked. almost as bad as Ryan Leaf.

chances that Wentz comes back to be a good QB is much higher than RG3, who was never good to begin with and it cost him the one thing that made him good, which was his scrambling ability.
You missed the point too. Wentz is unknown at this time, it's a projection and to say otherwise is foolish.