A'Shawn Robinson to visit Giants

KDM256

Reaction score
Would suck if Robinson ends up in the NFC East. Giants is leaving no stone unturned and I wish Dallas would follow suit.

Adding pieces like Robinson will get you to the next level in regards to playoff runs.

Carson

Reaction score
Would suck if Robinson ends up in the NFC East. Giants is leaving no stone unturned and I wish Dallas would follow suit.

Adding pieces like Robinson will get you to the next level in regards to playoff runs.
I wouldn’t say that for the Giants. He will play limited snaps behind Dexter Lawrence / Leonard Williams

T-RO

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say that for the Giants. He will play limited snaps behind Dexter Lawrence / Leonard Williams

Exactly. A'Shawn is being described as a depth piece for NY. Certainly I'd like him in Dallas, but I'm not getting worked up over this. He graded out with 68.7 run defense grade in 2022. Solid, but not special player.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Hankins or Robinson plus drafting another NT in the mid rounds would certainly help, though.
The defense with a healthy Hankins held SF's excellent running game largely in check.
They will probably bring back Hankins. I agree, they should definitely add someone in the draft.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I'll take solid over the crap we got the last few years.
Agreed. Dallas has basically had two decent run stuffers in the last decade; Hankins for a handful of games last year, and 2016 when Terrell McClain was healthy. They just don't invest in the position in spite of the fact that even a decent run stuffer changes the entire makeup of the defense. It's mind-boggling.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Agreed. Dallas has basically had two decent run stuffers in the last decade; Hankins for a handful of games last year, and 2016 when Terrell McClain was healthy. They just don't invest in the position in spite of the fact that even a decent run stuffer changes the entire makeup of the defense. It's mind-boggling.

It’s almost like Jed wasn’t around for the SB teams, where the D was stout and fast.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Would be a smart signing by NYG. Williams and Lawrence played a lot of snaps on the DL, and naturally the defense suffers when either or both are on the sideline taking a breather.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
A‘Shawn or Hankins it really doesn’t matter. Neither is going to move the needle.

T-RO said:
A'Shawn Robinson, 28 tackles, 0 sacks, 64.4 PFF score
Osa Odighizuwa, 27 tackles, 4 sacks, 63.3 PFF score

A'Shawn isn't going to change the world. Not rated as top 25 DT.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-interior-defensive-line-rankings-tiers-2022

Robinson would be an obvious upgrade over Hankins and is only 28. Rams played him as a 3-4 end instead of NT last year.

Odighizuwa is a 3T DT, they are different positions with different responsibilities.

Robinson 6-4 330
Hankins 6-3 320
Odighizuwa 6-2 280

Last edited:

tunahelper

Reaction score
Robinson signing there would nearly be depth for them.

But it’s infuriating to have a massive need at 1 tech and to see guys like Billings sign for under $3 million.
You forgetting about Bojangles?

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I’m curious what type of money he’s gonna be looking for. If he leaves NYG tomorrow without a deal. Could be worth a visit for us.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I’m curious what type of money he’s gonna be looking for. If he leaves NYG tomorrow without a deal. Could be worth a visit for us.
I think his market is really low, he wouldn't even start for them. Their 3-4 DL has Ojulari 21/2, Lawrence 19/1, and Williams 15/1 (NYJ)