Ask Dak's agent if he would be open to a trade?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
“Dak is the most accurate deep ball thrower in NFL history on passes of 14 yards or less among QBs with three letter names..........haterz!!!”

:laugh:

OK..... you don't get a lot of likes out of me but this one, it's pretty funny.

LOL......

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do you enjoy things like keeping Garrett and signing Dak that most people know will crush our future chances of winning a title?

Has it come to that?

Why do you think our future chances of winning improve when we make changes but don’t address the actual underlying issue that makes winning in Dallas so difficult?

If we were playing 3-Card Monty, I’d be the one saying the game is rigged, and you’d be the one talking about your future chances of winning the bet. You see that, right?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why do you think our future chances of winning improve when we make changes but don’t address the actual underlying issue that makes winning in Dallas so difficult?

If we were playing 3-Card Monty, I’d be the one saying the game is rigged, and you’d be the one talking about your future chances of winning the bet. You see that, right?

Because blaming Jerry is a waste of time.

Jerry did what he was supposed to by putting the right guys on the field but the man still didn’t think coaching mattered.

He will eventually pay Dak when all of the evidence points to Dak getting paid putting us at disadvantage in terms of winning a Title.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LOL “no one” would be opposed to that?

You’re giving far too much credit to some of the rock-headed trash on this board.

There are posters who would rather have Dalton over Dak, even if their salaries were equal.

There are also posters who would rather have Dak over, name your QB, regardless of what he was asking for in terms of salary. What's your point?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Because blaming Jerry is a waste of time.

Jerry did what he was supposed to by putting the right guys on the field but the man still didn’t think coaching mattered.

He will eventually pay Dak when all of the evidence points to Dak getting paid putting us at disadvantage in terms of winning a Title.

I agree that Dak will get paid but I actually wonder if Jerry is going to pay whatever Dak wants or if he is going to hold the line here?

Something we really haven't discussed much, on this board, is how much the rest of the owners are involved here. We've seen the other owners look to Jerry to set precedents on certain things. I wonder if this might be one of them?

Se7enout

Reaction score
Prepare for disappointment if you are wanting that to happen.
I want a QB on the cheap unless it's a game changing QB who can put a team on their back. Dak ain't that guy so I would prefer him on the cheap (what he deserves based off the seasons he has given us) but I understand he wants a big pay day. I'm saying they should float the idea of finding a trading partner to wake him up for his dream that he is a top 5 qb.

Se7enout

Reaction score
Dak has had the same problems Romo had. Questionable coaching, a spongy defense and untimely penalties. And when you add in the piss poor special teams units from last year you get 8-8. But the naysayers are blaming that 8-8 solely on Dak like Garrett wasn't here last year or something.
Garrett isnt here asking to be paid like a top 5 coach. He is in ny stinking it up.

Sandyf

Reaction score
It couldn't hurt to ask dak's agent if he would be open to a trade. Maybe the prospect of losing all his flashy toys would clear his head a bit.
Two problems with that, first Jerry and Stephen do not want to trade him period, second even if they did then any team that wanted to trade for him would have to have a contract in place for him and he would have to sign the tag and then be traded. Does anyone really believe his agent is going to ask for less money from a team? It isn't going to happen.

Se7enout

Reaction score
It’s going to be fun watching the heads explode in here when he does sign, at least.
We dont hate dak, I dont think anyone hates dak. Smart people know his value and homerz well they do what you do.
Just because we drafted him doesnt mean hes great.
Pay him what he deserves! But after an 8-8 season where we didnt make the playoffs and he has yet to do anything in the playoffs even with a loaded offense.
I dont mind dak being a cowboy I think he is being a bit of a scumbag for putting the team in a bad position cap wise for years to come when he hasnt given us anything in return.

Se7enout

Reaction score
Two problems with that, first Jerry and Stephen do not want to trade him period, second even if they did then any team that wanted to trade for him would have to have a contract in place for him and he would have to sign the tag and then be traded. Does anyone really believe his agent is going to ask for less money from a team? It isn't going to happen.
So if you dont think any other team would pay him that kind of money, why do you think we should?

Se7enout

Reaction score
The staff is sold on Prescott and has stated over and over that he is the future QB in Dallas. It comes down to contractual details. Some fans are hellbent on saying otherwise.
I'm not saying they have to trade him. If he thinks the cowboys are ready to move on from him he might be more reasonable on his price.

Sandyf

Reaction score
So if you dont think any other team would pay him that kind of money, why do you think we should?
Like it or not, that is now the going rate and among teams, if you ask them, most if not all will tell you that he is a top tier QB. Fans do not have to believe just the teams. We might not like or believe the stats or the next gen stuff but all 32 teams do believe it or they wouldn't pay the kind of money they spend to get those items. If you don't believe a Chicago or Vegas or Chargers or Washington or a number of others wouldn't pay that kind of money then you are just hoping against hope. Jerry had a chance to extend Dak before the 2019 season if they would have offered up Goff or Wentz money then but they believe they could get him cheaper, they were wrong.

I see Dak, right or wrong, as a top 5 QB. He has had 4 very good years if not great. He is far better than Wentz (can't stay on the field) and Goff (deer in the headlights) but no he isn't Mahomes (yet no one is). One of the all time best QBs was by every NFL team was Dan Marino. Yet his playoff record is 8-10 and he went to one Super Bowl and lost. Multiple teams year after year tried to trade for him. He had a great offense, defense not so much. And that was over some 17 years. Those are just facts no BS.

Fans might not want to believe $35 or $37 million a year is fair or worth it but Mahomes, Watson, and Jackson are all going to average over $40 million a year and in Mahomes case probably $45 million. Watson in 3 years has played 3 playoff games and lost 2 of them and Jackson has played in 2 playoff games and lost both in two years. Mahomes has played 5 playoff games and won 4 (biggest difference is he had Andy Reid, we had Jason Garrett). Dak has also never missed a game those others have missed games.

The numbers on the contract are the numbers, like it or not. None of us can really fathom paying $37 million average a year but it is going to happen and for a day or a month or maybe 6 months, Dak will be the highest paid QB in the NFL but by the end of the season after other top QBs like Wilson or Rodgers who will redo their deals and as Mahomes and Watson get new deals then he will be money wise in the top ten but definitely not #1 money. Just a fact.