Asking for prayers

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
I have a cousin who had her baby girl three months early back in January, and the baby survived and was doing great. Now there was some kind of accident (I haven't gotten the full story yet), but the baby has a fractured skull, bleeding of the brain, and her blood pressure keeps dropping. They are trying to get her stabilized, but so far no luck. The last message I received was that it was not looking good.

Now my family and I ask for your thoughts and prayers for little Savannah.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
The doctors got the baby stabilized now, and they said she is not out of the woods yet.

My mom said when she saw the baby, the baby looked as white as a brand new pair of socks, from a lack of blood circulation.

I finally got the story of what happened. My Grandmother was getting the baby ready to leave and as she was walking down the hall carrying the baby and tripped (she don't know if it was over her feet, shoes, or the dogs; they said she blacked out) and fell and landed on the baby.

Please keep the prayers coming and thank you for taking the time to say the prayers.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Is your Grandma okay? Should we be praying for her too? I mean emotionally as well as physically when I ask if she is okay.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
Hostile;2794354 said:
Is your Grandma okay? Should we be praying for her too? I mean emotionally as well as physically when I ask if she is okay.

She is okay physically, but they said she kept repeating "I killed the baby," over and over while they were awaiting news at the hospital. She feels horrible. She doesn't know what to do.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DallasFanSince86;2794359 said:
She is okay physically, but they said she kept repeating "I killed the baby," over and over while they were awaiting news at the hospital. She feels horrible. She doesn't know what to do.
She's in my prayers too.

Hang tough.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
I was up at the hospital today and saw the baby. She had some of her color back. She is still a little pale but they say she looks much better today than she did yesterday. The doctors said that they finally got the bleeding around the brain to stop and some of the swelling that developed around her brain has gone down. Her eyes have a lot of swelling.

While I was back there, she was sedated, all of her vitals were normal, and she was using the ventilator for only 9% of her breathing, the rest was on her own. The doctors also said that if she can make it the next 48 hours, without any major set backs, then she has a great chance of surviving. They will not know how much brain damage there is, if any, till later on.

Looks like she is on the right track, but we will all rest easier when she is out of the hospital and back home.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Any more news on the baby? Saying that it is a difficult time for your family is a complete understatement.

Stay strong.

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
Will be praying, sorry to hear this and I'll be asking God to be with your family at this time.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
Sorry about not being able to get an update sooner, between being at the hospital and having 3 Graduations (one was my first sister), the parties that followed and end of the school year events for my second sister, I haven't had time to log in.

The baby started to have seizures Tuesday and Wednesday, it took the doctors trying four different medicines before they found the one that helped to prevent or at least limit the seizures. She has not had seizure since Wednesday night. She has gotten all of her color back and the swelling around her eyes has started to go down. They have taken her off the ventilator, taken the feeding tube out, and have taken the catheter out. She is now awake, moving around, and taking a bottle.

The doctors didn't say when they will release her.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DallasFanSince86;2801494 said:
Sorry about not being able to get an update sooner, between being at the hospital and having 3 Graduations (one was my first sister), the parties that followed and end of the school year events for my second sister, I haven't had time to log in.

The baby started to have seizures Tuesday and Wednesday, it took the doctors trying four different medicines before they found the one that helped to prevent or at least limit the seizures. She has not had seizure since Wednesday night. She has gotten all of her color back and the swelling around her eyes has started to go down. They have taken her off the ventilator, taken the feeding tube out, and have taken the catheter out. She is now awake, moving around, and taking a bottle.

The doctors didn't say when they will release her.

Awesome news.....how's Grandma holding up?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man, what a horrible thing to happen. I'm glad the baby is recovering. Keep us posted.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2801551 said:
Awesome news.....how's Grandma holding up?

She's doing better, now that the baby is doing better. Yesterday when I saw her she was laughing and having a good time at the graduation party. She seemed like her normal self.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
The baby went home on Friday. The doctors said that the only limitations are that she can not be bounced or be in/on anything that vibrates because that could start the bleeding in the brain again.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
DallasFanSince86;2809869 said:
The baby went home on Friday. The doctors said that the only limitations are that she can not be bounced or be in/on anything that vibrates because that could start the bleeding in the brain again.

What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and your family.