Assume DQ leaves to be a HC

Zman5

Reaction score
Because for a team to hire DQ it must mean their defense sucks. And the current Cowboys defense doesn’t suck. Money won’t be an issue for Jerry he pays his assistants well. It makes no since for Whitt to do that unless he just loves DQ that much.

Don't underestimate the people's need to prove their worth. For some coaches, they want to show the world it wasn't just the players that made the team great, but their abilities had as much to do with the success.

Also, as I mentioned, if DQ offers the job first, Whitt doesn't seem to be a type of guy to play that back and forth game to just to get little more money.

Vandyr

Reaction score
Right, the statement that Parsons would follow Quinn was concerning... the announcers talked about that during today's game. I would hope that Jerry would pay Dan Quinn enough money NOT to leave. There's no salary cap on coaches.

Seeing as how he was willing to throw millions at an average QB, then he should have no problem paying what's needed to keep a talented coach.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
After this year. Who do we get to replace him that can run a defense as well as he does?

having said that, I hope JJ throws everything at him to stay. I haven’t ever seen such a turn around for a defense in my life.

Plenty of others can run the defense. We have lots of talent now. What DQ brought to the table that maybe we cant replace was who he helped us draft and who he brought in as FA's that fit his scheme.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I think Parsons comment solidifies Quinn being with Cowboys for the foreseeable future. I could be wrong.

Reactions: BAT

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Al Harris has been phenomenal with our secondary since he's been here. Great underrated hire.

Do you associate that with coaching or Will McClay's grocery shopping?

It could be both. Just seems like we are deep with talent right now in secondary. We have multiple non-starters that seem like they could be legit gamers(Bland, Mukuamu). Nothing against Al harris...you still have to get talent to produce...but his job seems like it could be on cruise control these days.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Do you associate that with coaching or Will McClay's grocery shopping?

It could be both. Just seems like we are deep with talent right now in secondary. We have multiple non-starters that seem like they could be legit gamers(Bland, Mukuamu). Nothing against Al harris...you still have to get talent to produce...but his job seems like it could be on cruise control these days.
Players prior to al Harris being here have improved as well. Imo he has them playing the style of play he did with gb. We are much more aggressive.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
After this year. Who do we get to replace him that can run a defense as well as he does?

having said that, I hope JJ throws everything at him to stay. I haven’t ever seen such a turn around for a defense in my life.
Have you ever seen turnarounds like this on offense?

I wonder how much turn around would we have had if Parsons was Surtain? How come his defense in Atlanta and the overall roster was a trash heap when he left there?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Quinn but feel like any defense with Micah Parsons on it is going to be good

Micah gives fulll credit to Quinn for developing him and expanding his game. He's even said he would like to go wherever Quinn is coaching. So, that's the players own feelings. I wouldn't be surprised if we have another early playoff exit to see Quinn given the HC job in Dallas.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
LOL. Don't you people read about your team? Quinn isn't going anywhere. This topic has been beaten to death. Dallas is 3-1 with a back-up quarterback. Live in the moment for pete's sakes!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

well we have no idea who is going to be available. some teams will let their coaching staff go and perhaps, one similar to DQ will be available. perhaps a young, up and coming coach...way way too early to worry about this. we are not even half way through the year.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Zimmer was the one that fired Edwards from the Vikes, ..talk about " relationship "

actually no, he wasn’t fired. His contract expired and they didn’t bring him back. Either was the OC. It was a last ditch effort by zimmer to save himself a “them or me “ situation.

it also never got personal or very ugly.

exciter

Reaction score

It depends on how much pressure Jerry feels to hire a known product and how many assistants Quinn takes with him. Edwards could step in without missing much a beat!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's wants to be a HC again more than he wants the money.
He took his team to the SB and was fired shortly thereafter, not the kind of thing any coach can let stand, just like Pederson.

He took himself off the market last season because he did not see the job he wanted. The question is will the right one be there this off-season?

AbeBeta

Reaction score

As someone up for their 2nd hc job, he's going to have to be extremely picky.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Don't underestimate the people's need to prove their worth. For some coaches, they want to show the world it wasn't just the players that made the team great, but their abilities had as much to do with the success.

Also, as I mentioned, if DQ offers the job first, Whitt doesn't seem to be a type of guy to play that back and forth game to just to get little more money.
Yeah that’s possible but there’s a lot to prove being a DC because of talent. I won’t pretend to know how Whitt thinks but to me it just seems natural for a guy on staff under the DC take the job.

visionary

Reaction score

fire fat Mike and keep Quinn as HC
Get new OC if needed