Assuming Moore leaves, who do you think will be a candidate for OC?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Assuming Moore moves on for whatever reason, who do you think will be a candidate for OC? Who would you like to bring in if you had a chance?
Most likely the entire offensive staff would change, which I'm willing to get behind.

I hope we can find an OC that's outside of the franchise.
Some possible OC candidates I would entertain: Frank Reich, if he doesn't get a HC spot, Bobby Slowik, Brian Johnson, Kingsbury or Matt Weiss.

Your thoughts?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Who is going to foolish enough to hire Moore as HC? The stat line on the Cowboys offense is they need to run to be successful. Moore doesn't even follow the proven, statistical recipe for success. Pollard was a big loss, but to not give Davis an opportunity to get some carries was ridiculous. Instead, Moore runs some doomed zone read play expecting Davis to be a blocker and they get blown up by a blitzing DB.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Assuming Moore moves on for whatever reason, who do you think will be a candidate for OC? Who would you like to bring in if you had a chance?
Most likely the entire offensive staff would change, which I'm willing to get behind.

Some possible OC candidates I would entertain: Frank Reich, if he doesn't get a HC spot, Bobby Slowik, Brian Johnson, Kingsbury or Matt Weiss.

Your thoughts?
No truly in-demand OC will even touch the job with Prescott at QB.
Next, please.....

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'd keep an eye on Brian Schottenheimer. His name pretty much fell off the radar after being associated with the Jags offense last year, but was a bit of an up and coming coordinator prior to that on some of those Seattle teams that ran the ball at will. Plus it doesn't hurt that he's on staff with the cowboys now.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No truly in-demand OC will even touch the job with Prescott at QB.
Next, please.....
Try to add a little more to the topic than something that has nothing to do with the topic.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Who is going to foolish enough to hire Moore as HC? The stat line on the Cowboys offense is they need to run to be successful. Moore doesn't even follow the proven, statistical recipe for success. Pollard was a big loss, but to not give Davis an opportunity to get some carries was ridiculous. Instead, Moore runs some doomed zone read play expecting Davis to be a blocker and they get blown up by a blitzing DB.
You don't think he's coveted? I can understand a fans view, it's the same as mine. But the idea is who would you pick and why.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'd keep an eye on Brian Schottenheimer. His name pretty much fell off the radar after being associated with the Jags offense last year, but was a bit of an up and coming coordinator prior to that on some of those Seattle teams that ran the ball at will. Plus it doesn't hurt that he's on staff with the cowboys now.
Good point, his name did come to mind.

GINeric

Reaction score

Your thoughts?

Anybody with a football IQ from college to other NFL teams would be light years better than Moore. I hope and pray Moore's dumb, low football IQ *** is gone this offseason. He's trash as a coordinator ESPECIALLY when it comes down to calling the right plays and making adjustments in "in game situations".

Please let that clown go to another team.

With that said, bring in Eric Bienemy. He actually has a thinking brain on levels KM could only dream of.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Anybody with a football IQ from college to other NFL teams would be light years better than Moore. I hope and pray Moore's dumb, low football IQ *** is gone this offseason. He's trash as a coordinator ESPECIALLY when it comes down to calling the right plays and making adjustments in "in game situations".

Please let that clown go to another team.

With that said, bring in Eric Bienemy. He actually has a thinking brain on levels KM could only dream of.
I agree with most, but do you think there's no appeal throughout the league because of how prolific the offense was for most of the year? Some with a back up? I think that's what saves McCarthy for another year.

Rayman70

Reaction score

Your thoughts?
we have Brian Shottenheimer on staff. I would elevate him.

Reactions: G2

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unfortunately, he isn’t going anywhere. I don’t think any team, college or pro, has even asked for an interview. Jerry doesn’t admit mistakes and he will ride with KM for awhile. Also, they don’t want a new offense for our mensa QB to try and learn :thumbdown:

lostar2009

Reaction score
I would see about Byron Letfwich or see if we can lure Sean Payton. Although a dream, but man this would create a dream team in coaching. I bet DQ stays if Payton comes onboard.