Assuming Moore leaves, who do you think will be a candidate for OC?

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
jason-garrett-smile.gif
LLLOOOLLL, good one.

Pevansjr

Reaction score
Two seasons in a row, we had a last play in the playoffs that was insanely stupid gimmicky. NFL OC's don't do that. High school and college ones do. Moore needs to be canned if he isn't hired away.
I'm not defending Moore, he can hit the road for all I care, but what play are you calling from your own 20 with no time left and you have to get a touchdown.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Assuming Moore moves on for whatever reason, who do you think will be a candidate for OC? Who would you like to bring in if you had a chance?
Most likely the entire offensive staff would change, which I'm willing to get behind.

I hope we can find an OC that's outside of the franchise.
Some possible OC candidates I would entertain: Frank Reich, if he doesn't get a HC spot, Bobby Slowik, Brian Johnson, Kingsbury or Matt Weiss.

Your thoughts?
Seeing you can't sign another OC from a team, lateral move, maybe QB coach from San Fran?

Reactions: G2

nobody

Reaction score
I'm not defending Moore, he can hit the road for all I care, but what play are you calling from your own 20 with no time left and you have to get a touchdown.
Standard Hail Mary where I have the QB chunk it down field and not that insane mess that we saw.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak isn't cerebral enough to learn a new offense

Hell he's been in this one how long now and still can't operate it effectively

Xeven

Reaction score
Anyone who has never Spoken to Jason Garret would be a great starting point

Xeven

Reaction score
Dak isn't cerebral enough to learn a new offense

Hell he's been in this one how long now and still can't operate it effectively
Yes Dak is slow thinker like me and he learned from Garret. We do not want any Garret stench going forward.

Xeven

Reaction score
I don’t know, maybe something where a cheerleader is at center and 9 water boys lined up on the edges? Cheer leader is there as distraction. =).

Staubacher

Reaction score
Who is going to foolish enough to hire Moore as HC? The stat line on the Cowboys offense is they need to run to be successful. Moore doesn't even follow the proven, statistical recipe for success. Pollard was a big loss, but to not give Davis an opportunity to get some carries was ridiculous. Instead, Moore runs some doomed zone read play expecting Davis to be a blocker and they get blown up by a blitzing DB.
The league knows how limited Dak is. That's why they're impressed with Moore putting up big offensive numbers. And he's 5-1 with Cooper Rush.

That's why Moore keeps getting HC interviews.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Two seasons in a row, we had a last play in the playoffs that was insanely stupid gimmicky. NFL OC's don't do that. High school and college ones do. Moore needs to be canned if he isn't hired away.
That was just embarrassing. I mean, at least try to win.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unfortunately, he isn’t going anywhere. I don’t think any team, college or pro, has even asked for an interview. Jerry doesn’t admit mistakes and he will ride with KM for awhile. Also, they don’t want a new offense for our mensa QB to try and learn :thumbdown:
Carolina interviewing him today for hc

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Hes God awful, I'd rather pick up a guy off the street. I'd rather stick with kellen.
Maybe, I don't know in depth about the guy, but I know he had a heck of a good thing going in Seattle for a while. I also know established coordinator candidates will want to bring their own staffs with them. Is MM ready to go though possible scheme changes, move on from his long term position coaches like Philbin, etc? Is Jerry OK paying the bill of letting go of current guys under contract and hiring a whole new staff on one side of the ball? I think the most likely scenario for either coordinator role is to hire from within for this reason. Schottenheimer just feels like a more natural OC fit than moving a Joe Philbin or Robert Prince into that role.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Who is going to foolish enough to hire Moore as HC? The stat line on the Cowboys offense is they need to run to be successful. Moore doesn't even follow the proven, statistical recipe for success. Pollard was a big loss, but to not give Davis an opportunity to get some carries was ridiculous. Instead, Moore runs some doomed zone read play expecting Davis to be a blocker and they get blown up by a blitzing DB.
they need to move on from kellen moore he needs to be gone what ever it takes and dak as well as soon as they can find a replacement