Assuming Moore leaves, who do you think will be a candidate for OC?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
You don't think he's coveted? I can understand a fans view, it's the same as mine. But the idea is who would you pick and why.
Not going to get any current OCs so I would like to hear what Jim Bob Cooter's vision would be for the Cowboys offense. He was with a very productive Stafford in Detroit as OC.

Aven8

Reaction score
Unfortunately, he isn’t going anywhere. I don’t think any team, college or pro, has even asked for an interview. Jerry doesn’t admit mistakes and he will ride with KM for awhile. Also, they don’t want a new offense for our mensa QB to try and learn :thumbdown:
He interviewed with Carolina on Friday I believe for HC

GINeric

Reaction score
I agree with most, but do you think there's no appeal throughout the league because of how prolific the offense was for most of the year? Some with a back up? I think that's what saves McCarthy for another year.

We won games in spite of having KM. Haven't you heard what our opposing defenders have said about our offensive formations???

They said they pretty much knew what we were doing. You know why??? Because or formations were basic, the personnel coming in made certain plays look predictable.

Did you see the formation changes and pre-snap motion the 49ers were doing??? Also the creativity of offenses like the Chiefs, Eagles, etc??? KM offense is bland. I want his dumb *** gone.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd keep an eye on Brian Schottenheimer. His name pretty much fell off the radar after being associated with the Jags offense last year, but was a bit of an up and coming coordinator prior to that on some of those Seattle teams that ran the ball at will. Plus it doesn't hurt that he's on staff with the cowboys now.
Hes God awful, I'd rather pick up a guy off the street. I'd rather stick with kellen.

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
I'd keep an eye on Brian Schottenheimer. His name pretty much fell off the radar after being associated with the Jags offense last year, but was a bit of an up and coming coordinator prior to that on some of those Seattle teams that ran the ball at will. Plus it doesn't hurt that he's on staff with the cowboys now.
No thanks. No more Coryell. Teams are so used to defending it, they don’t have to have DBs chase WRs anymore. They just stand in the place the gametape tells them the route will go. (Vic Fangio and Eberflus from 2018).
Please let us join the 2020s.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We won games in spite of having KM. Haven't you heard what our opposing defenders have said about our offensive formations???

They said they pretty much knew what we were doing. You know why??? Because or formations were basic, the personnel coming in made certain plays look predictable.

Did you see the formation changes and pre-snap motion the 49ers were doing??? Also the creativity of offenses like the Chiefs, Eagles, etc??? KM offense is bland. I want his dumb *** gone.
I'd like to see improved route concepts.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I hope they take him!
Like I said, I welcome a change. We've all heard the offense is predictable. We have fans here that pick up more of what's goig on.
So who?

fifaguy

Reaction score
Like I said, I welcome a change. We've all heard the offense is predictable. We have fans here that pick up more of what's goig on.
So who?
I agree with the sentiment. Unfortunately the Cowboys coaching won't be consulting with me on who they end up hiring haha. My opinion is basically rendered useless on that subject. But, I don't expect them to make any changes in staff unless Quinn earns himself a hc job elsewhere. Moore will be here for awhile. He's Jason Garrett 2.0 (Jerry's favorite toy).