Astroworld Festival Deaths

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Not to make light of a tragic situation, but all those props they've shown on the news such as the crazy giant head remind me of some 80's metal band, not a hip hop pop artist. Times change I guess.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Not to make light of a tragic situation, but all those props they've shown on the news such as the crazy giant head remind me of some 80's metal band, not a hip hop pop artist. Times change I guess.
Probably because they based it off a painting that dipicted the mouth of hell - Hieronymus Bosch's famous painting Christ in Limbo.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More news out about the security company. They did have the required number of personnel and they were placed in the proper locations. No way those people could have planned on a mob surge like that with people actually ignoring and even stepping on people that were falling.

This was a case of exactly what happened on 1/6, those there to provide protection and security were outmanned and no one thought it could get that bad. Same with Houston, what happened was preventable but not by those security personnel as some were trapped inside the mob.

Changes were made after the Who incident in Cincinnati regarding general admission and they are going to have to address these festival type concerts and venues.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A 9-year-old is in an induced coma because his dumb father brought his son...father of the year...
That's not fair, lukey. There's no way his Dad could have thought something like that would happen.

There is a Coldplay concert from Seattle on Amazon and in that is a mother who brings her 6 year old son to the show for his birthday and Martin brings him up on stage.

People have been taking their kids to outdoor shows for years without something like this happening and that 9 year old was with his father who couldn't save him so I can only imagine the feeling within that crowd where people said they couldn't even lift their arms and some were lifted off their feet by the crowd.

What does it say about a mob that literally tramples people to death including children? The blame will fall on the artist, promoter, venue and security but the real blame is on what that gathering of people became.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The real blame is on the concert goers and their selfishness.

Those who didn’t get there early felt entitled to good spots anyways. They pushed their way forward and crowded those who had staked out their spots long ahead of time. This has happened to me a lot at concerts and festivals. I will show up long before it starts to get a good spot. And then shortly before it begins, others feel entitled to good spots too and they squeeze themselves in however they can. It’s very frustrating. Unfortunately in this event, people’s selfishness cascaded into deaths of many others.

triplets_93

Reaction score
In wake of Astroworld tragedy, Texas creates new task force on concert safety

The state appears to have minimal oversight over events like the Astroworld concert. And some cities are more stringent than others.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/11/10/astroworld-texas-concert-safety/
“Once the permit is given, all responsibilities are passed” to the event runners, said Benny Agosto, a lawyer representing two adults and two minors who said they were trampled at the concert and have sued Travis Scott; Scott’s record label, Cactus Jack; and concert promoter ScoreMore.

When it comes to large promoters like Live Nation, officials who grant permits often trust that the companies know what they’re doing, said Steve Allen, a U.K.-based event security consultant with the firm Crowd Safety — though hundreds of people have died or been injured at Live Nation events in the past, according to the Houston Chronicle.

> Live Nation is a publicly traded company and answers to stock holders.

triplets_93

Reaction score
I thought it was a meme when I first saw it, but why would McDonald's Corp. link up with gutter-mouthed Travis Scott for a "Travis Scott Meal" ?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought it was a meme when I first saw it, but why would McDonald's Corp. link up with gutter-mouthed Travis Scott for a "Travis Scott Meal" ?

I assume they've pulled those just like State Farm went all Mahomes.

And I agree, this guy is not someone that should have been their spokesperson but who are they really appealing to?

triplets_93

Reaction score
Harris County will not be conducting independent third-party investigation into Astroworld Fest

https://www.khou.com/article/news/s...ival/285-3d05ce7c-90a1-4a17-a642-c6092e03a6fd

After nearly two hours of discussion in an executive session on Monday, Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo said she didn’t get the three votes she needed for her proposal. Instead, Harris County Administrator David Berry will be doing his own review.

"I still think that we should do more. ... The responsible thing is to take a big-picture look at all the things that happened," Hidalgo said. "I pushed as hard as I could. That’s why we were in there for so long and made every argument under the sun and this is what we came out with."

San Antonio attorney Thomas J. Henry says he's representing nearly 300 people in a massive $2 billion lawsuit following the Astroworld tragedy.

chagus

Reaction score
He's a bad father because he brought his son to a concert to try and give his son a long lasting memory with his dad? While yes, the results are unfortunate, it's not like he took him there expecting the crowd to go bezerk. Sorry I don't agree with your judgment here. I've been to a ton of concerts in my life with zero incident and I would absolutely have taken my daughter to one had an opportunity ever arose.

Long lasting memory of crappy music.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Long lasting memory of crappy music.
Hey, I'm not going to argue that from my perspective, but to each their own. We all like different things. It what makes us human, to our strengths and our weaknesses.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Travis Scott, the artist. As the face of the festival, he does hold liability. But it's a whole lot of layers to this and quite a few people will be shelling out cash. But it would be really great if they actually tried to arrest some of the folks who did the actual trampling.

But billion dollar lawsuits? 750 Million dollar lawsuits?
And it's folks trying to sue who wasn't even there, because they were traumatized too. Traumatized by what exactly???

It's honestly gotten beyond ridiculous, IMO. Daily news reports from legal eagles making bold assertions beyond the immediate injuries and compensation of their clients.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Some of his music is OK, if you like hip hop, and I like all kinds of music, including hip hop. But this does suck. Not only was there an opiate problem in the crowd whether someone was injecting others or not... could be a key issue.

The other problem is this was undoubtedly a super spreader.