At 23 Zeke is in decline

Piledriver

Reaction score
Zekes rookie year will remain his pinnacle of success , his ceiling ...

Gone is the zip ... gone are his catch & run swing pass greatness ...

Gone is the burst - the burst that wow’s you ...

Is he washed up ? No ! Is he ineffective?no!

He’s a rumbler now ... 3,4,2,3,9....

He’s no longer top 5

Bell
Gurley
Fournette
Barkley
Johnson

He’s more Derrick Henry like these days ...

Why ? He’s never been the sane since the 6 game suspension.

Our OL has never been the same since the loss of Ron Leary .

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Zekes rookie year will remain his pinnacle of success , his ceiling ...

Gone is the zip ... gone are his catch & run swing pass greatness ...

Gone is the burst - the burst that wow’s you ...

Is he washed up ? No ! Is he ineffective?no!

He’s a rumbler now ... 3,4,2,3,9....

He’s no longer top 5

Bell
Gurley
Fournette
Barkley
Johnson

He’s more Derrick Henry like these days ...

Why ? He’s never been the sane since the 6 game suspension.

Our OL has never been the same since the loss of Ron Leary .
Take out Barkleys 68 yard touchdown and he is averaging 2.35 yards a carry

joseephuss

Reaction score
It is funny that of all the other running backs you listed that only Gurley(150 yds) has more rushing yards than Elliott(147 yds) so far this season. Gurley also has 7 more rushing attempts and is averaging 3.8 yards per carry. Where has Gurley demonstrated some great explosion?

Bell hasn't even reported to the Steelers.

Fournette can't stay healthy and the little he did play this season didn't show some great explosion.

Johnson is off to an extremely slow start to his season.

It has been two games. That is not enough to predict the season and results. If it is then everybody missed out on the running back for the 49ers. Elliott will be fine. Actually, Elliott is already doing fine.

Piledriver

Reaction score
I want to be wrong and it’s partly due to our drop in OL greatness , however - the fact remains - it’s been quite too long since zeke went big ...went big td day ... caught a long gain pass ...

John Mara & co got their 6 games ...And he’s not been the same.

Rayman70

Reaction score
While Zeke looks to bulky IMO...maybe he's lifting to many weights,but this thread is ridiculous. Zeke is a hammer that has long speed,power. He's not a scat back. I would like to see him lighter though,as I do see him as a bit slower than he should be. The caveat is, is this a product of Zeke,or the oline being out of sorts? I think the lack of real time action in Preseason has hurt him and Dak. Its showing. I think the rust is still there and we will see a much better Zeke and Dak as we go along. The league has to do something about these preseason games. I rather see just 2 games..that way the starters would likely play in both,at least a half. Four is too many.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I want to be wrong and it’s partly due to our drop in OL greatness , however - the fact remains - it’s been quite too long since zeke went big ...went big td day ... caught a long gain pass ...

John Mara & co got their 6 games ...And he’s not been the same.

Not been the same? He has only played in 4 games since his suspension. This is a ridiculous assessment. If you hold all those other backs you listed to the same standards you would see they have "regressed" as well.

Piledriver

Reaction score
You joined Aug 7, 2018 ......... how do you know anything about my opinion of Romo uness you are an ex banned Troll with a new name?
Because any fan with an honest view can see Zeke is lacking explosiveness.

Remember the dominant Zeke vs Pittsburgh?

Get me that guy again.

If you feel that’s trolling please move along to a rosier take that makes you feel cuddly.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
You joined Aug 7, 2018 ......... how do you know anything about my opinion of Romo uness you are an ex banned Troll with a new name?

Get me that guy again.

If you feel that’s trolling please move along to a rosier take that makes you feel cuddly.

Nice avoidance .......... Zeke was running great Sunday night with only 17 carries ....... I do not have time to explain how a RB like Zeke wears down a defence when you give him 20 + carries.

Rayman70

Reaction score

Get me that guy again.

admittedly..he's maybe too bulky and maybe rusty. He will get better.No worries. Sky isn't falling.

Piledriver

Reaction score
Nice avoidance .......... Zeke was running great Sunday night with only 17 carries ....... I do not have time to explain how a RB like Zeke wears down a defence when you give him 20 + carries.
An offensive line wears a D down - however Snacks Harrison manhandled our point of attack ... inexplicably we kept running at him.
Perhaps that’s because he couldn’t get round the outside either .

Rayman70

Reaction score
Preseason has hurt many teams out of the chute this year...be it injury and lack of cohesion. I think teams really don't hit there stride anymore til mid season as a result. Lets hope the losses are minimal by then. Vets are still shaking off the rust and learning the new players on every team. By week 7-8...we will be cookin with gas.