At 23 Zeke is in decline

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Zekes rookie year will remain his pinnacle of success , his ceiling ...

Gone is the zip ... gone are his catch & run swing pass greatness ...

Gone is the burst - the burst that wow’s you ...

Is he washed up ? No ! Is he ineffective?no!

He’s a rumbler now ... 3,4,2,3,9....

He’s no longer top 5

Bell
Gurley
Fournette
Barkley
Johnson

He’s more Derrick Henry like these days ...

Why ? He’s never been the sane since the 6 game suspension.

Our OL has never been the same since the loss of Ron Leary .
One of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard here and that’s saying a whole heck of a lot.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Zeke is still special. However, Barkley looks to be much better. Barkley reminds me of Barry Sanders. He has big thighs, quick lateral moves and cuts ad can accelerate fast. Zeke doesn't have lateral agility. He is more straight line speed. But that is OK. Plus, Dallas has not used him enough in the passing game STILL. I mean HELLO, Linehan, design a play where Zeke can be the #1 route please. A slant to the middle of the field, crossing routes, etc. Just dumping the ball off to him while he is standing at the LOS is getting pathetic.
BARKLEY BETTER? Boy,thats a leap pf faith lol....and only after 2 scant games. THAT is what I do not get...the sports media...SOME fans, already dumping on Zeke and putting this kid above him. Its just foolishness. Understand, they are 2 totally different types of players. One guy is a hammer with downhill long speed...that simply looks to punish you THEN run away from ya. The other player tends to bounce things outside and catches a ton more passes...more of a hybrid scat back type. So really is pick your poison. Both are awesome in their own right,but two different skillsets. Apples to oranges...Unfair to both.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

He’s no longer top 5

Bell
Gurley
Fournette
Barkley
Johnson

Zeke is ranked at #4 as of 9/3/18.

"With no pending suspension in sight (that we know of) and the Cowboys releasing Dez Bryant and presumably refocusing on the running game, Elliott is a lock for well over 300 total touches and double-digit touchdowns, making him one of the safest picks of the first round."

http://www.fftoday.com/rankings/playerrank.php?o=2&PosID=20

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Zeke is still special. However, Barkley looks to be much better. Barkley reminds me of Barry Sanders. He has big thighs, quick lateral moves and cuts ad can accelerate fast. Zeke doesn't have lateral agility. He is more straight line speed. But that is OK. Plus, Dallas has not used him enough in the passing game STILL. I mean HELLO, Linehan, design a play where Zeke can be the #1 route please. A slant to the middle of the field, crossing routes, etc. Just dumping the ball off to him while he is standing at the LOS is getting pathetic.
With all them moves and jukes Barkley got 27 yards rushing Sunday night. Stop it with he looks better than Zeke because at this point Barkley has only been hype

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
BARKLEY BETTER? Boy,thats a leap pf faith lol....and only after 2 scant games. THAT is what I do not get...the sports media...SOME fans, already dumping on Zeke and putting this kid above him. Its just foolishness. Understand, they are 2 totally different types of players. One guy is a hammer with downhill long speed...that simply looks to punish you THEN run away from ya. The other player tends to bounce things outside and catches a ton more passes...more of a hybrid scat back type. So really is pick your poison. Both are awesome in their own right,but two different skillsets. Apples to oranges...Unfair to both.
It is still early to say for sure. It was just my opinion from what I have seen. I never said Zeke was not good however. I think he is great and glad we have him.

roughneck266

Reaction score

He’s no longer top 5

Bell
Gurley
Fournette
Barkley
Johnson

Until the boys show a more effective passing game, the defenses are going to key on Zeke. Think about it, we have no "#1" receiver. Heck till this week, we only had a couple that even played for this team prior to week one. No Tight Ends that have proven their worth AT ALL. Why would they commit their resources there?
If we can improve the passing game to at least an average of say 225yds/game, then you will see a shift in the opponents priorities, or at least they will stop stacking the box.

GMO415

Reaction score
OP...you drunk?
tenor.gif