At least Jerry’s making money

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
This organization is worse than it ever looked today. Talking about how bad Jerry wants to win has become a joke. He can't and won't win which takes us to our next problem...

He's incompetent, and won't hire competent people. If he does happen to get some, like Joe Avezanno, he runs them off.
But he's too blind to see that...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is not taking my money. Only my time. Well I use that time win or lose. Actually less time now in losing. I skip over many threads, as I know what direction, or as soon as I see what the direction that are going, I skip them.

But Jerry is not getting any of my money, and he has not got any of it for a very long time. Then it was maybe $20 a few years ago.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Anything except giving up the GM role and bringing in someone who has a better chance of making it happen. If Jerry was truly invested in winning, as a few of you suggest, thats where he needs to make the first change to prove all the people who think he's only doing this for money are wrong. He even admitted himself that he sucks at the job, but refuses to give it up. What does that tell us?

It tells us that in his mind, if he's not the gm, then he won't get credit for the SB wins. You see, after all this time, if he did hire a gm and that gm won a SB, or SBs, then it would be so obvious to everybody, not just devoted and knowledgeable Cowboys fans like ourselves, that Jerry wasn't responsible for much, if any, of the 3 SB wins with him as the owner. That would make him a failure as a gm, again to everybody.

And Jerry can't stand failure, maybe more than any of us. I've failed at jobs and relationships over the years, yes it still bothers me to some degree, but not a lot.

But for some other gm to win a SB with Dallas would just destroy Jerry....

Scotman

Reaction score
Anything except giving up the GM role and bringing in someone who has a better chance of making it happen. If Jerry was truly invested in winning, as a few of you suggest, thats where he needs to make the first change to prove all the people who think he's only doing this for money are wrong. He even admitted himself that he sucks at the job, but refuses to give it up. What does that tell us?
True, he would trade just about anything that didn't cost him the credit.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't say he's all about money, I said he's making money which some apparently equate with great ownership. This organization can't look anymore lost right now, with no one at all to fix it, but at least he's driven?! That's the consensus with some. His deep desire to win! That's what's important in your thirst to find out what makes Jerry tick! lol
Who is equating making money with great ownership? :huh:

Jones has a deep desire to win. His methods for regaining championship quality teams has been through a narrow minded perspective, which he tries to tinker with by employing people to advise him (i.e.Wil McClay). That is one way of him undermining his own end goal. However, it does not negate his deep desire to win. Some people mistake actual results with what is banging around between his ears.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A: He is a narcissist.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It tells us that in his mind, if he's not the gm, then he won't get credit for the SB wins. You see, after all this time, if he did hire a gm and that gm won a SB, or SBs, then it would be so obvious to everybody, not just devoted and knowledgeable Cowboys fans like ourselves, that Jerry wasn't responsible for much, if any, of the 3 SB wins with him as the owner. That would make him a failure as a gm, again to everybody.

And Jerry can't stand failure, maybe more than any of us. I've failed at jobs and relationships over the years, yes it still bothers me to some degree, but not a lot.

But for some other gm to win a SB with Dallas would just destroy Jerry....
This is a perspective, based on long-time observation, that some people are completely unwilling to consider.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Jerry’s still making a profit off the Cowboys (TV revenue, team merchandise sales, brand partnerships, etc), just not as much as in a normal season.

the fan in game revenue is icing on the cake.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
This is your opinion, just like the original post is that guys opinion. There is no evidence that either one is right. One could easily argue that his opinion has more credence than yours. No need to be upset.

right. I mean we’re all in this together against the players money. No need to drag poor ol Jerry into this

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Sad when you really think about it. A failure on the field for 22 years and still get's compensated:facepalm: That was the real world he'd be on skid row somewhere.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy....the real architect of the Cowboys Superbowl run. The fact he is not in the ring of honor sez it all. JJ can't abide by admitting what he isn't or had never been.
Another good observation of how Jerry Jones thinks.

dckid

Reaction score
I didn't say he's all about money, I said he's making money which some apparently equate with great ownership. This organization can't look anymore lost right now, with no one at all to fix it, but at least he's driven?! That's the consensus with some. His deep desire to win! That's what's important in your thirst to find out what makes Jerry tick! lol
What makes you think he is driven to win? Please tell me?
I don't think he cares at all about winning a SB. It is priority #10. He has already done everything that he wanted with the Cowboys.
Bought them for 150 million, they are worth over 5 Billion, probably closer to 7 Billion. Especially during the time of Covid and the value of the dollar collapsing. An asset like an NFL team is unbeatable.
He is an HOF'r, won a SB in 95 so he can say we won without Jimmy, which is an abject lie. Dont fool yourself as you are the easiest to fool"
He has nothing to achieve, has three SB's in 30 years of ownership, highest revenue.
As long as the team is between 7-9 and 9-7 he is happy. ESPN, FS1 go crazy, SNF is all in.
Jerry wants the sizzle, not the steak. Winning a SB is not important at all. The Cowboys are a cash cow to him, plain and simple.
He does not want to go 3-13, he does not want the Cowboys to be an afterthought which they are this year. The last time he was embarrased was when he hired Parcells.
Two years ago the Jones family skipped the first two weeks of FA. When was the last time they really spent money on a FA? Brandon Carr?
Jerry has never been a big spender. Biggest FA's I can remember is Deion, TO, Ray Leonard Davis, Carr, Who am I missing?

Last edited:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I don't think he cares at all about winning a SB. It is priority #10. He has already done everything that he wanted with the Cowboys.
Bought them for 150 million, they are worth over 5 Billion, probably closer to 7 Billion. Especially during the time of Covid and the value of the dollar collapsing. An asset like an NFL team is unbeatable.
He is an HOF'r, won a SB in 95 so he can say we won without Jimmy, which is an abject like. "Dont fool yourself as you are the easiest to fool"
He has nothing to achieve, has three SB's in 30 years of ownership, highest revenue.
As long as the team is between 7-9 and 9-7 he is happy. ESPN, FS1 go crazy, SNF is all in.
Jerry wants the sizzle, not the steak. Winning a SB is not important at all. The Cowboys are a cash cow to him, plain and simple.
He does not want to go 3-13, he does not want the Cowboys to be an afterthought which they are this year. The last time he was embarrased was when he hired Parcells.
Two years ago the Jones family skipped the first two weeks of FA. When was the last time they really spent money on a FA? Brandon Carr?
Jerry has never been a big spender. Biggest FA's I can remember is Deion, TO, Ray Leonard Davis, Carr, Who am I missing?
Why buy the cow when you can have the milk for free? As long as Dallas Cowboy fans except this crap. What incentive is it to Jones to try and win? We are just as much of the problem as he is.

zerofill

Reaction score
Between ratings and attendance numbers this is literally the one year he probably isn't.

Nope... he is still making money. Plenty of it... the Dallas Cowboys are not the center of his money making. Need to read financials of that organization. I said it a couple times already... he has a buffer
built around the Cowboys. The Dallas Cowboys as a business, own a lot of things not related to Football. Which adds the smoke and mirrors and makes us the most valuable franchise in sports, because
of assets.

Make no mistake... as a businessman he is smart. As a GM he sucks...

The performance on the field does not drastically affect the organization itself.

dckid

Reaction score
Why buy the cow when you can have the milk for free? As long as Dallas Cowboy fans except this crap. What incentive is it to Jones to try and win? We are just as much of the problem as he is.
Well said... so what can we as fans do?
Start a go fund me to buy the team?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He is an HOF'r, won a SB in 95 so he can say we won without Jimmy, which is an abject lie. Dont fool yourself as you are the easiest to fool"

Your assumption is that the 3 SB wins has satisfied Jerry. Imho, that's wrong. You think Jerry doesn't know that many Cowboys fans, probably most, think/know that Jimmy was the architect of those teams, won 2 as coach and most of his players were still there in 1995, so that SB is also considered to be mostly Jimmy's doing?

Jerry thinks he's not given enough credit for those SBs, which in my view is the correct view. Jimmy spent 20 years in coaching, Jerry 20 years in the oil business, yet Jerry had just as much input, IN 4 YEARS, to win multiple SBs? IF that was the case, why no SBs since? Not even close to just GETTING there, let alone win.

We don't agree, that's fine, variety is the spice of life....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Good lord fans are stupid, stupid.

Superfan A would have hired the same guys this off-season and made the same moves as Jerry.
He should have forced his SON to extend Dak, yes.
But he didn't lose him and he didn't lose anyone of note other than Byron Jones who they had coming off the bench 2 seasons earlier.
Jerry didn't pick Poe, nor McCoy and he isn't the GM nor the player personel guy.
He doesn't even head marketing anymore.
He's a figurehead to eat the dumbest people alive's vitriol.

Jerry just cut 50M worth of checks to create cap space for NEXT YEAR when he may not even be alive.
Just shut up if you can do no better than this.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing wrong with making money? Those that hang on his coattails to be happy are the one with the problem!