At least Jerry’s making money

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some people vent their frustration for the franchise's lack of playoff success by mentally equating Jerry Jones as someone whose sole ambition in life is making money. It is an easy alternative to critical thinking.

The harder choice is taking a step back and examining Jones as an individual, who is not necessarily Ebenezer Scrooge, and posing questions. What was Jones like before and after he bought the franchise? What were his motivations? What are his passions? How does he respond to others? What has he ever said publicly in tts totality? How did he conduct business managerially before and after he purchased an NFL franchise? What has been his past experiences in football before and after becoming an owner? How does he react to adoration and criticism? Etc.

Doing so can establish a more detailed picture about Jones and how (and why) he thinks the way he does. Jones has always been more than simple greed. The adage that people are more complex than one might first think is true for everyone, including Jones.

Well done. He’s not purely about the money. He truly wants to win more than anyone . Just only his way in which he’s directly credited along with celebrity status.

The revolutionary revenue streams he’s brilliantly implemented which those contributions earned induction into the HOF provided him the path to running football operations without being held directly accountable financially for the results on the field.

In the process it’s also provided the same for all NFL teams but fortunately for their franchises their owners haven’t pursued the same football passions ours so desperately cherishes.

dckid

Reaction score
Your assumption is that the 3 SB wins has satisfied Jerry. Imho, that's wrong. You think Jerry doesn't know that many Cowboys fans, probably most, think/know that Jimmy was the architect of those teams, won 2 as coach and most of his players were still there in 1995, so that SB is also considered to be mostly Jimmy's doing?

Jerry thinks he's not given enough credit for those SBs, which in my view is the correct view. Jimmy spent 20 years in coaching, Jerry 20 years in the oil business, yet Jerry had just as much input, IN 4 YEARS, to win multiple SBs? IF that was the case, why no SBs since? Not even close to just GETTING there, let alone win.

We don't agree, that's fine, variety is the spice of life....
Of course he is satisfied!!! That’s why he won’t hire a real GM. Iconic franchises don’t go 25 years before a SB win, let me correct that. 25 years since a 2nd round playoff win, 25 years since a championship game appearance.
No matter what you say about Dallas in the 80’s they still went to 4 straight title games 80-83.
The current Cowboys are much much much worst than the average fan believes or even wants to admit.
This is a broken culture and organization which is rotten to its core and I don’t believe it can be fixed.
We need a Mahomes type player to change it I really believe that.
Jerry missed in so many great coaches. Why can we not hire Shanahan, McVay, Kingsbury, or even a Reid type, Bills coach, or. Tomlin type.
Jerry needs to seriously step away. I preferred it when Jimmy was coach and Jerry would come to the sideline at the end of the game.

dckid

Reaction score
Well done. He’s not purely about the money. He truly wants to win more than anyone . Just only his way in which he’s directly credited along with celebrity status.

The revolutionary revenue streams he’s brilliantly implemented which those contributions earned induction into the HOF provided him the path to running football operations without being held directly accountable financially for the results on the field.

In the process it’s also provided the same for all NFL teams but fortunately for their franchises their owners haven’t pursued the same football passions ours so desperately cherishes.
Again nice statement and all but you are just talking about revenue streams... lol
Celebrity status?
What has he done to improve this team?

dckid

Reaction score
Good lord fans are stupid, stupid.

Superfan A would have hired the same guys this off-season and made the same moves as Jerry.
He should have forced his SON to extend Dak, yes.
But he didn't lose him and he didn't lose anyone of note other than Byron Jones who they had coming off the bench 2 seasons earlier.
Jerry didn't pick Poe, nor McCoy and he isn't the GM nor the player personel guy.
He doesn't even head marketing anymore.
He's a figurehead to eat the dumbest people alive's vitriol.

Jerry just cut 50M worth of checks to create cap space for NEXT YEAR when he may not even be alive.
Just shut up if you can do no better than this.
I think you are a bit lost. He still has the GM title, he still has a weekly show, he still has a post game press conference. He is 100% surrounded by yes people including his family and confidants. No one will tell him the current system is not working.
Who cares if he cut a 50 million dollar check? Spending money is part of being the owner. He also earns more revenue and profit. Not begrudging him just stating a fact.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Would you stop this nonsense.

Jerry is almost 80 years old and has made more money than he and several generations of jones can ever spend.
The old dude wants to win. He wants and needs the validation and credit from building and running a superbowl organization.
He would give up a large piece of his fortune if he could win a SB.

Before you say he doesnt want to win or he would turn it over to someone else to run, thats not him winning. Thats someone else winning just like he lived through in the Jimmy days.

Just another angry fan spitting venom on everything he can find in an effort to share his misery.

get a clue....Jerry just wants to win ? No. We have 25 years of proof that it’s more important for Jerry to get the credit than it is to win. Know who wants to win ? Robert Kraft and the Rooney’s. Those owners want to win without the pathological need to be the center of attention and get all the credit. Little Jerry needs validation. Even in the face of 25 years of not winning anything, Jerry never hires football GMs or Personnel guys to win.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think you are a bit lost. He still has the GM title, he still has a weekly show, he still has a post game press conference. He is 100% surrounded by yes people including his family and confidants. No one will tell him the current system is not working.
Who cares if he cut a 50 million dollar check? Spending money is part of being the owner. He also earns more revenue and profit. Not begrudging him just stating a fact.
Let me be very clear. You and people who think this are idiots.
This is the NFL. There is a salary cap and the only way for Jerry to truly make more money is to WIN. Each playoff game makes him money but a SB would make him a fortune.

Arguing he only cares about money but not winning is literally stupid and oxymoronic. Because winning makes MONEY.

Now remove head from butt and and find other things to cry about. Like how bad this team actually is right now.

Mr_437

Reaction score
That’s what’s important here! What a great owner!!!
I'll say this again... remember the training camp press conference to open the football season. The 1st thing out of Jerry's mouth was about fans in the stands.

Jerry about money not the football team, can you tell? Look at what's going on. Jerry been selling wolf tickets for 25 years.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
This organization will never win because of Jerry’s ego . He can never choose a coach that will out shine him and he never admits a mistake . He’s a cancer to the Cowboy’s chances for success . Ironically he’s the reason he’ll never achieve what he desires most .

visionary

Reaction score
At the request of CZ (here’s looking at you @DallasEast ) I have done done an ‘in depth’ analysis of what makes Bacterioides Jerryus so deadly and virulent . I will list those characteristics in order of importance for posterity:

1. Money. Make no mistake. In Jerry World money takes precedence over everything else. Yes, EVERYTHING else

2. Ego. This ego is no minor issue. This has been the major factor directly responsible for the Cowboys suckage for 25 years. Jerry is the second best modern day example of ‘the emperor’ has no clothes. This massive ego means that Jerry wants to win BUT ONLY IF HE GETS THE CREDIT. Winning itself is meaningless if he is not felt to be the force that makes it happen. Jerry is an ultimate narcissist. This means that expecting him to change or even to realize that he should change is ludicrous.

3. Winning: see above

I hope this clarifies everything

I will not be available for further clarifications

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Of course he is satisfied!!! That’s why he won’t hire a real GM

I don't agree, if you think so I've no problem with it, but nobody can know what Jerry really thinks, we're just putting out our view...

dckid

Reaction score
I don't agree, if you think so I've no problem with it, but nobody can know what Jerry really thinks, we're just putting out our view...
Ok let's throw some logic around this... If you were the owner of the Cowboys, which by the way is the most iconic brand in all of American professional sports.. or at least it was. You had no limit on hiring the best people in the front office, scouting, analytics department.
I would try to do what the Pats have done over the past 20 years, or what the Steelers have done. If from 95-2005 I wasn't able to do it my way I would hire the best and brightest and find a way to turn it around. The relevancy is fading away very quickly.. no matter how great the brand is it will fade away quick. Look at Notre Dame football, they used to be up there with with the iconic names but not winning a title since 88 will make the shine fade. Now most CFB fans don't really care.
This brand that Jerry lives and dies by.. and is his everything to me has faded. too many false starts, too many first round losses, too many Stephen A bits where he mocks them. Too many times where players want to come here and Jerry doesnt make it happen. The next 15-20 years these young players coming into the league won't really care about the Cowboys. I think its really the time to make a real tough decision, either accept the fact that we are no longer America's team, or put your ego to the side and really remake this team from the ground up.

dckid

Reaction score
get a clue....Jerry just wants to win ? No. We have 25 years of proof that it’s more important for Jerry to get the credit than it is to win. Know who wants to win ? Robert Kraft and the Rooney’s. Those owners want to win without the pathological need to be the center of attention and get all the credit. Little Jerry needs validation. Even in the face of 25 years of not winning anything, Jerry never hires football GMs or Personnel guys to win.
Thanks... some people believe the nonsense Jerry & company spew. Jimmy Johnson was the heart and soul of this franchise. Jerry threw it all away for his ego. Even if Jimmy was not going to stay 20 years, Jerry just blew it. We were so close to becoming Iconic and a real legacy for this great franchise but we have been stuck in the mud for 25 years. Personally me as a fan, I don't see a way out of the mess we are in... not with this front office. It's all just fake hope and optimism. We are never going to win another Super Bowl. We are not an elite franchise, we will become the Lions of the South for the next 50 years. A quarter of a century, a generation without a 2nd round playoff win. Even the Jaguars, Carolina have had more success than the Cowboys. This is so shameful that our front office just keeps resting on its laurels.
Hire a innovative GM and coach, turn the organization over to a Darryl Morey type. You can't have a half baked approach to fixing this team.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Ok let's throw some logic around this... If you were the owner of the Cowboys, which by the way is the most iconic brand in all of American professional sports.. or at least it was. You had no limit on hiring the best people in the front office, scouting, analytics department.
I would try to do what the Pats have done over the past 20 years, or what the Steelers have done. If from 95-2005 I wasn't able to do it my way I would hire the best and brightest and find a way to turn it around. The relevancy is fading away very quickly.. no matter how great the brand is it will fade away quick. Look at Notre Dame football, they used to be up there with with the iconic names but not winning a title since 88 will make the shine fade. Now most CFB fans don't really care.
This brand that Jerry lives and dies by.. and is his everything to me has faded. too many false starts, too many first round losses, too many Stephen A bits where he mocks them. Too many times where players want to come here and Jerry doesnt make it happen. The next 15-20 years these young players coming into the league won't really care about the Cowboys. I think its really the time to make a real tough decision, either accept the fact that we are no longer America's team, or put your ego to the side and really remake this team from the ground up.

Throw some logic at it? Jerry Jones is not Mr. Spock, he's a person, subject to all the human foibles, emotions and a view colored by 70-plus years of living.

The "If you were the owner...", "I would try..." "what the Pats have done" and "I think its really the time" statements are totally irrelevant to the reality we see.

That's not JERRY JONES.

Jerry's been without SBs or even NFC championship appearances since 1996, if he really was able to see that his way isn't going to work, he'd have made major changes YEARS ago. All that matters is what Jerry thinks, no one is going to change that. In the interview he just did where he got curt with the interviewer, he said it plain as day (not an exact quote, but you can look it up) "There's not a single decision made where I didn't have the final say".

That alone is about as strong an indication as you can get, in Jerry's mind he alone can bring this team back, and he doesn't give a rat's behind what ANYBODY else thinks, if it doesn't agree with his view. It's his way or the highway.

Logic has zero to do with it..

dckid

Reaction score
Throw some logic at it? Jerry Jones is not Mr. Spock, he's a person, subject to all the human foibles, emotions and a view colored by 70-plus years of living.

The "If you were the owner...", "I would try..." "what the Pats have done" and "I think its really the time" statements are totally irrelevant to the reality we see.

That's not JERRY JONES.

Jerry's been without SBs or even NFC championship appearances since 1996, if he really was able to see that his way isn't going to work, he'd have made major changes YEARS ago. All that matters is what Jerry thinks, no one is going to change that. In the interview he just did where he got curt with the interviewer, he said it plain as day (not an exact quote, but you can look it up) "There's not a single decision made where I didn't have the final say".

That alone is about as strong an indication as you can get, in Jerry's mind he alone can bring this team back, and he doesn't give a rat's behind what ANYBODY else thinks, if it doesn't agree with his view. It's his way or the highway.

Logic has zero to do with it..

Thanks for proving my point. Just watch all the glory days on Youtube, at least I saw the last three SB's.
I am still a fan but I am at the point of being a realist. We couldn't get it done during Parcells, or Romo's peak, or the Oline peak with Dak & Zeke, couldn't make it happen with Demarcus Ware. Pack it up folks. Jerry will never learn.
Just like any 12 stop program, the first step is to realize you have a problem. Jerry is stuck at step 0 because of his one year of success, barely beating Pitt in 1995. Truth hurts Cowboy fans.