AT&T Stadium aka The Dump (South)

Reid1boys

Reaction score
you won't see it cause you get your butt whipped showing up to those places in another teams uni...
another person talking out of their rear end. Been to Cleveland, wore my number 88. Been to Green Bay, wore my 88. Been to Giants/Metlife, wore my 88. been to old VETERANS stadium, wore my old number 12... dont tell me about how I will get beat up in those stadiums. You dont have a clue what you are talking about.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yep
It’s not like we don’t have fans travel to other stadiums just like all teams do
Fans who can afford it follow their team
That’s what makes the NFL so big
bingo. I live in Ca, been to LA for Chargers game, been to Giants and Philly games, coming to Thanksgiving game and will be in New Orleans the following week. I wont be wearing a Saints jersey.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
bingo. I live in Ca, been to LA for Chargers game, been to Giants and Philly games, coming to Thanksgiving game and will be in New Orleans the following week. I wont be wearing a Saints jersey.

Haven't been to a Saints home game. Have you been before? What is the % of Cowboys blue in the stands? Just curious because I know there's a ton of Cowboys fans there.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
At least for the Cowboys, DFW (and Texas in general) is home to many transplants. There are tons of other fans in this area/state of other teams so they may not all becoming directly from Colorado but from Houston, Austin, SA, etc.

I think the same applies to any major metropolitan area in the country like NY/LA.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Haven't been to a Saints home game. Have you been before? What is the % of Cowboys blue in the stands? Just curious because I know there's a ton of Cowboys fans there.
This will be our 3rd Cowboys game in New Orleans.
Id guess around 25% Cowboys fans in New Orleans. It is a fantastic place to watch a game. Stadium isnt all that big and it gets darn loud in there. We love going there.
We will attend every game the Cowboys play there, same with Seattle.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This will be our 3rd Cowboys game in New Orleans.
Id guess around 25% Cowboys fans in New Orleans. It is a fantastic place to watch a game. Stadium isnt all that big and it gets darn loud in there. We love going there.
We will attend every game the Cowboys play there, same with Seattle.

I haven't been to NO since Katrina. Used to love that place though - the food, booze, music and crazy atmosphere that's only Nawleans.

I came to this thread to defend our fans, now I just want to pick up and leave somewhere for the weekend. LOL

fivetwos

Reaction score
I've been to about 40 games at Texas Stadium and 5-6 at Jerry World.

It's the same crowd. The home folks anyway. They can be very quiet until the team has a lead or scores.

They tend to cheer when the team is moving the ball more so then when on defense, which isn't what you want.

Opening game vs Washington in 1992 is the loudest I've ever heard any Stadium and Ive seen Dallas play everywhere except St Louis and Oakland. I've also attended around 20 Yankee playoff and WS games during their peak years, and that was loud stuff....but not like that day. Texas Stadium was crazy....and by contrast the fans were pretty quiet during the NFC title game vs GB in 95.

They just aren't a crowd that's going to get the team going.....the team needs to get the crowd going.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Sounded like the Titans was playing in Tennessee instead of LA last night. Did not know they travelled that well.

DFWJC

Reaction score
At least for the Cowboys, DFW (and Texas in general) is home to many transplants. There are tons of other fans in this area/state of other teams so they may not all becoming directly from Colorado but from Houston, Austin, SA, etc.

I think the same applies to any major metropolitan area in the country like NY/LA.
Dallas is such a powerhouse business city (and Texas a powerhouse business state) that you are dead on.
So many come here for business/jobs and then end up staying.

Its not like Dallas has spectacular geography

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have had it with this giant silver turd. How many opposing teams fans does Booger have to show it off to until he applies methods that other teams do to limit tickets being acquired??? Can you imagine how much orange would have been present if Denver was 6-2 or 7-1 entering the game...this annual trek for visitors every year is sickening. Seriously....is it really that big of deal for us to play at home in the playoffs??? I NEVER feel like we truly have much more than a 50/50 advantage at The Dump (South)....which is pretty much what out record has been there. I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss Texas Stadium!!!
Maybe I'm unaware of this, but are you saying other teams somehow check to see if a person buying a ticket is a fan of the home or visiting team and limit how many go to fans of the visiting team? Even if that somehow does happen, how could they monitor that with Stub Hub, Ticketmaster etc … ?

mardwin

Reaction score
The only thing more pathetic than the team's preformance was the fact that the stadium was filled with oppossing teams fans for a mediocre Denver Broncos team that had lost 4 out of their last 5 games
It happens, some teams travel well. Like the Cowboys fans outside Texas.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Homefield hasn’t been much of an advantage for the Cowboys dating back to the last few years at Texas Stadium. We had a number one seeded team go one and done in that stadium back in 07 and we had another number one seeded team in 2016 go one and done in the new stadium.

CWR

Reaction score
I've been to about 40 games at Texas Stadium and 5-6 at Jerry World.

It's the same crowd. The home folks anyway. They can be very quiet until the team has a lead or scores.

They tend to cheer when the team is moving the ball more so then when on defense, which isn't what you want.

Opening game vs Washington in 1992 is the loudest I've ever heard any Stadium and Ive seen Dallas play everywhere except St Louis and Oakland. I've also attended around 20 Yankee playoff and WS games during their peak years, and that was loud stuff....but not like that day. Texas Stadium was crazy....and by contrast the fans were pretty quiet during the NFC title game vs GB in 95.

They just aren't a crowd that's going to get the team going.....the team needs to get the crowd going.

The game Emmitt broke the record the stadium was roaring for 15-20 minutes straight. We got the ball and he needed something like 12 yards or so. Everyone knew it was coming and it got loud right away. By the time he burst through the defense for the record breaking run the stadium was on fire, practically shaking. I cant imagine it much louder, but it's been some years and the details tend to exaggerate over time.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The game Emmitt broke the record the stadium was roaring for 15-20 minutes straight. We got the ball and he needed something like 12 yards or so. Everyone knew it was coming and it got loud right away. By the time he burst through the defense for the record breaking run the stadium was on fire, practically shaking. I cant imagine it much louder, but it's been some years and the details tend to exaggerate over time.
They CAN do it, but the team needs to make that happen, not the opposite.

Especially at a noon Sunday game. Everyone is in nice mode. Other cities have fans tailgating since dark and are all into it. Not like that in Dallas for the most part.

Hell it took so long to walk from those cash lots at Texas Stadium there was no time to tailgate lol.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
They CAN do it, but the team needs to make that happen, not the opposite.

Especially at a noon Sunday game. Everyone is in nice mode. Other cities have fans tailgating since dark and are all into it. Not like that in Dallas for the most part.

Hell it took so long to walk from those cash lots at Texas Stadium there was no time to tailgate lol.

Na, I'm with you. The hard cores are in the cheap seats. It does get loud, but it's not a rowdy crowd. I went to the NY game and was hoarse for nearly two weeks. Had some good fans around me, but we were in the 400s. Not the best view, but the company is legit.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Na, I'm with you. The hard cores are in the cheap seats. It does get loud, but it's not a rowdy crowd. I went to the NY game and was hoarse for nearly two weeks. Had some good fans around me, but we were in the 400s. Not the best view, but the company is legit.
Ha. Yeah....the upper level of Texas Stadium was a tremendous vantage point.

The upper level of Jerry World is a different atmosphere. They sell oxygen up there? Never been. The few times I go I actually spring for a little below face value day of game for 300 level.

That's what happens when there's three plus levels of luxury between the haves and have nots, but is what it is anymore.

Hopefully they ramp it on up for what is hopefully two home playoff games.

Reactions: CWR

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The stadium would be great if Dallas had a home field advantage. They just haven’t had a dominant run at home in a long time. I live in NY and go to a lot of Yankees games. That stadium is great to look at but it is way too corporate. Thus it has no home team feel it. It’s bad because the old Stadium was a rocking place. ATT is the same way but not to that degree. Team just needs to get grittier and develop home stadium swagger. It could happen.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I miss Texas Stadium as well but mostly because of the price of tickets. I’ve been to ONE game at AT&T after going to probably 15 games from 2000-2006.
I’ve been lucky enough to see the Cowboys play in all 3 venues of their history- Cotton Bowl, Texas Stadium and AT&T. My fave was hands down Texas Stadium. The fans were closer to the field and there was a true home field advantage there.

My least favorite is AT&T. By far. It feels more like a a shopping mall as opposed to a football field. And it’s just too big. Frankly, the only reason the “Stayjum” is that big is greed. Plain and simple.