AT&T Stadium: Homefield Disadvantage

erod

Reaction score
Opponent false starts would be my measure of choice
You don't see those much anymore with the guard tapping the center these days. That solved the problem for the most part.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I blame Rowdy.

4e68879bb917faa299b25ba02b4cac5c--cowboys-football-football-team.jpg

Last SB was 1995. Rowdy appeared in 1996....coincidence, I think not. ROWDY MUST GO.....Jerry, just do it now please!!!

TheHerd

Reaction score
It's all my fault. My first son was born literally at the turning point of the Cowboys destiny. 1996, Nov 24th, playing the Giants. They had won 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls and 6 of the last 7 games, including emotional wins over the 49ers and Packers the previous 2 weeks. They were leading the Giants 3-0 when he was born. They went on to lose that game, Aikman threw 2 picks and Emmitt had like 20 yards. They did recover to win the East, but they lost in round 2 of the playoffs, and obviously no Super Bowls since.

links18

Reaction score
It's all my fault. My first son was born literally at the turning point of the Cowboys destiny. 1996, Nov 24th, playing the Giants. They had won 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls and 6 of the last 7 games, including emotional wins over the 49ers and Packers the previous 2 weeks. They were leading the Giants 3-0 when he was born. They went on to lose that game, Aikman threw 2 picks and Emmitt had like 20 yards. They did recover to win the East, but they lost in round 2 of the playoffs, and obviously no Super Bowls since.

I remember that game. Deion fumbled a sure TD away near the goal line.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Wasn't dallas 7-1 at home last year.
They lost the opener to the Giants and then the playoff lost to greenbay. So 7-2 counting the playoffs.
I think home field is more important the younger your team is.
May it be kind to us again this year.

I will tell this. Last years playoff game against gb was the loudest sporting event I've ever attended. Could not talk to the person right beside you for the noise. Unbelievable what Rodgers did in the closing seconds in that environment
Well, considering one of his offensive linemen was allowed to hang on David Irving's back and place him in virtually a chokehold. Yeah, amazing.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I remember that game. Deion fumbled a sure TD away near the goal line.

Yup. I wouldn't trade Z for all the Super Bowls since, but I do accept responsibility for the drought. He's about to leave the house, so maybe we'll be back now!

bark

Reaction score
Well, considering one of his offensive linemen was allowed to hang on David Irving's back and place him in virtually a chokehold. Yeah, amazing.
Yeah we definitely got a good jobbing by the refs in that game.
I was mainly praising the home crowd more than Rodgers. It was amazing they even got the snap off in that environment

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
How good the team is from year to year is always a factor.

That makes too much sense.

In all fairness to the OP though, we don't have a HFA because we play in a vacuum. There's nothing unique or different about our field or conditions. The Old Texas Stadium used to be unbearably hot and the field bowed in the center. Things teams can adjust to, sure. But still a challenge initially.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That makes too much sense.

In all fairness to the OP though, we don't have a HFA because we play in a vacuum. There's nothing unique or different about our field or conditions. The Old Texas Stadium used to be unbearably hot and the field bowed in the center. Things teams can adjust to, sure. But still a challenge initially.
What about the sunlight situation? Did we ever put a curtain up?

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
I have been consistently told by other fans behind me to sit down during the game. I can't stand AT&T because of it and always look for seats on the last row of the section so I can stand without being hassled. I don't mind if people sit down, just don't get angry at a fan who is willing to actively add to the homefield advantage than sit down and watch the game by looking at the jumbotron.

Section446

Reaction score
I have been consistently told by other fans behind me to sit down during the game. I can't stand AT&T because of it and always look for seats on the last row of the section so I can stand without being hassled. I don't mind if people sit down, just don't get angry at a fan who is willing to actively add to the homefield advantage than sit down and watch the game by looking at the jumbotron.
It's not just Cowboys Stadium, I've had a similar experience in all but two stadiums.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Every stadium has at least somewhat of a home field advantage because at the very least you don't have to play your opponent on their field.
Risen star---you watching game tonight?...if Dallas lays an egg it will greatly impact the rest of the year in my opinion...conversely if Dallas wins by more than 7 then the Denver game can be rated a fluke and we are back in the saddle..just my humble opinion

plasticman

Reaction score
Every stadium has at least somewhat of a home field advantage because at the very least you don't have to play your opponent on their field.
And they did, from 1971-2008. Every team won at least 5% more games at home.

However, from 2009 to present, there are 4 teams where the difference was under 3%. The other two teams besides the two in the negative, Cowboys and Bucs, are the Eagles and Dolphins.

The overall average for both periods of time is in the 15% range, so the overall degree of homefield advantage on the NFL hasn't changed.

In. Other words, since 1970, the average NFL football team has won 15% more of their home games than their away games.

Titleist

Reaction score
Only been to AT&T once but when I did I noticed that a lot of "fans" were loud on Cowboys offensive drives and then sat down or went to get a hot dog when we were on defense. Never really understood that one

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
What about the sunlight situation? Did we ever put a curtain up?

I guess that would be the one thing when he have those mid afternoon games. Forgot about that.

Surprisingly, it seems like we haven't adjusted to that at all.

I like that everyone suffers though:D

rynochop

Reaction score
I've been to a couple of Texans games and it's just as quiet for the most part as ATT, kind of ironic that the stereotypical Texan is some rowdy hick. Instead it's a bunch of cheese eating Chardonnay sipping yuppies at the game.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Then your son must destroy the 'rowdy' mascot costume by the dark of the next waning moon,,,it must be doneo_O
:starspin: