At the end of the day

Sydla

Reaction score
I am not too worried about the offense. Certainly some questions and issues that need working out but I struggle to believe an OL with that kind of talent and a TB like Elliott with solid weapons at WR will struggle. I think Dak will improve.

The D scares me. Lawrence has been great but we still lack a pass rush consistent enough for my liking. We are now in a situation where we need rookies to make major impacts in the secondary. That's a lot to ask of them.

While I believe the offense will find its way, it may have to do it quickly because I am concerned that this D is going to continue to be an issue all season.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
One of the best comments here about Sunday's game. Let me add this: the Cowboys beat the Cardinals next Monday Night, and this Broncos debacle is the farthest thing from our minds.

The offense will certainly bounce back. And once they do, that will take care of the defense since they won't be on the field much.

Sydla

Reaction score
One of the best comments here about Sunday's game. Let me add this: the Cowboys beat the Cardinals next Monday Night, and this Broncos debacle is the farthest thing from our minds.

The offense will certainly bounce back. And once they do, that will take care of the defense since they won't be on the field much.

As I said in another thread, I never imagined I'd be excited for Moore to come off suspension.

erod

Reaction score
I am not too worried about the offense. Certainly some questions and issues that need working out but I struggle to believe an OL with that kind of talent and a TB like Elliott with solid weapons at WR will struggle. I think Dak will improve.

The D scares me. Lawrence has been great but we still lack a pass rush consistent enough for my liking. We are now in a situation where we need rookies to make major impacts in the secondary. That's a lot to ask of them.

While I believe the offense will find its way, it may have to do it quickly because I am concerned that this D is going to continue to be an issue all season.

I agree fully, but I do very much want Dak to put my concerns to rest soon. So far, he looks unsettled, and 5-for-38 on third down during the last three road games needs to be rectified.

Aven8

Reaction score
I'm more concerned about getting blown off the ball on D and the crappy tackling as well. That's not like Marinelli. I will chalk it up as just a bad day. When Witt is dropping TD's right in his hands you know it's a bad day all around!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Much as I don't want to say it... unless weird things happen, this won't be our year to win everything.
And that's okay. sometimes the journey is longer than a Season, or two.

Hey! I'm doing my best to enjoy this journey! Rawr!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

As much as we dont want to we have to think the long game with the D. There are reasons to be excited, and I truly think we will have a very good defense by 2018. There reason is that we have added alot of young talent this season ( including reshirts Tapper amd Smith). However we cant expect that talent to just take over this season. Its just not how it works

Corso

Reaction score
I'm more concerned about getting blown off the ball on D and the crappy tackling as well. That's not like Marinelli. I will chalk it up as just a bad day. When Witt is dropping TD's right in his hands you know it's a bad day all around!
And Lee whiffing on tackles repeatedly and Witten giving one of the worst blocking performances of his entire life...
This looked like the Planets were aligned in disfavor to our team. It was so strange...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Much as I don't want to say it... unless weird things happen, this won't be our year to win everything.

We are in the chase, but we will fall short this time around. But I think over the next 2 to 3 seasons you are going to see the team become more balanced

Aven8

Reaction score
And Lee whiffing on tackles repeatedly and Witten giving one of the worst blocking performances of his entire life...
This looked like the Planets were aligned in disfavor to our team. It was so strange...

Maybe no one could breathe!!

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

tumblr_inline_nu6xu8SKRx1sc7vxy_500.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
You thought the pass rush was fixed this off season? It's improved but all along we knew it is a work in progress.

Moore and Irving will help when they get back on the field.

I never said it was fixed. In fact I've said its a big mistake the FO made this offseason. We are now just the fruits of the lack of addressing the real issue at DE.

Sydla

Reaction score
As much as we dont want to we have to think the long game with the D. There are reasons to be excited, and I truly think we will have a very good defense by 2018. There reason is that we have added alot of young talent this season ( including reshirts Tapper amd Smith). However we cant expect that talent to just take over this season. Its just not how it works

My issue with this is we were a 13-3 team that was likely a real pass rush from being a SB contender.

It's hard to then say don't worry about 2017, we need to look to 2018. And frankly I still don't see a dominant pass rush in 2018 either unless they surprise and sign a big name FA.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

I don't expect us to win the SB this year. I just expect improvement. Can't regress to 8-8 or 7-9.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My issue with this is we were a 13-3 team that was likely a real pass rush from being a SB contender.

It's hard to then say don't worry about 2017, we need to look to 2018. And frankly I still don't see a dominant pass rush in 2018 either unless they surprise and sign a big name FA.
I think you could see a markedly better pass rush in 2018. I think they will tag Lawrence. He could sleep walk to 10 sacks at this point, and I dont see them letting a 10 sack guy just walk. Taco will be more seasoned (no pun) at that point and will have a large pass rush arsenal as well more consistency rushing with a plan, both things that he is having issues with now (Note: Im a bigger Taco supporter then most). Add in more development from Tapper and hopefully a full season of Irving and I think you could see a greatly improved pass rush in 2018. I believe Moore is under contract as well if he shows up this season.

As far as 2017, your absolutely right in that they could have improved there odds by by really beefing up the rush. But they didnt. Frustrating yes, but nothing you can really do about it

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We knew in advance that we'd be competing against some good QBs this season, so there's that to consider. As it turns out, we may be making some of them look a bit better than they actually are. It happens when your pass rush isn't exactly the cat's meow. I think it'll get better, though.

Corso

Reaction score
They ought to have training camp in Albuquerque every year...the elevation there is almost a mile high. They would be in hella good shape.
And it's a great city! I'm thinking of moving there myself...