At the end of the day

waving monkey

Reaction score
I'll give a bum game but I'm not liking what Is being reported about Zeek.
His definitely over weight and if the camera's aren't lying he's sulking.
We all know the circumstances I expect him to work it out.
The defense isn't there yet. We need another defensive draft but we also need
a WR soon.Dez I barely know ya.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
And Lee whiffing on tackles repeatedly and Witten giving one of the worst blocking performances of his entire life...
This looked like the Planets were aligned in disfavor to our team. It was so strange...
The closest thing to Sunday's game that I can recall is the *** whooping that GB put on us that got Wade Phillips fired. Don't want to see another one of those for a long, long, loooong time!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The closest thing to Sunday's game that I can recall is the *** whooping that GB put on us that got Wade Phillips fired. Don't want to see another one of those for a long, long, loooong time!
Fully agreed on that.
I have many things to say upon this, but what good will any of that do?

There are smarter football minds here that can articulate what I would like to say and they've already started.

I'm just going to stay in my cave and do what I do from here.

NOOOOOOOOW: Onto our Boys beating the Cards...

willia451

Reaction score
The problem out here is group think. One guy says everything is going to be ok. And the rest of the peeps that want to believe it pile on.

In case you haven't been keeping up with current events............the Cowboys just got stomped. Blown out. Humiliated. Embarrassed. BTFO. Literally almost everyone on the team from the coaches to the players to the owner sucked.

They beat the Giants. Yes. But so has everyone else.

There is nothing to be positive about.

The Cowboys have a tough game on the road against a team they struggle to beat coming up. If the Cowboys win and I hope they do, then maybe we can start discussing what 2017 may or may not be.

If they lose, the Cowboys are in very serious trouble.

And that is just where the Cowboys are today. So we'll see.

conner01

Reaction score
You thought the pass rush was fixed this off season? It's improved but all along we knew it is a work in progress.

Moore and Irving will help when they get back on the field.
Getting Irving back will be huge. He has the ability to wreak havoc and with Dlaw playing well teams won't be able to concentrate on just one
The youngsters will be up and down but that's part of playing young guys
A good pass rush will help them considerably
Few teams can sell out to stop the run and still cover our receivers so most teams just can't do what Denver did. They can try but few have the ability

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the best comments here about Sunday's game. Let me add this: the Cowboys beat the Cardinals next Monday Night, and this Broncos debacle is the farthest thing from our minds.

The offense will certainly bounce back. And once they do, that will take care of the defense since they won't be on the field much.

Some young guys did some good things and looked like they'll get better.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Much as I don't want to say it... unless weird things happen, this won't be our year to win everything.
And that's okay. sometimes the journey is longer than a Season, or two.

Hey! I'm doing my best to enjoy this journey! Rawr!

It feels like we have been saying this for awhile but that defense just never pans out.

Maybe they will regroup and shock us all but I have to agree, just enjoy the ride.

plymkr

Reaction score
I agree fully, but I do very much want Dak to put my concerns to rest soon. So far, he looks unsettled, and 5-for-38 on third down during the last three road games needs to be rectified.
Dak is fine, the offense is fine, Dez is fine, Elliot is fine and a bit immature, Lee is fine, the offensive line is fine, Garrett is fine. The defense is a concern with little pass rush and the secondary is banged up.

My assessment is this was one game and we sucked in every area besides punting and place kicking. All teams get beat soundly once a year or so. New England got it's teeth kicked in by the Chiefs the first game of the season and they're still a contender. Teams lose in the NFL. No biggie. We lost to a very good AFC team on the road. We got caught not being ready to play. Got our butts handed to us but overall it's an AFC team that will not effect the breakers. It happens to everyone.

Now if we lay an egg against a struggling cardinals team then I will start getting concerned, but this past week doesn't stress me out. It happens. Fortunately we are not used to losing and when we do it hurts pretty bad.

We'll be okay, we'll come out and blast the Cardinals and then everything will be right with the world.