At this point, what other moves need to be made?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree but for purposes of this thread an upgrade there would do the trick
That would all depend on the blocking upfront. If the OL improves with these young players, we might be able to get by with what we have at RB. If we can’t get anything going in the running game once the season starts we’ll probably look to make a trade.

starfan1

Reaction score
That would all depend on the blocking upfront. If the OL improves with these young players, we might be able to get by with what we have at RB. If we can’t get anything going in the running game once the season starts we’ll probably look to make a trade.
I’m going with the assumption that Beebe and Hoffman are an upgrade at center , Steele another year removed from his injury and guyton by all accounts looking the part of 1st round lineman we are going to be better at blocking

I’ll remain positive till they show me they suck and I’ll agree I think we can get by with what we have

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m going with the assumption that Beebe and Hoffman are an upgrade at center , Steele another year removed from his injury and guyton by all accounts looking the part of 1st round lineman we are going to be better at blocking

I’ll remain positive till they show me they suck and I’ll agree I think we can get by with what we have
Just to be clear, I’m not sure if we can get by with what we have at RB. That will be determined when the season starts. We could have a situation at RB like we did at WR a few years ago where we entered the season with a questionable receiving group and were forced to trade for Cooper. I’m not going to assume anyone is going to be an upgraded at center until I see them perform in the regular season.

gtb1943

Reaction score
IF you have a really good O line and a good OL coach you can make ordinary backs 1000 yd guys. For years the broncos were able to do it; once they had four players in for years each gain a thousand yards and that was back when it was harder to do.
I think Zeke can still get the tough yards and one of the other guys should be able to get enough to make the D worry about it. Do that and you will have what you really need.

starfan1

Reaction score
Just to be clear, I’m not sure if we can get by with what we have at RB. That will be determined when the season starts. We could have a situation at RB like we did at WR a few years ago where we entered the season with a questionable receiving group and were forced to trade for Cooper. I’m not going to assume anyone is going to be an upgraded at center until I see them perform in the regular season.
Valid points . I think Beebe is a definite upgrade over biadaiz but your correct in they have to prove it on the field

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Valid points . I think Beebe is a definite upgrade over biadaiz but your correct in they have to prove it on the field
From listening to reports at training camp Brock Hoffman could start ahead of him at center, which may come as a disappointment to many fans. However, Beebe could overtake him at some point once he gains more experience.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
We got some bargain bin DTs. Don't know where the confidence comes from.

So as far as I'm concerned we need a high profile DT and RB. If Jerry thinks they still have a Superbowl window he needs to invest 1st and 2nd Rd draft picks.

Winning a Superbowl by only drafting and recruiting worn out has beens will NEVER work.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A really good GM. That would help a LOT
Announcer: Bud Light Presents: Real Men of Genius
Singer: Real Men of Genius!
Announcer: Today we salute YOU, Mr. GM for Life Poser
Singer: Mr. GM for Life Poser!
Announcer: Without your undying commitment, we might see your team advance to an NFC championship game
Singer: Oh, what a sight to see!
Announcer: Like a dedicated manager, you let players dictate contracts and doodle at owners' meetings
Singer: Look at that scribble!
Announcer: Should you call the player's agent? Or email an offer in crayon?
Singer: Keep drawing!
Announcer: While other GMs get canned, you can’t, because somewhere there’s a qualified candidate waiting for the call you will never make. So CRACK open a nice cold Bud Light, Mr. GM for Life Poser. Because you can be all-in without Johnnie Walker Blue Label.
Singer: Slow down old fella!

Announcer: Bud Light Beer, Anheuser Busch, St. Louis, Missouri