At this point, what other moves need to be made?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good luck finding an RB any better than what we have. We had an opportunity in free agency and possibly the draft to improve at RB.
A trade is possible. Guys like Peirce and Alligeier could be delt, shouldn't cost too much, and would be better tha anything we currently have

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A trade is possible. Guys like Peirce and Alligeier could be delt, shouldn't cost too much, and would be better tha anything we currently have
We’ll set sail with what we have and see how it goes. Hopefully it doesn’t turn into a train wreck. No assurances a trade can be worked out if we do run into trouble.

McMicah

Reaction score
1. Cut Chuma Edoga and stop pretending he’s valuable.
2. Find a RB with some juice off waivers

And if your feeling crazy….

3. Ship Cooper Rush to the Raiders or Minnesota for draft capital

OR if your feeling borderline psychotic….

3. Play Lance over Dak and tell him he can shop a trade partner if he doesn’t want the bench. Get draft capital and see what Lance is. If you do this, you are bombing for a high draft pick or two

plasticman

Reaction score
Free season passes for all Forum posters.....

With all the logistics involved with running a team a few weeks before the regular season, I'm sure they accidentally skipped over that item on the list.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I legit think we are going to make an impact trade before the deadline this year. Maybe in the next couple of weeks, but more likely at the deadline. I think we need an impact front 7 Defensive player. Ideally a pass rusher because while I love Tank as a run stopper and I think Kneeland is going to be a good player already in year one, IMO we have one good pass rusher. Yes he is one of the best, most disruptive pass rushers in the league and can at times wreck a game by himself, but if you throw two guys at him on every play you need someone else to step up and help.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Sure up the DT depth, where else can we improve this team?
RB is the biggest question mark at the moment. Maybe we'll be fine, but we just haven't seen if that's going to be the case.

The receiving corps without Lamb is a concern, but he still has time to sign before the season.

We could improve this team by upgrading some of the spots where we have bodies (including the DT depth that we "improved" with old bodies), but being realistic, we're not going to do anything that's going to truly make a splash. So RB is probably the most we could expect, and I only expect that if what we've got fails in the first couple of games.

rambo2

Reaction score
From listening to reports at training camp Brock Hoffman could start ahead of him at center, which may come as a disappointment to many fans. However, Beebe could overtake him at some point once he gains more experience.
Beebe is starting.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
RBs are always a popular cap casualty on final cuts.
They are but like I mentioned finding one better than what we have is not real likely. To get an upgrade we would have to trade for a back.