At what point does QB confidence become the real problem?

Cmac

Reaction score
Shouldn't our "QB guru" head coach be helping him through this? I realize it's been going on for 4 years now when the competition gets tougher but I think McCarthy was supposed to fix this.
The Guru is walking away, keeping distance right now.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you catch the look on Prescott's face after that pick 6 got the WFT back into the game? He looked shell shocked.

He has been off ever since he came back from the calf and was at his worst yet yesterday.

Add to this his comment last week about the offense "we're coming" and he puts that performance out there as proof of that? Talk about all sizzle and no steak. I think the owner had something to do with him saying that.

Now, the national media is on him as the problem on the offense but it isn't that simple, it is multiple problems including the OC, OL and mistakes by the players.

However, that does not stop the possible erosion of self-confidence that could already be happening to him. It is not just arm talent that separates the winners from the also rans, confidence is key.

This isn't about Dak's contract or whether you like him or don't, it is about what should they do to restore that confidence he had because he has had that and has proven that he can play at a high level, a top 5 level. He was even being mentioned a s MVP candidate just weeks ago.

If this team is to make any noise in the playoffs, they cannot have QB play like yesterday and they have to get this fixed before it does become a real confidence issue, if it hasn't already become one. If it has, they have to fix that sooner than later.

And is it just me but in crunch time, do you like Kellen Moore's body language and his sideline demeanor? He has been looking more confused as this progresses and I wonder if the QB is not the only one that needs a run game?

What's your plan for keeping or restoring his confidence level?

No savior for this massive mistake by Jerry.
YOU CANNOT TEACH OR COACH TALENT!!!!!
Someone better find new Zeke,Martin,Smith,Fredrick, then we might be able to continue to beat the DOG teams of the division.....best-case scenario.
You guys laugh when I call Rayne our 666.....while he fills his pockets.
Yes we have been bamboozled by one of the best PR guys in the league!

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
It has to be injury. He has NEVER been this bad over a prolonged stretch. Last 6 games:

63% completion, 8 tds, 6 ints. 82.8 qb rating.
“He has NEVER been this bad over a prolonged stretch”

2017 week 10 until 2018 week 8 (16 games)

63% completion, 16 Tds, 14 Ints 81 qb rating

Dak stans delusional.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No savior for this massive mistake by Jerry.
YOU CANNOT TEACH OR COACH TALENT!!!!!
Someone better find new Zeke,Martin,Smith,Fredrick, then we might be able to continue to beat the DOG teams of the division.....best-case scenario.
You guys laugh when I call Rayne our 666.....while he fills his pockets.
Yes we have been bamboozled by one of the best PR guys in the league!
Bamboozled ??

Jethro is getting his moneys worth with ratings and revenue. Remember his priorities “ interesting and relative “. It’s always the fans who get short changed . Jethro Jone$ is our 666.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anybody can root for a winner. It builds character rooting for a loser.
I am a Razorback. I am approaching the male version of Mother Teresa in character.

My son asked me one time "why are you continuing to watch that train wreck"? I replied "because no one else will". Truth is I dig train wrecks, just can't look away.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a QB, not a LB. QB's rarely make tackles, and IIRC, he was being blocked at the time.
Some coaches have a rule that the QB doesn't make tackles.

If McC doesn't, I am sure Booger has something about a 40M QB using his arms for throwing, not tackling. Tackling when you're not trained to do it is a really good way to rip a pectoral, bicep or tricep. Ken Norton Jr. ripped his bicep making a tackle and continued to play with that and it flopped around like a loose toupee, gave me the willies.

I think Elway ripped his bicep when making a tackle and played with it. I mean played football with it, not played with the floppy part of his arm. That would be gross and give me the willies.